Stacks Docklet

Having two or more stacks open at the same time, may be a little hard to program, since you need to make sure that the stacks have some distant from each other, at least in fan mode.

I can only see the point to do that with the grid mode however, I really don’t need it.

Also the stack will need a close button like an open folder.

Only thing I would like to see, is the opportunity to have more than 12 Icons in the fan mode, since I am on a Dell 24” Display.

Again, thanks to ChristianS for making it possible to use the stack as standalone and open sub folders from the stack in my Dock.

Hope you can get in contact with Matonga;)

In Vista1.jpg you can see my stack in fan mode, and in Vista2 you see the Vista folder opens as a sub folder in grid mode.

post-74392-1206118539_thumb.jpg

post-39-1206118539_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone do something to the stack docklet so that when u click the stack, it is abit more mac like an the icon for the stack turns into that empty glass icon with an arrow, and then when the stack goes back it reverts to the icon you have selected?

Cheers

Its been suggested but its not available in the current build. Whenever matonga feels up to the task or comes back from break, maybe he might add it.

Can someone help!!

After becoming bored with "out of the box" XP i just started messing with changing the appereance and using docks. I have rocketdock 1.3.5 installed and then installed stacks hoping it would add the functionality to rocketdock i wanted. Although it appears to do just that and displays all shortcuts in the test folder i set up it only loads word and appears to be opening word and loading the short cut into word :-/ i have totally removed stacks and rocket dock and re installed, deleted the test folder and all short cuts. I created another folder with a different name and created two new short cuts to files not used before BUT when i use stacks and click on one of the icons on the stack...... yep it loads word.

Anyone know how to correct this, where the settings are stored?

Any help appreciated and my apollogies if this is not the correct place for this post

You have to modify the shell32.dll, whit programs like replacer.

Oh ! That seems difficult...

And, i have a weird problem. By default, when i add a "Stacks Docklet", it gets added to the end of my dock... When i move it to a different position withing the dock, it disappears. This happens only with the Stacks Docklet and only with RK Launcher. IT works perfectly in RocketDock.

But, how do i fix this in RK ?

Thanks for the replies,

BUT I am not having problems with incorrect icons. THe problem i have is if i have a stack consisting of Imgburn, word, Power DVD and another folder, for example, clicking on the folder works as would be expected but clicking on all other icons will only load word!! the results i get are similar to one of the bugs that has been fixed?

----------

History:

(last edited 16-feb-2008, 12:53 pm GMT-02:00)

fixed problem when dock is in any but bottom edge (left, top, right dock positions).

fixed problem with opening wrong file on click.

----------

As far as i can tell i have the latest version of Stacks, the StackDocklet.dll is reporting version 1.0.0.28

I'm running XP pro SP3

I have Brico pack Crystal clear loaded

and Vista Sidebar (latest)

Any help in correcting this is appreciated as i'm stumped?

@jfty009260:If those items are shortcuts, are you sure that they're pointing to where ever they should be pointing to and not Word?

Absolutely they are shortcuts and most deffinitly are pointing to the right application. Very frustrating problem which is a shame as i prefer Stacks to KKmenu but KKmenu dosen't give this problem, nor the issue of jerky icons when you leave stack open and run along the dock :(

No one have the answer??

@sei-aidyn

@ChristianS: any chance you can make this standalone work with customized keyboard buttons? I really like your idea in making it work off of the taskbar/shortcut... but i rarely use the taskbar, and i don't like the idea of having shortcuts on my desktop...

sorry, i don't think...

you speak about hot keys like CTRL+SHIT+F1 ? or special key of some keyboard ?

in this case , i suppose that you have a software to assign a shortcut to a key !?

if you speak about hotkeys, i will think about it, but it's not possible with this actual program.