Stacks Docklet

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alienheart: but it would be awsome if it can stack my computer and able to name your stack icons, so I'll know my stuff if i have more than one stacks.

If i understand your post correctly, you can name your stacks if you are using shortcuts. To give the stack the name you want create a folder with that name put your shortcuts in that folder and name the shortcuts with the names you want the icons in your stack to have.

In the "current ****let" stacks settings use the browse button at the end of the "folder" setting to browse to your shortcut folder. Repeat for all your stacks.

Hope i am not teaching you to suck eggs :)

And, i have a weird problem. By default, when i add a "Stacks Docklet", it gets added to the end of my dock... When i move it to a different position withing the dock, it disappears. This happens only with the Stacks Docklet and only with RK Launcher. IT works perfectly in RocketDock.

But, how do i fix this in RK ?

And, when i move a stacks docklet that is not assigned to any folder, i don't get any error. But, it disappears.

When i move a docklet that is assigned to a folder, i get the error as shown in the attached image.

And, the docklet disappears too...

Could anyone please help me with this ?

Hello,

I use RocketDock 1.3.5 on a portable USB-Stick. As I have several progs on the stick, I want to use this docklet to group the apps and not to overload the dock.

The problem is that I have to choose a folder for the docklet, in which are placed the shortcuts of the "grouped" apps. My problem are the shortcuts, because the letter of the directory could change on connecting to another machine.

Is there any other way to use this docklet for portable use?

If I use a batch for starting the grouped apps, I don't get any Icons!

Can somebody help?

Hi.. I just want to ask if someone is having the same problem and what could be a fix?

Problem: Each time I restart RocketDock the stack docklets returns to empty state. I have to reset my folder, my icon and stuff....

Ps. If this was posted before sorry, I tried to read from the first page to the last but I found out this was more than 40 pages so i stopped.

Hi.. I just want to ask if someone is having the same problem and what could be a fix?

Problem: Each time I restart RocketDock the stack docklets returns to empty state. I have to reset my folder, my icon and stuff....

Ps. If this was posted before sorry, I tried to read from the first page to the last but I found out this was more than 40 pages so i stopped.

lol try redownloading, deleting the old docklets and making new ones :)

If you're using Vista, it could be something to do with the app not getting admin rights to save it's settings. You could try shifting the installation folder to My Documents to see if that works?

Ok since no one can answer me I tried to search for a fix myself. After reading previous posts in the RocketDock site, it seems it is caused by UAC. There's a method there to fix it but it doesn't work for me, I get errors of can't Write .ini something. So I searched for the file and changed it.

Here's my fix for all those with same problem:

-Go to Docklet folder in your RocketDock

-Look for the "Setting" file and...

Properties>Security>Edit> Users (UsernameUsers)>Full Access

(Full access or just put a check on the "Modify")

Ok since no one can answer me I tried to search for a fix myself. After reading previous posts in the RocketDock site, it seems it is caused by UAC. There's a method there to fix it but it doesn't work for me, I get errors of can't Write .ini something. So I searched for the file and changed it.

Here's my fix for all those with same problem:

-Go to Docklet folder in your RocketDock

-Look for the "Setting" file and...

Properties>Security>Edit> Users (UsernameUsers)>Full Access

(Full access or just put a check on the "Modify")

Putting it in My Docs would essentially allow it to bypass that UAC thing, cause My Docs is entirely the ownership of the current user, with no write restrictions. Which is why I suggested that. If you search this thread, you'll see others have had the same problem on Vista.

Something I've discovered with vista (that also fixes the saving issue)

Is using the TASK SCHEDULER to run programs as administrator, bypassing UAC.

Go to START then in the search bar type TASK SCHEDULER

Open it

Go to ACTION - CREATE TASK

on the first tab make sure you name it, and you check RUN WITH HIGHEST PRIVELEGES

on the second tab make click NEW TRIGGER

and choose AT LOG ON Make sure everything is unchecked except ENABLED

on the third tab click NEW, find rocket dock

on the forth tab uncheck everything

on the fifth tab only check ALLOW TASK TO BE RUN ON DEMAND

Click OK and you are set!

Keep these steps in your back pocket, as they will save you MANY times over for the stubborn apps vista isn't fond of. Enjoy!

PS... you'll want to remove RocketDock from your startup in the registry (or via the program settings)

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Now to my problem. i´ve installed rocketdock and the program from here to get this stacks. unfortunaly it doesn´t work.

always when i choose a ordner with this programm then i cannot open the files in this ordner. in this ordner are the most important programs from me. when i choose now for example google earth, does always appears the message:

"There is no application associated with the given filename extension."

know anyone of you what is wrong? :-D

I'm having this problem as well. Has this been solved? I certainly hope so, I was very excited about stacks...

sup every1, first off i would like to say how great this app is. it has helped me keep my system even more organized than i could of ever thought. thnx matonga. well, the reason i write this is because i would like to know if it possible to place a stack within a stack? i for one find my self needing this feature and would like to know if its possible or will be possible. thnx for any and all help.

sup every1, first off i would like to say how great this app is. it has helped me keep my system even more organized than i could of ever thought. thnx matonga. well, the reason i write this is because i would like to know if it possible to place a stack within a stack? i for one find my self needing this feature and would like to know if its possible or will be possible. thnx for any and all help.

Short answer no.

A quick use of the search facility would have found that answer. :slant:

@anon696

It is possible to have a stack within the stack (opening a sub folder from the stack in fan or grid mode), if you also make use of the standalonestack made by ChristianS.

You can download it from his site here:

w ww.chrisnsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/standalonestack.zip (remove the space)

thnx for the help nighthawk :) ill give it a try, i hope that it works. thnx.

Short answer no.

A quick use of the search facility would have found that answer. :slant:

hmm, the search huh? yeah, i was think'n of being an ass right now but theres no need. nighthawk helped me out and yes i did search both teh internets and this great forum so thnx. :P

Anon I don't like that idea. I hate seeing it suggested. But they are suggestions though.

Anyway. Besides that. The best program to use would probably be KKmenu for that. It does its job with no problem. I think there is a link somewhere on the forum. Search for it.

Anon I don't like that idea. I hate seeing it suggested. But they are suggestions though.

Anyway. Besides that. The best program to use would probably be KKmenu for that. It does its job with no problem. I think there is a link somewhere on the forum. Search for it.

hmm, why do you hate the idea? i just think that it would help me and maybe others.