Stacks Docklet

@NighthawkF117

thnx for your help. i appreciate it so much. i read and followed the instructions that ChristianS gave but i get an error when i try to double click on the shortcut. i included a pic of the error. im starting to think that this wont work on my pc. well im late for church so later 4 now.

ps: i forgot my specs.

mobo: gigabyte 945gzm-s2

cpu: core duo 1.8ghz

ram: 2gb xms corsair

video: on board :(

post-78520-1206901599_thumb.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure you have good path...

c:standalonestack --> with standalonestack.exe

c:stadalonestackStackDocklet ---> the Matonga docklet --> StackDocklet.dll

c:stadalonestackStackDockletImages --> docklet images --> Default icon.png , Open folder.png

of course, the first folder "standalonestack" can be different if you want.

you have the message "error loading plugin" because standalonestack can't see stackdocklet.dll

see more and download full zip file at w ww.chrisnsoft.com/standalonestack/ (remove space in w ww )

Sorry I've been out for some time.

I'm currently at job at mornings, and at university at afternoon/evening (and sleeping at night) so expect very uncontinued updates :(

However I've just updated it to show more than 12 items on larger displays (I mean larger screen resolutions such as 2560x1920, etc...). I haven't tested it with such large screens, so can't tell how it will turn out. If someone has problems with this feature please post screenshots :) so I can understand better what is going on.

I think I'll completely replace the way shortcuts are launched, because I'm f*d up with so many people haveing this same problem. Does someone have a sample code on how to launch a shortcut without using ShellExecute(Ex)? (non .NET code please, unless it uses PInvoke or IShellLink stuff).

Great to see you back, matonga! Thanks for rolling out another update for us folks.

Now unless I'm missing something, the new update seems to have caused fan stacks to keep at least 4 items from showing and adding them to the Open Folder menu. You fix?

Edit: What's more, clicking the Open Folder icon will open the shortcut that was meant to be at the list. The stack docklet seems to be working better for those with higher resolution monitors (seen in NighthawkF117's screenshot) than those with standard (1024x768) resolution desktops (forgot to mention that I have the latter resolution).

@matonga

Here are two pictures of the problems with the new stack version 1.0.0.39

The FAN mode seems to work a little strange, Programs stack opens like jfty009260 does.

See picture: stack-fan1.jpg.

The FAN mode of my Vista folder opens more than 12 icons however, the last of them at the top are broken.

See picture: stack-Fan2.jpg.

post-74392-1207066533_thumb.jpg

post-39-1207066533_thumb.jpg

@iamoraal: You can download the website's favicon (usually by appending /favicon.ico to the site's URL; works for majority of them sites). Since those items are shortcuts, you can go to Right click > Properties > Shortcut > Change icon and just choose the website's icon.

@NighthawkF117: Nice find. So the 4-item excluding bug only works in shortcuts and not on folders...

Great to see you back, matonga! Thanks for rolling out another update for us folks.

Now unless I'm missing something, the new update seems to have caused fan stacks to keep at least 4 items from showing and adding them to the Open Folder menu. You fix?

Edit: What's more, clicking the Open Folder icon will open the shortcut that was meant to be at the list. The stack docklet seems to be working better for those with higher resolution monitors (seen in NighthawkF117's screenshot) than those with standard (1024x768) resolution desktops (forgot to mention that I have the latter resolution).

Have the same problem as well since updated from 1.0.0.28..

Anyway, thanks for your time matonga :D

@jfty009260: I tried that but it doesn't appear to work. When I save the favicon.ico file it saves as a .bmp file. I even tried converting to a .ico file with no luck at all. Windows explorer shows all my IE shortcuts with the appropriate .ico's but they just don't appear in the stacks docklet. I am using it in Objectdock on Windows XP. I even tried closing / re-opening objectdock. Any other ideas?

thank you very much now my objectdock is really fun to use, by the way you said that you needed vista testers well i'm using vista 32 ultimate with sp1. and the first backround the orange one is an animated dreamscene the second is a normal pic so far things are going great.

i wonder if there is a posibility to get those icons to be animated when clicked like leopard.

but again really thank you

post-78758-1207205683_thumb.jpg

post-39-1207205683_thumb.jpg

Another bug:

you can't click open the second stack docklet without closing the first one, objectdock will crash in this way. But you can click open another dock item(something other than a stack docklet) without closing an opened stack docklet. Can it be fixed? Thanks

Testing any of these and giving me feedback would be pretty appreciated ;)

Mi Matias,

cool docklet, like it very much, yet still have a few things that could be improved ;-)

- fan mode only shows 5 items on my 1680x1050 screen, should be more or even better customizable (see attached screenshot)

- icon title from dock icon overlaps fan icons, dock icon title should be removed when opening fan (see attached screenshot)

- support for special folder like control panel and novell zenworks application folders (have an extension (listed as .{763370C4-268E-4308-A60C-D8DA0342BE32} in dos box)

cheers, Lothar

post-78769-1207231699_thumb.png