Stacks Docklet

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matonga, I understand your busy and all but is it possible for you to post a list of Suggestions and bug fixes that you are working on?

Also, I recommend that all the future versions contain a "Read Me" with the text in the first post along with instructions for the known Shortcut launching issue and a known bugs list.

Awesome docklet! Just wanted to say that Networked drives under Vista do not show any names above the icons - mouseover or otherwise. If you follow the path through the network and then make a stack following the network path it will show the drive letter that is on the network. Any way to allow naming of icons? Or at least to read the name that you have assigned the drive from the "map network drive" options under the computer properties.

Ok.

dockletpo3.jpg

But when I click anything (except the "Freeware Games" folder) nothing happens.

How did you get the folder name to not cover the name of your shortcuts? In my stack docklet using Rocket Dock the last row of shortcuts has some of their names covered by the folder name.

How did you get the folder name to not cover the name of your shortcuts? In my stack docklet using Rocket Dock the last row of shortcuts has some of their names covered by the folder name.

I think that might be a bug... with stacks.. check if your dll version is 1.0.0.42

if not grab the latest version here.

When I use stacks my folder name just disappears all together in ObjectDock.

ODStacksScreen.jpg

In RocketDock the grid is displayed above it.

RDStacksScreen.jpg

Ok.

I have a folder of Shortcuts to all my games.

folderrl5.png

Now I add this to the settings of a new Stack docklet

settingnl9.png

And it appears in the actual Docklet

dockletpo3.jpg

But when I click anything (except the "Freeware Games" folder) nothing happens.

I am using ObjeckDock+ 1.90 Build 535u. Windows XP Pro SP2.

I tried it with RocketDock and the exact same thing happens.

Hey STATiK,

Whats the Windows theme that you are using ?

Its awesome... Is thr any place from whr i can download it ?

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to have my actual system icons (drives, folders, etc.) to appear in stacks docklet instead of default system icons ? I am using IconPackager to change icons, and they are changed everywhere except in stacks docklet and it is pretty annoying :(

Thanks.

edit: I am using StackDocklet in RocketDock. Perhaps it is a RocketDock issue ? :?:

I know this is asking abit much but is it possible to edit this somehow so that when you click on the stack, instead of showing a folder, it shows a "mini dock". While I have no issues with creating shortcuts to stick into a folder, it would be nice to have a "mini dock". Just a suggestion! =)

I think that might be a bug... with stacks.. check if your dll version is 1.0.0.42

if not grab the latest version here.

When I use stacks my folder name just disappears all together in ObjectDock.

ODStacksScreen.jpg

In RocketDock the grid is displayed above it.

RDStacksScreen.jpg

I still get the problem with the newest docklet. What are your font settings and text size for the labels set at in Rocket Dock?

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to have my actual system icons (drives, folders, etc.) to appear in stacks docklet instead of default system icons ? I am using IconPackager to change icons, and they are changed everywhere except in stacks docklet and it is pretty annoying :(

Thanks.

edit: I am using StackDocklet in RocketDock. Perhaps it is a RocketDock issue ? :?:

I'm not sure how IconPakager works but have your tried restarting RocketDock or your system?

I know that the icons in RD won't change with the system until the program is restarted.

You can always modify the shortcut icons. If that doesn't work.

I'm not sure how IconPakager works but have your tried restarting RocketDock or your system?

I know that the icons in RD won't change with the system until the program is restarted.

You can always modify the shortcut icons. If that doesn't work.

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I have tried restarting both of them and I still get default XP icons for drive shortcuts in stacks docklet. It is not the icon that I click on to open that I wont to change, but the icons that fan-out out of it.

I will try with objectDock instead of rocket dock...As far as I can see, it works fine with full object dock app.

Great Docklet... really magnificient!

But there is only one problemn bugging me... the shadow of one of my folders in this app is pixellet (black white) and looks a bit messy... but a other folder there isnt.

How can I repair this? edit: It is helped if I restart Objectdock, problemn is also with Rocketdock.

Also I want to know if it is possible to make the icons larger^^.

Thank you very much btw!