[wip] - Opus

Here's where I'm at on my latest theme, it's a sort of aqua, but not. Glassy buttons, but overall matt look and feel to it, works well together...

What is done: Blue Matt style

To Do:

Blue Matt with blue buttons

Blue Matt with Soft buttons

Blue Shiny

Grey variants of all above too (I fell in love with inactive titlebar look).

Both Square AND rounded buttons / caption bar versions of all variants.

Lucida Grande font variation for each version

(Screeny shows square Blue Matt - click for biggie....do it!)

opusT.png

*All* graphics were built from the ground up using Photoshop7, no image is modified / ported in any way.

Comments / suggestions? :)

Originally posted by r3lic@Aug 30 2003, 02:54 AM

excellent job b0se...im not a fan of the font, but a lil stylebuilder action can change it to  my fav (lucida grance 7 pt bold).

;) looks kickass

I forgot to mention, each variation will have Lucida Grande font version too...

Can't live without that font anymore :)

Hi!

This is a wonderfull theme! Very good contrast (one point I'm missing at the most themes).

I would like to see it with rounded corners, and this great (orange - green - red) buttons for the window actions. They should be white on inactive windows, and colored at the active one.

This would be great!

Thank you!

hcb

:own:

I would only suggest rounded corners, and while i'm in a pipe dream, the plastic square buttons like in KoL's panther theme. Otherwise, this vs is killer! I would, however, suggest changing the title from "Matt" to "Matte." Otherwise, you would be naming the skin after me, and not after the non-glossy attributes of the titlebars.

Thanks for the great work!

--mgehrett--

Ok I have NOT downloaded this theme yet, but from my first impression from looking at the screenshot I will say this: I love everything about this VS except for the taskbar and that start button. The start button just doesn't flow with the taskbar IMO and I don't like the gradient on the taskbar. I think it should be brighter or maybe even blue. I think the active task should, at least, be blue.

I'm gonna download it and try it out and then I'll be back to post again. :D

BTW I love your themes - b0se DMX right now! (Y)

Originally posted by imtoomuch@Sep 1 2003, 08:32 AM

Ok I have NOT downloaded this theme yet, but from my first impression from looking at the screenshot I will say this: I love everything about this VS except for the taskbar and that start button.  The start button just doesn't flow with the taskbar IMO and I don't like the gradient on the taskbar.  I think it should be brighter or maybe even blue.  I think the active task should, at least, be blue.

I'm gonna download it and try it out and then I'll be back to post again.  :D

BTW I love your themes - b0se DMX right now! (Y)

I believe nobody has downloaded it yet, lol

Its not actually released yet, got a lot of work left to do :)

Thanks for the comments so far! Please read the first post before replying though, I did mention that I'll be doing a rounded version...

The start button is temporary, before that screenshot it was a hand drawn smiley face ;)