Bug Report Center

siik

Alright, so I've been seeing that the original thread has been spammed, by lots of unnecessary posts...

So if you ever have encountered problems, Please post them here, and not at the original thread

I want to make that thread clean, because if people are trying to find out if there are any new releases, they have to go back like 5-6 pages cause' of those "Spam" posts...

"IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO A PROBLEM, LEAVE IT TO OTHERS TO ANSWER"

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please BOBAH13 fix these bug to version 5.2.1:

1. Control panel italian version compatibility (correct address is ::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D})

2. Annoying error message that stops the animation of the dock --> Error:"CreateFileMapping" returned NULL!"

3. Drag default icon from Desktop to dock

THANKS !!!

PS. I have Vista 32 and 64 bit Sp1 fresh installation

@Freestart: you have many things on your dock. Could you please try a clean reinstall of it, and check if the bug appears with just a view Icons, too?

PS: Ahhh, you are using Vista! Sadly, there are a lot more problem with this dock on Vista, than on XP. I guess Bobah doesn't really test it on vista...

@Freestart: you have many things on your dock. Could you please try a clean reinstall of it, and check if the bug appears with just a view Icons, too?

PS: Ahhh, you are using Vista! Sadly, there are a lot more problem with this dock on Vista, than on XP. I guess Bobah doesn't really test it on vista...

thanks I have tried but the problem there is always, I have resintalled vista too

thanks I have tried but the problem there is always, I have resintalled vista too

it should be a vista problem, because i have currently 21 icons on the dock.. and nothing appears...

actually there are some stuff that appears every now and then.. but no letters, it's just a error?

maybe it's because of windowblinds... so we'll see if i uninstall windowblinds... it may not appear anymore

and sometimes, this error appears, on the title it says "Tclock" or something like that.

it should be a vista problem, because i have currently 21 icons on the dock.. and nothing appears...

actually there are some stuff that appears every now and then.. but no letters, it's just a error?

maybe it's because of windowblinds... so we'll see if i uninstall windowblinds... it may not appear anymore

and sometimes, this error appears, on the title it says "Tclock" or something like that.

Uh, that "TClock" Error might be related to one of my Docklets! Please post the whole error-message next time, and let me know what Docklet-dlls you've got in your /Docklets/- Folder, and which ones you have installed on your dock.

Perhaps I have finally understood thing it is that it causes the error to xwindowsdock, it is the program "Power Translator Pro." It also integrates a toolbar in IE Explorer for this when I open Internet Explorer goes out the error. Is the question now why "Power Translator Pro" produces conflict with "XWindowsDock"? with RocketDock I don't have this problem.

Bug Report:

I get this error, i have no clue why...

As you can see in the Caption, this one is caused by my XMail-Docklet. I can't see it in your dock, but i guess you have the xmail.dll in you Docklets-dir.

Do you want to use XMail? If not, delete the dll from your directory, and the error should not appear anymore.

If you want to use it, I need more details: First delete the Docklets/Xmail/ folder and the Xmail.dll. Then follow the instructions to reinstall the latest version.

Does the error now appear, if you don't add the Docklet to the dock (just the dll in the folder)? (let the dock run 40min at least! I guess the error will appear after ~30min running!) No? Then try to add it to the dock and tell me, on what point you run into trouble.

PS: hehe, good to see XGrab in action! :)

hi i guess this is a docklet bug but yea i wanna use the weather docklet that mantoga created but every time i want to add it to the dock it gives me an error this has been going onsince i downloaded ver. 4.8-5.2 i dont know why and i see people use it and post screen shots does anyone know y i get this error message

Weather docklet is not updated, it will not work with the current Dock-Versions.

PS: The screenshots are most likely outdated, or it could be another dock, or an old Dock-Version they are still using. But Weather-Docklet is certainly not working with 5.0 and higher. (PM the person who did the screenshot, if you want to know, which explanation is correct)

Hi Atreiu:

with the Xmail checker set to 4 minutes intervals I came back to the computer to find and Error window saying: "Connection gracefully closed" (or something like that) and the consequent crash of the dock.

Here's the log:

Thanks, that's helping! Can you set interval to about 15min and report back, if after ~1.5 hour you get any errors?

Thanks, that's helping! Can you set interval to about 15min and report back, if after ~1.5 hour you get any errors?

ok,. I'll give it a try. But (BUT) having the checker updating 4 times an hour makes it a little useless (for me at least) and that would be sad (specially since no one will care about making another gmail checker if this one is available).

Hope you can fix these errors and make it usable again with 3 minutes periods.

Thanks for your hard work, man.

ok,. I'll give it a try. But (BUT) having the checker updating 4 times an hour makes it a little useless (for me at least) and that would be sad (specially since no one will care about making another gmail checker if this one is available).

Hope you can fix these errors and make it usable again with 3 minutes periods.

Thanks for your hard work, man.

Don't worry, i'm just try to reproduce your error on my computer, which would make it way easier to fix.

But I just ran test: 1 Gmail Account, about 50 messages in the Inbox, not nested, interval 1 min., without any problem so for.

I try to explain what happens at your computer: You are loosing the connection to the imap-server during the check for new mails (this time at your 34th mail of the inbox, by date). I have no idea why you are loosing connection, but it can be cause by something outside XWinDock.

If I don't know what's causing your connection-lost, i can't fix it.

However, i should be able to handle a connection-lost, without crashing the whole program. That's what I'm working on, right now.

as I said: you are my hero. (send me your address and I'll send you a pack of vitamin B to keep your brain working). ;)

My Brain is working fine, my docklet isn't. Give him the vit B :P

But here is a test Version for you, just overwrite the XMail.dll.

I hope this fixes the Dock-Crashing, but you still will get one Error-message and on the Error a wrong New Message count, probably.

But after the Error-Message, the Docklet should continue its work and check for messages again at the next interval. If it goes through without a Error-Message this time, everything should work fine.

You can try that with your 4min Interval or lower, because I added a function that skips one Interval, if the check didn't finished, yet.

Report back your results :)

(Please post the log again, then)

XMail-godiex-version2.zip

ha! ;)

this makes me feel like I'm desperate to know about my emails. (mayeb I am)

Ok, to the point:

it returned and error "Range check Error", then it displayed a very weird number of unread emails: 6 , (when I had only one)...then, if I ctrlclick it returns the same error display, and doensn't update....

The Dock doens't crash though! Yayy ;) that's a progress.

but error messages are annoying and the counter doesn't , and IF I insist with ctrlclick,, boom, crashes again...

Vit B on its way...

XMail-DebugLog.txt