Bug Report Center

siik

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats great. But Vladimir, what about this problem (I don't know did anybody mentioned it here) with loosing focus of windows when dock is on. I mean, I CAN'T select for example library in iTunes when dock is running, the same in explorer windows, I can't navigate in the part which is on the bottom. I think dock reserves screen for magnification, it's major bug coz I just have to turn it off to work. Holla.

So I almost finish working at the windows reflection. In the next realese it will be faster and you will be able to see only windows without dock and desktop's wallpaper ;)

D:

Without dock is good, but can't you put wallpaper back in staticly? As in, just grabbing the image from the registry and painting it on? (Because it looks really good :P)

Also, it doesn't update what's inside the windows until you move it - I realise this is needed in XP, but under Vista you could use the DWM to grab the window, then it would update by itself :)

(Matonga's mirror did that, and as far as I know, he doesn't have vista, so I assume you're doing some shiny optimisations? It does use a lot less CPU ;))

but it's taking off the transparency, I think in Mac they have reflection for wallpaper in half of the dock only or in some kind of mask because its not making such a big mess like here :P or maybe two settings, for windows reflection and for desktop background reflection opacity would be good solution.

Also, I would like to see blur option for dock opacity. It would be KICKING A*S ! Just like in Windows 7 superbar. For dock. Can you imagine that quality? Damn. Bobah, I know its just a few lines of code to make that blur option :)

Actually, no it isn't.

To make a window transparent in XP, it has to be made into a "layered" window, which simply means it can have transparencies. The Blur effect is possible because windows 7 uses a Desktop Compositor, which allows your graphics card to do all the hard work with windows. In order to do a blur effect, Bobah would have to do a good bit of trickery, and while he could do it, I'm sure, it'd be more than a few lines of code ;)

In any case, perhaps you're right, but we're not out to strictly emulate OS X here, are we ;)

Another issue with the updating of windows is that when I roll them up, using WinRoll, it doesn't update the reflection, which is sad :'(

Perhaps a solution could be a manual refresh rate option? I wouldn't mind giving a few CPU cycles for a faster reflect :)

In all my work and meaning I'm trying to get both what's best in Aqua and Aero, and mix it possibly for best effect providing my themes, ideas and requests. I got both Mac and Vista and testin W7 so I'm not strictly doing things 100% "like M*c", coz some of things are done other way in Apple's computers, and some other things looks better on Windows machines. That's my way of thinking, so I would like to make this dock to the future suitable for Windows 7 which looks promising, and I'm even using it right now, with superbar on top + white color of glass and dock on bottom. It suits each other, almos like Mac and I like it. Having blur on dock would make it perfect. :)

have you tried hitting the refresh button to the right of the skin combo box?

so, first move your skins into the skin directory, then within the Dock's settings window, under the dock's page click refresh, then select from the available skins.

I tried, does not help, this problem has appeared after installation here it: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=50888

I have removed it since the dock was not started, and I have reinstalled dock, my dock simply does not see new skins that I would not do

Please stop talking about reflection and mouse on. Becase at first "blur" is not "2" lines of code ;) and matonga's reflection it's only timer which update dock in several seconds and therefore you can see everything what is on the dock. So I said that I have got time now and I'll do my best to make this dock much better and every day I receive suggestions what I must do ;) so please don't send any messages to me about suggestions till I publish new realese.

that should shut them up for now bobah ;)

I don't want to say anything yet...

I do get annoying messages when i go on standby, or hibernate, when I go back on...

it says like -18 blah blah blah blah

it's a short message...

I barely use the dock now... but when the new update arrives, when many bugs are fixed I will start using it more often (I STILL USE THE DOCK)

:D

Happy New Years again to everyone

Each and every time I restart XW dock, the third item becomes a separator and the fourth item becomes an empty stack, sometimes a desktop stack. So what I did first was I replaced two items with new ones and again, when I restarted the dock, it happened again. Can you please tell me the solution for this? Or if this bug is already posted by someone, kindly notify me.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit.

BTW, happy new year!

Please stop talking about reflection and mouse on. Becase at first "blur" is not "2" lines of code ;) and matonga's reflection it's only timer which update dock in several seconds and therefore you can see everything what is on the dock. So I said that I have got time now and I'll do my best to make this dock much better and every day I receive suggestions what I must do ;) so please don't send any messages to me about suggestions till I publish new realese.

It is all because you could use Vista and use DWM. It could help alot, blur could be done fast that way. I don't want to write my dock if you are going to say this :) But it would be very helpful I think. And optimized for Vista.

I send you donation today.

Keep up the good work, Vladimir!

Each and every time I restart XW dock, the third item becomes a separator and the fourth item becomes an empty stack, sometimes a desktop stack. So what I did first was I replaced two items with new ones and again, when I restarted the dock, it happened again. Can you please tell me the solution for this? Or if this bug is already posted by someone, kindly notify me.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit.

BTW, happy new year!

This sounds totally wired. Do you have any docklets or other themes installed? Did you try a clean reinstall into another directory?

Denis700, Atreiu's question is a very reasonable one. Don't think everyone's out to accuse your installer of ill intent.

I would say that the complaints people have about your installer is not so much that they genuinely think you're trying to infect them with a virus, rather, that your installer also changes settings within the dock which might have unintended consequences on the target system. (and the jumpy nature of people also means that your installer is more likely to be given grief when there's false positives.) Also, people seem to prefer non-installer versions of things in general.

But I think Atreiu's question here was more of a general one to track down the problem.

Denis700, Atreiu's question is a very reasonable one. Don't think everyone's out to accuse your installer of ill intent.

I would say that the complaints people have about your installer is not so much that they genuinely think you're trying to infect them with a virus, rather, that your installer also changes settings within the dock which might have unintended consequences on the target system. (and the jumpy nature of people also means that your installer is more likely to be given grief when there's false positives.) Also, people seem to prefer non-installer versions of things in general.

But I think Atreiu's question here was more of a general one to track down the problem.

Exactly. ;)

@Denis: I myself didn't even tried your theme yet, because there is so much in it. Sound, Options, Language Pack,... I don't even know what exactly your installer changes. IMHO, you should make an installer, where I can choose what to install/change (sound, options, language pack, Dock-background, etc...). Or make a manual-install-version, too (just the files, and a readme where to copy them). But like Firecracker excellently pointed out: this has nothing to do with investigating the CPU problem.

This sounds totally wired. Do you have any docklets or other themes installed? Did you try a clean reinstall into another directory?

I finally got this error fixed by disabling UAC. BTW, how do you install themes? I place them in the /skins folder but then the theme doesn't appear on the menu. I'm using the latest version of XWD.