Apple Min/max

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this really cool...but theres some look problem when using safari.look at the screen shot u have to adjust???i think

look at safari right top border. and some application like yahoo messenger

and error poppin.

cant wait for new version realease..

post-87488-1235406926_thumb.png

Edited by danhoven
this really cool...but theres some look problem when using safari.look at the screen shot u have to adjust???i think

look at safari right top border. and some application like yahoo messenger

and error poppin.

cant wait for new version realease..

yea i noticed that too and i got a "Violation of blah blah blah..." when i had it start up with the computer but once i restarted the program it was fine i think theres like a start up prob. well atleast 4 me

other than that great work

Mmm... correct me if I'm wrong then, but...

Mac OS X doesn't have such thing like rolling up windows. And the button at the right has nothing to do with rollup.

X11 systems (such as Linux) are the ones who come with window rollup feature. There is a button in the titlebar dedicated to this. As OS X doesn't have such feature, skins emulating it used the right side button (which has no equivalent in Linux and Windows) as the rollup button.

I'm not saying this as the absolutely truth, but as what I can see as far as I know.

you are right about OS X and I can prove it:

normal finder window

finder window after clicking the button on the right side of the titlebar

I made these on a friends Mac (a old mac, it's can't run leopard) for a site

O and in Linux not all versions use a roleup-button some roleup when you double-click the titlebar (and I can know I have one of those versions :lol: )

and in windows/linux some of the skins use it for a contextual menu

which is normally shown when you click the programs icon in the titlebar

So many people have requested exclusion list, so I finally implemented it. :)

Download new beta version 2009-03-04 (see first post).

BTW I want to discontinue this method and rewrite AppleMinMax to hack itself into applications. This would allow for more consistent behavior. This way it would be able to remove menu bars too (and maybe implement something like Rosie) and also maybe replace right-click menus too with skinned ones. But I'm just talking too much, and I haven't time to do it, and Stacks Docklet 2.0 is still pre-beta... :(

This looks snazzy, it really looks very good.

EDIT: I've noticed the title's don't change immediately, if I quickly go through a few folders they don't change until I click on the title. :)

EDIT2: Another thing with the titles :P The fonts dont look right. Here's an image with Leopard at the top and Apple MinMax at the bottom pic. http://www.file2go.net/image/2cec0ed822/di...20in%20font.png

Edited by yorkey

EDIT: I've noticed the title's don't change immediately, if I quickly go through a few folders they don't change until I click on the title. :)

EDIT2: Another thing with the titles :P The fonts dont look right. Here's an image with Leopard at the top and Apple MinMax at the bottom pic. http://www.file2go.net/image/2cec0ed822/di...20in%20font.png

Hi, let's se:

1. Yeah the title doesn't change properly. This is why I said I'm willing to rewrite AppleMinMax using a completely different technique (at the cost of some antiviruses thinking AppleMinMax would be a virus, but it should work ok with most of them as far as I have tested) (BTW it won't play nice with 64 bit apps too).

2. Hey thanks! You can see I've tried hard to duplicate font style, with those light highlights or whatever they are, etc... I can't promise a pixel perfect emulation but I'll see... who knows... ;) BTW the icon looks much better in Leopard too. :( Dunno how to solve that.

Hi, let's se:

1. Yeah the title doesn't change properly. This is why I said I'm willing to rewrite AppleMinMax using a completely different technique (at the cost of some antiviruses thinking AppleMinMax would be a virus, but it should work ok with most of them as far as I have tested) (BTW it won't play nice with 64 bit apps too).

2. Hey thanks! You can see I've tried hard to duplicate font style, with those light highlights or whatever they are, etc... I can't promise a pixel perfect emulation but I'll see... who knows... ;) BTW the icon looks much better in Leopard too. :( Dunno how to solve that.

Well the traffic lights are definitely pixel perfect, I'm not fussy over such details like the icons though. ;)

EDIT: Oh! I forgot one thing, I've only been a few times on a Mac and that has only been when I went to a store, the rest I know is just from screenshots, but I think when you hover over the max/min/close buttons that it looks like all of them are hovered on, you know? I'm not sure so I could be wrong, but it would be great if you could implement that as well.

Edited by yorkey
Do you use the orginal Icons from Leopard or scaled Icons from the 512x512 Icon Pictures?

I´ve made a Leopard-Folder-Icon-Pack with the orginal Icon-Resolutions inside, maybe you can try this ;)

Download

Ok, checked and it happens I used scaled versions from 512x512 icon.

Now I tried yours, but the problem persists. I checked your icons with IcoFX and they're done right, 16x16 and 32x32 are the specially made, non-scaled versions, and this is cool, but even there Microsh*t Windows seems to scale down the 512x512 one (???). :(

Anyway, I'll probably use your icon pack for the next version of FingerXP (of course as long as I have your authorization).

Edit

Ok, I got it working :) This is what I did:

Background info:

- I have Flyakite OS X

- I use IconTweaker

What I did:

Resource hacked file C:\Documents and Settings\Matías\Datos de programa\IconTweaker\Themes\LeopardXP\LeopardXP Blue\LeopardXP Blue.icl and replaced icon with resource ID 25 with icon Default.ico from RocknGothAlien's pack.

(Datos de programa = Application data, my Windows is in spanish)

Replaced file C:\WINDOWS\FlyakiteOSX\Resources\shell32.dll\4.ico with Default.ico from Rockn...

Run C:\WINDOWS\FlyakiteOSX\Tools\System Files Updater.exe. Restart Windows.

Now everything is working right.

I'm considering writing a "patch" for Flyakite including a Leopard Visual Style and RocknGothAlien's icon pack. So you would install Flyakite first, then apply this patch (or maybe I can patch Flyakite but dunno if the installer is customizable / decompilable).

Edit

After having implemented exclusion list, I've just had this little surprise... AppleMinMax was skinning my Winamp! so I added it to the exclusion list... hahaha :P

1. Fixed title thing.

2. Changed font... I think I'm using Calibri now... can't remember. I'll make it customizable instead, so you will be able to select any font name / weight (normal, semibold, bold) / size.

Edit

Ok, posting from the iMac at work. Traffic lights behavior:

Window focused, no mouse over: color traffic lights.

Window unfocused, no mouse over: grayscale traffic lights.

Mouse over: color traffic lights and all three symbols (x - +) shown at the same time, the traffic lights are in color even if window is unfocused.

Mouse down: color traffic lights and all three symbols (x - +) shown at the same time. The symbol with mouse down has darkened background.

Here is a screenshot:

OpenOffice.orgScreenSnapz001.png

Could you make a separate exe for Windowblind user to place the window icon at the left of window caption?

You mean to use a WindowBlinds skin which already has buttons to the left, and make a program which puts window icon left side the window caption?

This is complicated because I don't know how to make WindowBlinds tell me where the window caption is (text position, left, center or right side of the window, margins, text width, etc...)

Anyway... isn't WindowBlinds paid software? What about making a feature request to StarDock? If many users make the same request, it's very probable they will implement it. ;)

What's with the SpiderPig.txt thing? :D haha

1. Fixed title thing.

2. Changed font... I think I'm using Calibri now... can't remember. I'll make it customizable instead, so you will be able to select any font name / weight (normal, semibold, bold) / size.

Edit

Ok, posting from the iMac at work. Traffic lights behavior:

Window focused, no mouse over: color traffic lights.

Window unfocused, no mouse over: grayscale traffic lights.

Mouse over: color traffic lights and all three symbols (x - +) shown at the same time, the traffic lights are in color even if window is unfocused.

Mouse down: color traffic lights and all three symbols (x - +) shown at the same time. The symbol with mouse down has darkened background.

Here is a screenshot:

Ah I thought so.. :) Would be great if you could implement this, I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Replaced file C:\WINDOWS\FlyakiteOSX\Resources\shell32.dll\4.ico with Default.ico from Rockn...

Usuallly when your view is "thumbnails" and there is a folder with files such as pictures in it, those files are "previewed" with an "icon" on the back. Does anyone know which icon is used to display the contents of a folder when the view is set to "thumbnails" ??

Edit: I took a screenshot to make it easier to understand.

folders.th.jpg

Left side is the one I wanna change (yellow folder behind thumbnails).

Edited by Impheatus
Usuallly when your view is "thumbnails" and there is a folder with files such as pictures in it, those files are "previewed" with an "icon" on the back. Does anyone know which icon is used to display the contents of a folder when the view is set to "thumbnails" ??

AFAIK it's the same icon, the 128x128 version of it.

Thx Matonga, I'll try modifying that one then.

Edit: Edited that icon but Flyakite's "System Files Updater" says there is nothing to change LOL.

Edit 2: Forced the update of files and you were right, icon 4.ico is the one that handles the "preview" THX!!

Edited by Impheatus