Apple Min/max

1. I have a problem with WinExpose here (was in all versions od AMM), the AMM bars are suggested as seperate windows (LeftbeClass) by WinExpose:

2. My PC won´t shut down or change user or anything like that, until I close the AppleMinMax from the taskbar and shut down again. Then it´s no problem.

EDIT: Added LeftbeClass to the Exclusionlist of WinExpose and works, but certainly the trafficlights are on the right now.

EDIT2: Forgot to say. Very promissing app.

neu-1m9d1.jpg

Edited by Björn
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet another thing... :P sorry about all the feature requests hey

In Leopard, when a window can't be maximised or minimized the button/icon stays there. With this app you removed it completely.

greyedout.png

top = leopard

bottom = Raats System Prefs

EDIT:

2. My PC won´t shut down or change user or anything like that, until I close the AppleMinMax from the taskbar and shut down again. Then it´s no problem.

I second the bug, I had this as well. I couldn't understand why it didnt shut off :lol:

btw bjorn, can you please thumbnail the screenshot or something? I'm having to load the thing every time I come on this page. :)

EDIT2: The font is looking better too, matonga!

Edited by yorkey
Would it be possible to skin itunes 8 with AMM? You added them by default to the exclusion list but if I delete them itunes still shows no effect. Is this due to beta state or is it not possible to skin apple apps?

iTunes and Safari need separate apps for skinning. In first place, this is because they use a theme different to any Windows Visual Style I know.

By now you have SafariMinMax for Safari... I hadn't enough time to write an iTunes one but maybe some time later... I can't promise it because I don't use iTunes myself, and I'm mostly after my career, my job and some freelancer projects now :( (say, I love to write freebies, but I need to eat too, hahaha, and I don't want to charge for these apps, I have even kindly rejected donation offers because of this, I hope you understand).

Mmm... newer version (to be published soon) uses different technique and seems to be more bullet-proof too. I'll ask you to check again, once after I upload it (probably between this afternoon and tomorrow).

In Leopard, when a window can't be maximised or minimized the button/icon stays there. With this app you removed it completely.

Yeah, right, hahaha. Just confirmed it here too :P . I'll fix this when I get home.

Yes, I´ll test it, But is it just me and yorkey? I´m on a standart XP SP3 pro here.

Oh one thing. With True transparency you get a 1px border around the windows. With AMM the border is wider (2px). Can you change this?

AMM:

ammyh9h.jpg

TT:

ttye1a.jpg

Edited by Björn

AMM doesn't put borders around the windows, it just modifies the titlebar (in effect, it puts another borderless window on top of the original titlebar). I can do nothing about the 1px border around windows. Maybe I'll implement this by the end of this year (if I get good results with my career in the mean time).

Edit

BTW just published newer version which should be more stable.

Also forgot to include Theme folder in previous versions, maybe people was getting access violation errors on startup because of this... :P

yeah yeah yeah ..almost almost :D :D .but stil some litte bug error in when u do delete some file on desktop it show pop up error. hope d first thing u update..tnx matonga!

Mmm... I'm unable to reproduce this. What Windows version, CPU speed, RAM amount, and hard disk capacity are you using? If you use Vista better tell me the rating of those too (trying to guess what's going wrong... AMM seems to have problems with both too slow and too fast PCs).

well after i leave to app running after like an hour or so i get a Microsoft error u know that annoying one that pops up when a app needs to close do u know the reason for this?

Yeah, app (I guess mine) did something really wrong and Windows decided to kill it before it compromises your computer, hard drive and data. If the app just shows Access violation error or such, it's not so difficult for me to try find the problem, but when things go this wrong altogether, I just don't know what's going on.

Whatever, I've been running AppleMinMax in both my desktop PC and notebook for hours and noticed no problem at all (though AppleMinMax doesn't let me shutdown the computer, as noticed by other people too, but I didn't have time to go deeper in that one yet).

But I´d like to have the button to show the menu. (If you use MacStylerBar)

Is this possible?

Maybe with some help of KSoft... it would require Mac OS KS Toolbar for Windows installed (or something like that, can't remember, had a complicated name).

Edit now I remember: "Mac Finder Toolbar for Windows". I'll contact KSoft and see what happens.