Stacks Docklet 2.0

Hello, Matonga.

First of all thanks for the Stacks Docklet.

Quick question for everyone.

Dragging and dropping into a stack works okay.

But the stack does not refresh after the drag and drop.

I have to restart RocketDock in order to see the changes in the stack.

Is this normal behavior for the 2009-04-02 release?

Also, maybe you could talk to the guys at http://www.codeplex.com/anolis.

To see if they are willing to give you some help or direction in extracting the Vista icons.

I've been playing with their resource editor Anolis for customizing shell32.dll.

It is a hell of a lot better than Resource Hacker.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Matonga.

First of all thanks for the Stacks Docklet.

Quick question for everyone.

Dragging and dropping into a stack works okay.

But the stack does not refresh after the drag and drop.

I have to restart RocketDock in order to see the changes in the stack.

Is this normal behavior for the 2009-04-02 release?

Yes it is the normal behavior. I think matonga intends to add a refresh option maybe into a context menu/ in the options. You can also re-pick out the folder of the stack for the icon to appear.

First you might heard this a million times but your docklet completely revolutionised my ObjectDock. I used a older version for a long time and just updated to this new release today, but I found I can't change the font style and size any more (I used size 9 Segoe UI just as the system), and can I change the icon size in grid docklet? If I open the docklet the grid's going to fill up my whole screen O.o

Ah sorry got the icon sizes alright now, but how can I change the font size and style?

Do not double post - use the edit function - mps69

First you might heard this a million times but your docklet completely revolutionised my ObjectDock. I used a older version for a long time and just updated to this new release today, but I found I can't change the font style and size any more (I used size 9 Segoe UI just as the system), and can I change the icon size in grid docklet? If I open the docklet the grid's going to fill up my whole screen O.o

Ah sorry got the icon sizes alright now, but how can I change the font size and style?

Currently matonga is rewriting the coding to C++ and trying stop the icon extraction from crashing in Vista. Matonga will release a new version later on in the year that has more features. Right now he's working on fixing stability issues. I imagine once all stabiliity issues and memory leak issues are fixed, he'll add more configuration changes. It's still a work in progress and not a final version yet.

I have a question, I'm a new Stack Docklet user, I have Vista x64, It's normal my RocketDock crash when I want to add Stack Docklet on my dock ?

With Stack Docklet 2.0 I have a crash, but 1.0 version work perfectly.

Try this and tell me if anything changes.

1. Make a new folder

2. Put a shortcut to any program in the folder, just one shortcut.

3. Download a high quality icon set from deviantart.com (eclipse 2)

4. Right click the shortcut and change the icon to an eclipse or other icon you get from deviantart.com

5. Now try using the stack on that new folder, does it crash

Two minor thingies coming after trying a few minutes (I guess I just stop before... :P)

0. Add two stacks to your dock. (i.c. RocketDock)

1. Click on one stack, to open up the grid, then alt-click on the base from the stack again... As it should be, preferences open up, but the icon will not change back to the standard one... (I was reading the whole dialog up here, had to test this alt-click thing, now here I am :P)

2. Change the settings from a stack to make some reflection... Restart the dock, everything goes fine, for both docks reflection is on! So far, so good. Click the stack again, to change the settings back to no reflection, and only the icon on which you clicked will remove reflection, although the other icon will give back the same settings. The thing here is: or the preferences are for all stacks the same, which would make it understandable to give a warning, and restart the dock after changing, or you can change it on a per-stack basis, and then sth is really going wrong!

Btw: I'm running this beauty on Vista, and I like it a lot! You don't have to support it, as long as it works for me :P Nice work, love it, really love it!

And to all the people out there complaining: big icons is just the way it works, live with it, or go on with your search for an affordable and nice looking docklet like this ;) *mumbles* Windows users, always the same, they don't have stacks, complaining, they get stacks, still complaining... :P

Anyone knows where matonga updates first? The stack docklet is featured on several forums, not to mention deviantART. I like to know updates first-hand, is Aqua-Soft the main forum for updates?

Anyhow want to ask when can I use .ico files as icons? Now I can only use .pngs, and this created some problems for me.

I love this docklet. I have a problem, though. I just moved to the 2.0 release, and I have a top-positioned Rocketdock. When I want stacks to display in fan view, the fan still goes to the top, and I can't see any thing. This didn't happen with the previous release. I don't have a screenshot, b/c you can't see anything, but I can see the little "5 more" icon floating past the top of the screen. It's not a huge problem, I just think fan view is pertty ^-^ Is there any way I can fix it, or do I have to wait for the next release? Thanks.

Stacks library does not yet support top-positioned fans, you should wait for an updated version.

I love this docklet. I have a problem, though. I just moved to the 2.0 release, and I have a top-positioned Rocketdock. When I want stacks to display in fan view, the fan still goes to the top, and I can't see any thing. This didn't happen with the previous release. I don't have a screenshot, b/c you can't see anything, but I can see the little "5 more" icon floating past the top of the screen. It's not a huge problem, I just think fan view is pertty ^-^ Is there any way I can fix it, or do I have to wait for the next release? Thanks.

Hi, I have RKLauncher and StackDocklet almost work Almost because the only shotcut I can add to dock is "My Computer" I've Vista and the Add Item on RKLauncher doesn't work for me.

So - how can I add for eg. Documents or Pictures to my Dock? I'm pretty new on all of this so please be patience

EDIT --> I figiured it out :) Thank you...

Edited by Lita
FR: Double-click icon = "open folder" command

I second this, but I imagine it would be a little difficult to implement: It would require setting up an allowable, user-defined time frame in which the 2 clicks are made for it to trigger the open folder command. As it is, there is no time delay after the first click so it might be kind of strange to have a delay when you just want to view the contents.

So I have what I wanted :) and thank you very uch ... But I have another question:

When the RK is launching I have alerts like "Party already exist" It comes nine times - as many as I have Staks Doklets. Is it possible to terminate those alerts? It's pretty annoying.

So I have what I wanted :) and thank you very uch ... But I have another question:

When the RK is launching I have alerts like "Party already exist" It comes nine times - as many as I have Staks Doklets. Is it possible to terminate those alerts? It's pretty annoying.

Not sure if you've done this but rename the stacks .dll files one thro' to nine (StackDocklet_1.dll) or for each stacks docklet you have within RKL.

Good luck

Not sure if you've done this but rename the stacks .dll files one thro' to nine (StackDocklet_1.dll) or for each stacks docklet you have within RKL.

Good luck

Thank you very much :) I didnt't do it and that was a problem. Now it works great :D

EDIT --> Since I use some docklets that are not compatible with RKL I made an aditional Dock with OD. And I tried to add a Stack Docklet to it but after I put it in Program Files/Stardock/ObjectDesktop/ObjectDock/Docklets the OD doesn't see it... And I can't add it to dock. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Lita

I have no idea why but just so you know Matonga, SD 2.0 doesn't crash ObjectDock under Windows 7 RC (32-bit). I installed Windows 7 8 days ago and I use the same icons and same programs but it hasn't crashed once. In Vista 32-bit it would crash, what seemed to me, randomly whenever I tried to run OD (though moving the mouse while OD loaded seemed to reduce the crash frequency a lot!?!?!).

Edited by apex84

Bugs I found (Using ObjectDock 1.9, Windows Vista), I don't know if they were mentioned before:

Hidden Folder Error:

Selecting folders inside a hidden folder works but error occurs when disabling "show hidden files & folders" or restarting ObjectDock, causes crashes sometimes.

Stack Selection Error:

Select Stack A then select Stack B, choose an Item -> Dock Freezes, you have to drag an item to unfreeze the dock.

Icon Error:

File icons (not folders) look really bad although they are high res. icons.

No Items Refresh Error:

When folder items are modified, the stack stays the same, I wish there will be a "refresh stack" option in the context menu instead of re-changing the folder path.

I liked these dropped features & I hope they will be re-implemented.

*.ico Support

Follow dock function

Thanks matonga for this wonderful docklet, please update it more frequently...

Edited by Bringo
Hi all,

@aeonslayer :

StandaloneStack 2, based on Matonga library will be released very soon,i hope monday 1st. ;)

Wow! That is excellent news! Like, the best I have heard all month!

Excellent piece of software, if I knew how to code a bit better, I'd offer my help, but then, I'm still just learning C/C++ really...

Anyway, great work Matonga and Chris'n'Soft!

Thanks guys, I will stay tuned to the forum for news of release.

- AeonSlayer / Simon

Done !

StandaloneStack 2 is released !

StandaloneStack 2 ( i've just modified my old page :rolleyes: )

New :

- Base on new stack library from Matonga

- Better customization dialog.

- Special folder ( for now, no control panel for windows XP, sorry )

- Video preview with "animation" (.AVI )

- Folder navigation in stack ( hold CTRL key to enter in folder - but no go back)

- Image loading in background