Stacks Docklet 2.0

I recently started using Stack Docklet 2. But every time, after I try to create a Stack Docklet 2 stack, this error message appears, and RocketDock crashes and ceases to be functional till I remove the entire Stack Docklet 2:

The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, RocketDock.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody, and Matonga :D

I've started using RocketDock with StackDocklet, this is wonderful, thanks a lot !

There's something I'd like to ask : would it be possible to add an option to open the stack, not when you click on it, but when the mouse hovers around the stack icon ? It would be great if possible.

Thanks

ElBaquero

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all thanks to matonga for releasing such an awesome app, i'm using it since version 1...

However, i moved to Win7 32 bits a month ago, and i'm having hard times with RocketDock, last night was the 4 time it crashed baddly, when i started the system it gave me an error like "RD failed to load your icons last time, would you like to load default icons" or something like that, and there's nothing i can do to save my current config so, i have to do it all over again.

Don't know if this bug is related to RD or to the stack itself, but something strange i noticed is, the last time i was using this computer (before it crashed last night) the label of the stack was just a long string of random characters, when it was supposed to be the name of the folder assigned to it.

I'm posting this just to know if anybody is having issues like this, and if there's anything i can do to save my current configuration so i can load it if this happens again.

ciao...

EDIT: forgot to mention, im using RD 1.3.5 and Win7 Ultimate 32 bits.

Edited by sidgallup

Mode		 Closed				Open
---- ------ ----
No icon First three items Arrow-down icon
Stack icon Stack icon Arrow-down icon
Box overlay Box + first 3 items Box + arrow-down icon

im using windows 7, latest rocketdock build and stacks docklet 2.0 and Stack icon & Box overlay dont work for me there is just no icon shown at all.

any suggestions?

tia

blake

I recently started using Stack Docklet 2. But every time, after I try to create a Stack Docklet 2 stack, this error message appears, and RocketDock crashes and ceases to be functional till I remove the entire Stack Docklet 2:

The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, RocketDock.

For everyone who has been having crashes with RocketDock - your user account needs to be given write permission for the RocketDock\Docklets directory.

Stacks docklet (both version 1 and 2) will attempt to create Settings.ini in that directory when you add your first docklet. If Settings.ini is not present and HKCU\Software\RocketDock contains a reference to a stack docklet when RocketDock starts, RocketDock will crash.

Hey, Matonga - first of all, thanks for all of your hard work.

I just installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (the final release straight from Microsoft). I got it early for the HouseParty thing they have going on. Anyways, I tried to use your Stacks Docklet and version 1 gives me a problem where the settings and icons are not saved after restarting the computer or restarting RocketDock. Version 2.0 gives me a problem where it will work fine when I first make the docklet, but if I close RocketDock, it keeps crashing when I want to start it again and I am forced to reset all the icons back to the default icons RocketDock displays when you first install it.

Are you aware of this issue and what's your progress on fixing it?

Thanks again,

Waqas

Hello.

I'm glad to jion this forum.

I use Win XP Sp3 & downloaded both Stacks Docklet & Stacks Docklet 2.0 .

Is it possible to make the docklet scrollable ? It means when the content of a folder is more than 5-6 elements , and the object "%d more..." is shown , if the object (icon) is clicked , the folder is opened . I want it so the other elements will be shown on the docklet , not in the explorer .

Sorry for lack of english .

Thanks for the stacks docklet, I've been using an old version in RKLauncher for ages now, I thought I'd give ObjectDock another go recently, and thusly this new version but I think as I'm using win 7 x64 I'm getting some bugs on the fan view at the top, instead of popping down, it pops up and out of the screen, if you need a tester for this platform don't hesitate to ask. For now I'm happy enough with RKLauncher.

Hello,

i am new here & I am using first version of stack docklet (it works well)

But when I try version 2.0 it just crash rocketdock or objectdock plus when i add the docklet.

I have windows vista sp2

Thank you for the help

enotar

Edited by enotar

Uhm..Hi (:

I dont know if this thread is still active, but i'll leave a quick reply anyway.

First of all: I love your StackDocklet.

But it doesnt work too well with "RocketDock" (1.3.5) and Win Vista (Ultimate).

In fact, RockedDock crashes when I used your Docklet and restarted the Dock (i.e. bc of a reboot)

Thats really sad bc your docklet would really rock my rocketdock ;D

I know this is prebeta release but i wanned to tell u anyway (:

keep up the good work!

khaos.

No, it doesn't work. It links to the automated installer, which appears to be broken, or atleast which doesn't work anymore :S Anyone know where to get the .zip version?

I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing as this one that was posted.

http://rocketdock.com/addon/docklets/22757

RK Launcher is definitely not working with it. Both the stable 0.4 and the beta 0.41 aren't.

Edited by a5o
I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing as this one that was posted.

http://rocketdock.com/addon/docklets/22757

RK Launcher is definitely not working with it. Both the stable 0.4 and the beta 0.41 aren't.

No, thats exactly what's not working... The installer doesn't work anymore, because the download links are broken. What im looking for is the zipped file. Could anyone that has it upload it somewhere please?

Thanks