Stacks Docklet 2.0

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks alot :D

Ok, i had another crash with Rocket Dock so i'm moving to ObjectDock, however i don't know how to add this docklet into it, i put the stacks folder into C:program files> stardock> objectdock> docklets but it doesn't appear in the docklets list, any help really appreciated...

EDIT: Nevermind, i was missing the stacklib.dll... working now, let's see for how long...

Edited by sidgallup
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

quite confused which release is last.... tried to download couple ;-)

Would it be possible (optionally) to use ObjectDock BaseAppImages.ini defined icons instead of normal application icons ?

also latest build is missing icon size adjust property, is it possible to enlarge icons in grid somehow ?

(I use this plugin on very tiny touchscreen device (UMID M1) and I need larger icons)

regards from Praue

Adam

Hi,

quite confused which release is last.... tried to download couple ;-)

Would it be possible (optionally) to use ObjectDock BaseAppImages.ini defined icons instead of normal application icons ?

also latest build is missing icon size adjust property, is it possible to enlarge icons in grid somehow ?

(I use this plugin on very tiny touchscreen device (UMID M1) and I need larger icons)

regards from Praue

Adam

Use the standalone stack 2 found in the Application Releases thread.

Hi,

Trying to use a stack docklet it is opening and at the same time it is closing. So i can not use it. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

gr, Ton

That happens to me occasionally. I don't know what causes it but if I restart my dock it usually resolves it.

Sorry it is not a fix...but a possible work around.

hello

i installed stack docklet 2.0 for windows 7 64 bit

i use the dock, on my top of the display, i cange the icons and use the opening of the stacks as fan, and i need the fan opening down, but it open up

stack.png

and i had some files in my folders , but if dont show me,

and in other folder , i had some files and i erase it , the dock show me the erased files, i can make the folder empty , but the dock show me files

but i need it down , and it lose the icon if i klick on it, i klick back on the desktop the icons came back

sorry for my bad english

with regards

sushi

Edited by sushiman

idk if this was mentioned earlier, but can you possible make an update where there can be a picture when it is closed, then when it opens have the box with the down arrow? so if its not open and it is a document stack it could be a documents folder icon and then when you click on it there would be the arrow down thing. More like in Mac OS X...

@sushiman

to keep the icon, go to \Program Files\RocketDock\Docklets\StackDocklet2.0\ and either rename or delete Stack.png. Then, when you click on your stackdocklet, its icon will not change to the arrow.

Also, it is true that stacks do not dynamically update contents. Matonga said he would work on having that fixed in a later release... but who knows if that will really happen.

Same for the stacks opening upwards. Hopefully that will be fixed.

hi

thx for help

ok i wait for that release,

but i use windows 7 64 bit with the last rocket dock release, and i turn off my computer rocket dock cashes, and lose all my configs , and stack docklet configs , path and icons, and at the next pc start, rocket dock will load default

@Vistapple

ich can make you a video

with regards

Edited by sushiman
hi

thx for help

ok i wait for that release,

but i use windows 7 64 bit with the last rocket dock release, and i turn off my computer rocket dock cashes, and lose all my configs , and stack docklet configs , path and icons, and at the next pc start, rocket dock will load default

@Vistapple

ich can make you a video

with regards

For now use standalonestack2 to get the fix with the rocketdock crashing.

• 2 weeks later...
the standalonestack2 had no support for windows seven 64bit

Please read the documented problems before posting. Did you try this:

Problem:

x64 version of win 7

two Program Files folder. One for 64bit apps and one for 32bit apps. standalonestack gives error messages when I try to open a 64bit program over standalonestack 2:

---------------------

"Path to Shortcut"

The specified path does not exist.

Check the path, and then try again.

--------------------

For 32bit apps it works perfect

Temporary Fix

1. create a folder somewhere on your disk.

2. hold down shift on that folder, right-click and select open command window here.

3. type: mklink /D foldernameyoucreate "full path to original folder in quotes"

example: i created a folder called x64Fix on my disk to hold all my symbolic links for the apps that aren't working. i created my symbolic link inside of it like so (using photoshop as an example):

C:\x64Fix>mklink /D Photoshop "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)"

4. verify message that symbolic link was created (you should also see a shortcut arrow on the Photoshop folder).

5. You should then have a folder path like C:\x64Fix\Photoshop

6. Create your shortcut for the jumplist from C:\x64Fix\Photoshop folder path to the exe rather than the real path.

so, instead of your shortcut being:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe"

it will be

"C:\x64Fix\Photoshop\Photoshop.exe"

also note, if you edit the shortcut you already have, make sure you change the icon and start in path to match the new path.

just so you know (if you don't), symbolic links are essentially shortcuts that windows manages. to get rid of the symbolic link, just delete the folder you created.

Note: This problem is not a standalonestack problem because the stack.lib is for 32bit apps and Christian has to wait until Matonga fixes the stack.lib.

Edited by scissorhands7
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm having a problem too and was wondering if anyone could help. By the way, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and stacks 2.0 works perfectly except one thing: When I reboot my PC or the next time I login/turn it on, the destination for my stack 2.o docklet goes back to My Documents or sometimes a question mark with some folders in it.

How can I get it to stay in the directory I specifiy when rocketdock/object dock starts(it happens in both). Other than that, my docks don't crash or anything, please help!

Hey guys I'm having a problem too and was wondering if anyone could help. By the way, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and stacks 2.0 works perfectly except one thing: When I reboot my PC or the next time I login/turn it on, the destination for my stack 2.o docklet goes back to My Documents or sometimes a question mark with some folders in it.

How can I get it to stay in the directory I specifiy when rocketdock/object dock starts(it happens in both). Other than that, my docks don't crash or anything, please help!

Try using Standalone Stack 2.0 for your dock, does this have the same issues?

Since it looks like Matonga won't be coming back anytime soon, is anyone talented enough to modify Stacks Docklet 2.0 such that folder contents are reloaded every time a folder is viewed? Right now, any changes made to any Stacks folder contents will not be updated until the next time RocketDock is loaded.

I know, StandaloneStack 2 already does this, but I have tried Standalone Stack 2 and just don't like the way the stacks behave as much as Matonga's.