[release] Itunes 4 For Windows Media Player 9

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the text on the playlist area dont fit in properly with the lines. some text r half on white n half on blue. is there a workaround for it?

edit: my source n browse fonts r bold n the playlist isnt. how do i fix that too?

n cud u guys post the different backgrounds ur using :D

im surprised that the play count feature is still there in wmp9 coz it doesnt show in the media library. i really missed it. since we can see it in this skin, how do we make it show up in the media library?? i searched the default skin .wms but couldnt find it. :(

hey devil in disquise, have you tried the alt versions of the skin that come in the 1.1a package. That should fix your problem with the line size, as its a font issue and the alt version just uses the same font but renamed so it won't conflict with one that may already be on your comp.

i think the bold fonts issue was covered furthered back in the thread, and there is one bg posted. good luck :canadian:

Originally posted by ЀVÌ£ Ïñ Ðì§gû燎@Sep 20 2003, 01:32 AM

im surprised that the play count feature is still there in wmp9 coz it doesnt show in the media library. i really missed it. since we can see it in this skin, how do we make it show up in the media library?? i searched the default skin .wms but couldnt find it. :(

:rolleyes: is this what ur looking for?

http://photos.gznet.com/photos/1172975/117...-Zs8mHORIPB.jpg

i did that as Quaff said:

open up iTunes.wms and search up "columns"

and the line you find should look like this:

columns = "OriginalIndex=#;name=Song Name;duration=Time;artist=Artist;album=Album;Genre=Genre"

i altered mine to look like this:

columns = "artist=Artist;name=Song Name;album=Album;duration=Time;bitrate=Bit Rate;"

and i made that line like this:

columns = "OriginalIndex=#;artist=Artist;name=Song Name;album=Album;duration=Time;bitrate=Bit Rate;playcount=Play Count;Genre=Genre;"

Check it out :own:

the "3 days" display must be a WMP stuff. I didnt edit anything. the play time shows up as default and perhaps when the time is over 24 hrs it changes into "days" automatically, or it'd be stupid to show "72 hrs /xx min" ;)

I remember the play time feature is a default in WMP9, maybe u can check it out in full mode, DM.

The "[Number] days" text is something I coded... There's about 100 lines devoted to different ways of displaying it.

If you've edited the .wms or .js files in any way, you may have broken this.

There's a very good reason this has taken me 3 months to get working as well as it does...

If it doesn't work with a completely unmodified version of the skin, then I'll look into it.

Originally posted by ЀVÌ£ Ïñ Ðì§gû燎@Sep 20 2003, 02:32 AM

the text on the playlist area dont fit in properly with the lines. some text r half on white n half on blue. is there a workaround for it?

edit: my source n browse fonts r bold n the playlist isnt. how do i fix that too?

n cud u guys post the different backgrounds ur using :D

The workaround for your first problem is to move the included playlistback.bmp into one of the Alt skins.

Your second problem is caused because you haven't set your icon font to the same font as the rest of the skin.

The third comment - why bother? The background I included should fit all the other fonts, unless you're using some huge font for accessibility reasons...

The play count feature isn't there in WMP9 - I coded it myself.

I don't mean to be rude, but maybe soon, you'll all come to realise just how much work has gone into this - I've created features which don't exist in WMP9, and solved problems which haven't been solved before (including by Microsoft themselves).

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 20 2003, 09:17 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but maybe soon, you'll all come to realise just how much work has gone into this - I've created features which don't exist in WMP9, and solved problems which haven't been solved before (including by Microsoft themselves).

(Y) That's why this thread is so popular. it's coming to page 17 now.

really apreciated. :bow:

is there anything else i can edit apart from the bitrate/playcount lines? i'm not any kinda programmer/coder anyway...just a curious college student... :baby:

Originally posted by localhost@Sep 20 2003, 11:35 AM

exactly :D

but how do i add it? :blink:

[EDIT]

sorry for not reading the whole thread :shy:

i did it, its great :D

thanks!

[/EDIT]

:lol: better late than never.

actually, i didnt finish the play count skin 'cos i dont have WinZip. When i tried to use RAR to rezip it, the whole skin turned out to be a mess.

:shy: now googling for win zip...

Originally posted by realitybath@Sep 20 2003, 08:28 AM

hey devil in disquise, have you tried the alt versions of the skin that come in the 1.1a package.  That should fix your problem with the line size, as its a font issue and the alt version just uses the same font but renamed so it won't conflict with one that may already be on your comp. 

i think the bold fonts issue was covered furthered back in the thread, and there is one bg posted.  good luck :canadian:

yea i tried the alt versions but they dont make any difference.

but yes i got the text to fit well with the lines thanx to the bg posted :)

thanx for telling me that there was a bg posted coz i read the thread from page 6.

but the source n browse fonts r still different from the playlist fonts. wanna get that fixed.

steve i posted this in neowin too abt the open file thing. that it doesnt open multiple files. only the last song selected shows up on the playlist n doesnt start by itself too.

another prob with the open file is if u dont select any song n cancel the open file window the song currently playing stops. does anyone else have this prob too? :unsure:

@ joleluv - i have the playcount shown on this skin but want to know how to get it to show up in the default skin media library.

cud we have vertical lines like in the playlist in this image

blue%20tunes%20copy.jpg

looks a lot more cleaner n organised that way. :D

ive noticed that this skin takes aloot of VM n it really makes my comp slow. wmp uses 25MB VM n another 70 MB extra VM when using the skin. VM increases by 30 -35 MB when i go to the skin chooser n only click on the skin to preview it in the skin chooser n VM increases by another 35 MB when i apply it. VM doesnt increase when i click or apply any other wmp skins including the 2 wmp itunes skins here :

http://www.customize.org/details/23553

http://www.active-outdoors.co.uk/itunesv2.wmz

thread : http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/index.php?s...topic=2961&st=0

Originally posted by ЀVÌ£ Ïñ Ðì§gû燎@Sep 20 2003, 02:32 AM

1.  all the skins already have the playistback.bmp

2. ive tried lucida grande size 8 bold n normal n both dont fit in well with the lines.

what am i supposed to set the icon font too? n i think this is the part here which u havent done very well in ur skin. we r made to change somthing which we usually dont or should i say never change.  this is the first time ive ever done this n have to keep it that way just so the font fits in the playlist well. cant u code it properly so that we dont have to change the whole systems icon font just for this skin. steve i seriously dont like this part. secondly if the source n browse r using the same font or size or whatever y couldnt u make it that the playlist also does the same without us having to change the way the system is. i dont like the part that we have to go around changing the way the system looks just so the skin looks proper.

well the only other not so good solution here i can think of is make the lines in the playlistback.bmp a little smaller so that the text fit in properly but there wud still be the difference between the browse n source font compared to the playlist.

3. no im not using huge fonts for accessibility reasons. I have never changed my icon font.

4. ok u must have coded it so that we can see the play count but didnt add the feature coz its not counting the times i have played the song after applying ur skin but it has even counted how many times ive played it before. so i think the feature was already there but it just wasnt shown in the media library.

Look man, stevie has done the absolute best he could with this skin. WMP's skinning engine sucks big time and half of the issues you mention arnt stevies fault at all. The lines dont line up unless your using Lucida Grande size 8 as the system font. I made it behave that way because thats the font we included. There is no way to make it line up unless you edit the bmp for each font, because different fonts have different sizes.

As for the playcount, thats WMP's code, not stevies. If it doesnt work when edited in, thats completely WMP's fault because half of the headers you 'can' add dont work right.

For Everyone:

Stop running your mouths unless you know whats involved. Alot of you are giving Stevie a hard time over things which he has NO control over. If something doesnt seem to be working right, add a polite note about it, but don't start blamming him or demanding things be fixed etc... Common sense people.

Chris

@ binary - no doubt steve here has given his best. but he cud have done things which cud have made it better. eg: playlist font is normal whereas the source n browse font r bold n many ppl have this prob. n it hogs a lot of VM (which is the main prob for me now. the font prob only steals the looks a little but this is making the comp very slow. so if steve cud make a lite version without so much of the alpha blending n transperancies like the other itune skins, this skin wud rock :who's your daddy: not that it doesnt rock already :D coz like i said it takes up 35MB VM when just viewing the skin in the skin chooser n another 35 more when applying it.) compared to any other skins of wmp including the previous itunes skins too which hardly use any VM. other than that gr8 skin (Y)

n as for the wmp play count thing. who said it doesnt work when edited in the skin? :blink: i said it doesnt show up in the media library of the default skin n wanted to know how to get it show up there. all the headers added to the skin work fine :D

n as for the coding part as steve said here

i just said ok he must have coded it so we cud see it in his skin by just adding the "playcount= Play Count;" to the column line n that the playcount feature was already there in wmp coz when using the skin it shows me how many times ive played it even before applying the skin. so i wanted to know how to get it to show in the default skin media library coz wmp was already keeping track of the playcount but its just not shown in the media library of the default skin