[release] Itunes 4 For Windows Media Player 9

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 27 2003, 10:48 AM

WMP? A pile of crap?

I have to disagree - WMP is (in my opinion) the best media player out there...

I've had no problems with WMP retrieving album art for my media automatically, and it's easy enough to add art to those tracks that don't already have art...

If you could clarify why WMP is "a pile of crap", then maybe someone could give you specific help...

I, for example, have been using WMP9 happily since it's beta.  I'd rather use it than any other media player iTunes skin or no... :6

I think WMP isnt the best player out there, and it isnt the worst. But I find it too dominant, it wants to take over my computer. Oh and when I apply the patch for the stars and open WMP the patch has seemed to work. But when I close WMP and open it again it has reverted back to those ugly yellow stars.

I dont hate WMP coz I cant find a simple way of adding album art, I hate it coz it just sucks. I preffered WMP 8. I think WMP 9 is sh##e. Does your skin work on WMP 8 :rolleyes:

Sky

For play count, how do i add on the itunes skin? I tried that "right click on tabs and choose play count" method, but it only added it to the full mode window, not the skin. So then i went to edit the itunesOSX.wms by adding "...UserRating=Rating; PlayCount=Play Count". Now the 'PlayCount=" is probably the wrong code, but what is the right code? :blink:

oh and one quick question, when you right click in skin mode, anywhere you right click will always give you the same context menu right?

Originally posted by skyliner34@Sep 27 2003, 09:20 PM

I think WMP isnt the best player out there, and it isnt the worst. But I find it too dominant, it wants to take over my computer. Oh and when I apply the patch for the stars and open WMP the patch has seemed to work. But when I close WMP and open it again it has reverted back to those ugly yellow stars.

I dont hate WMP coz I cant find a simple way of adding album art, I hate it coz it just sucks. I preffered WMP 8. I think WMP 9 is sh##e. Does your skin work on WMP 8 :rolleyes:

Sky

The reason the stars revert to yellow is because you need to patch the copy in your dllcache too...

As for WMP8 versus WMP9, I guess it's a matter of opinion... I'm not sure that WMP9 is worse, personally, but y'know, if that's what you think :)

Oh, and it may work with WMP8, but if it doesn't, then it's unsupported anyways ;)

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 27 2003, 10:09 PM

The reason the stars revert to yellow is because you need to patch the copy in your dllcache too...

As for WMP8 versus WMP9, I guess it's a matter of opinion... I'm not sure that WMP9 is worse, personally, but y'know, if that's what you think :)

Oh, and it may work with WMP8, but if it doesn't, then it's unsupported anyways  ;)

Thanks Steve BM. Ok how do I add album art to my songs. I can get the cover to show up on the full view. But it doesent show anything in the iTunes skin only that default WMP blue background with a music note.

Sky

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 27 2003, 10:55 AM

Ok guys, I've found a small bug in my skin  <_<

You may have noticed that when you switch tracks, the browse panes flicker and lose your selections.

First of all: Your Skin changed my life :own:

Now for the update: The old version didn't remember the size of the window when closed... The new does - thats great.

Stars: great.

But the bug you posted turns out on my install even worse: after rating a few songs via the new Stars, the browse panes start to flicker, turn complete white - and stay in that condition - with 100% CPU usage!

I have 1.500 files in my library, and till this is fixed I have to stick with your first Version

:cry:

Originally posted by rstockm@Sep 28 2003, 10:53 PM

First of all: Your Skin changed my life  :own:

Now for the update:  The old version didn't remember the size of the window when closed... The new does - thats great.

Stars: great.

But the bug you posted turns out on my install even worse: after rating a few songs via the new Stars, the browse panes start to flicker, turn complete white - and stay in that condition - with 100% CPU usage!

I have 1.500 files in my library, and till this is fixed I have to stick with your first Version

:cry:

Only 1500?

I've got about 4000+ in mine :6

I'm afriad that the problem isn't going to be fixed any time within the next week - I'm incredibly busy with uni work at the moment, and I don't have time for much else :blink:

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 28 2003, 10:29 PM

I'm afriad that the problem isn't going to be fixed any time within the next week - I'm incredibly busy with uni work at the moment, and I don't have time for much else

Never mind - except the resize problem the previous version works fine for me. Is there a way to "self fix" the size-issue within the old files? Like the modded Playcount collums?

Ok guys, to fix the "flickering browse panes", as a short term solution, you can turn off the auto-update... All this means is that the browse panes won't be refreshed unless you switch skin modes or go to full mode and back...

Anyway, here's how:

1) Rename iTunes.wmz to iTunes.zip (or OSX version, whatever)

2) Extract iTunesMain.js from the iTunes.zip

3) Search for "MediaChange" (without quotes). It should be at ~ line 172.

4) The lines should read:

function MediaChange(Item)
{
   RefreshGenres();
   RefreshArtists();
   RefreshAlbums();
}

Change this to:

function MediaChange(Item)
{
   //RefreshGenres();
   //RefreshArtists();
   //RefreshAlbums();
}

5) Save the iTunesMain.js

6) Re-add the file to the iTunes.zip

7) Rename iTunes.zip to iTunes.wmz

8) Load the iTunes.wmz

That should fix it, in the short term, until I can find a way to make it only update when it needs to...

Originally posted by wizard@Oct 1 2003, 09:20 PM

I must be really losing it because I cannot find the function MediaChange in the iTunesMain.js at all. All I could find is the CDMediaChange! Is this function only in the updated skin?

It's only in the latest version of the skin...

It's easier to explain how to take that problem out than fix everything else ;)