[release] Itunes 4 For Windows Media Player 9

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by wizard@Oct 2 2003, 06:56 PM

Yeah, my WMP9 is also doing it but with Windows Classic skin, so it's not the skin itself, but another problem. Maybe another bug in WMP9.

Lol i never said it was the skin.. i'm just wondering if anyone found a way to fix it

i tried to delete the "Corporate" skin.. but it won't let me.. ugh

too bad i can't have Stevie's skin as my default skin ahah

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Oct 4 2003, 12:38 PM

The reason for this is that visual styles can load a WMP skin, if the VS developer chooses to set it that way.  If you don't set a WMP skin, though, it just goes to the default one...

Wow, so easily to recognize it once it's explained to you. :nuts:

Originally posted by wizard@Oct 1 2003, 08:20 PM

I must be really losing it because I cannot find the function MediaChange() in the iTunesMain.js at all. All I could find is the CdromMediaChange()! Is this function only in the updated skin?

:rolleyes: just the line under. i did a ctrl+F search, and the line showed up.

this fix DOES work! and the skin works faster, without doubt ;) sweeeeet...

Hey Binary, you deal with the fonts right?

Theres something weird about my WMPItunes font, the character "]" looks like its missing pixels or something (see my screenshot for a better description), is it just me? or do you or anyone else get it too? Just curious :D

post-4243-1065609858_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Kurt871@Oct 8 2003, 04:48 PM

Hey, do any one else's fonts look like this? I'm using the newest version of the iTunesOSX varient. Any ideas on how I can make it look the DeviantArt screenshot?

iTunes_Problem.jpg

It's because your font size is too large. I forget what the size needs to be to look acurate, but it's in the thread somewhere. Also, if you want to have these large fonts, somewhere, also in this thread, Stevie put a larger cell background so you can modify it yourself. It's like that because of the limitations in WMP, it's not Stevie's fault.

found a small, very very small and tiny bug, have a look at the picture...

ok, after reading my post, I decided to be more detailed: the (how do we call them? "glyphs"?) "+", "-" or "x" respectively should all be visible at the same time, but they aren't if you do what I describe in the picture. only after hovering around on the bulbs the other signs become visible.

btw: is there a function which cleans the media library? while trying the skin and playing around with WMP I found that there are TOO MANY dead files in the library, this sucks. so, what about auto-clean-the-library-feature?

post-4904-1065674834_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by schaggo@Oct 9 2003, 05:46 AM

found a small, very very small and tiny bug, have a look at the picture...

ok, after reading my post, I decided to be more detailed: the (how do we call them? "glyphs"?) "+", "-" or "x" respectively should all be visible at the same time, but they aren't if you do what I describe in the picture. only after hovering around on the bulbs the other signs become visible.

btw: is there a function which cleans the media library? while trying the skin and playing around with WMP I found that there are TOO MANY dead files in the library, this sucks. so, what about auto-clean-the-library-feature?

I know about this problem, and it's a difficult one to fix - the "hover cluster" is actually two objects within the skin, and so they they occassionally block one another's execution of the mouse over event. This, unfortunately, is a pig to fix, and I don't have the time.

If I can get it sorted when I have time, I'll post the fix.

Originally posted by start@Oct 10 2003, 12:34 AM

can someone email me the right font please?  :(

I don't think so, and do you know why? stop asking, start looking...

I read through the 37 pages and I know where to find the fonts: INSIDE THE PACKAGE!

what's wrong with you all? why does it give such a pain in the ass looking yourself for informations? I don't know, how many threads are out there "is there some milk?" or "where to find milk stuff?" and so on, endless... please all you out there: stop asking, start looking, there is a search function implemented in this forum! argh... someday I will freak out and shoot you all! :rant:

btw: have a look at that rant smiley, it calms you down after looking a while, sooooo funny... :D

Originally posted by start@Oct 9 2003, 11:34 PM

Its looking fantastic! All working here, but this font is annoying me.

I've installed the fonts, i've the two LucidaGrande installed, the TTF one and the PFM one, but it still not working for me, can someone email me the right font please?  :(

If you had followed the development, you'd see that the latest version doesn't use "LucidaGrande.pfm" any more. It uses the same font, but renamed to "WMPiTunes", which is included in the file in various formats.

RTFM! :rant:

Also, I'm not surprised the .pfm font didn't work if you've got the TTF installed too - did you not read the whole thing where Three Drives and I were discussing fonts?

Oh, and did you not read my post saying Don't ask stupid questions, or I'll consider myself well within my rights to moan at you?

But then, whenever I think someone's asked a stupid question, I remember this:

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people"