[release] Itunes 4 For Windows Media Player 9

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you complaining about font issues/looks...

You can open the wmz file with winzip, and edit the .wms file. Just search for all instances of "LucidaGrande" and change it to "Lucida Grande" or any other font you may have, then save and update the wmz. Only reason I stuck with this font is because I made the playlist bars line up with it, and it doesnt with others, and thats a pain.

The current font looks fine at 8 point and I dont use OS X themes so it only shows up on the player, desktop, and toolbars which is fine by me ;)

If anyone is willing to do a REAL port of LG we'd certainly include it I'm sure. (I'm sure it's as easy as opeing LG in OS X in fontlab and saving it as a fontlab file then import it into fontlab for windows and generate the font... I may be wrong though.

Chris

Originally posted by hispanicboy@Sep 17 2003, 10:52 PM

is anyone else having trouble getting thier genra / artist / album info into the appropriate boxes?

also my "info" screen has gibborish in it. any takers?

other than that i am very excited :)

:blink:

That's a pre-release version, hence the gibberish...

Either that, or you've done something really odd...

As for the genre pane disappearing, that's a known bug in WMP (and they've said it won't be fixed in the WMP9 timeframe) - try clicking where it should be to bring it back...

I just looked at your screenie again... The skin doesn't seem to be filling in your artist and album panes either... Just where did you get that?

Great release man I love it!

Fially, I had about 4 different itunes skins for wmp, at last the definitive one arrives, thank you man.

As for the gibberish, I get it too, click the tiny icon a few times to scroll through the available displays and it fixes itself.

My only problem is that the album, genre and artist locations are always blank.

Originally posted by Three Drives@Sep 17 2003, 11:03 PM

Great release man I love it!

Fially, I had about 4 different itunes skins for wmp, at last the definitive one arrives, thank you man.

As for the gibberish, I get it too, click the tiny icon a few times to scroll through the available displays and it fixes itself.

My only problem is that the album, genre and artist locations are always blank.

I'll have to look into why the "gibberish" (that's the overlay for the graphic equalizer, guys) is showing up when it shouldn't...

As for the browse panes, do you have media in your WMP media library?

Originally posted by hispanicboy@Sep 17 2003, 11:05 PM

pre release? i downloaded it from your site listed at the begining of this thread...

so i just unistalled it from wmp, then downloaded again and stillg et teh same results. :( poo

Try what Three Drives suggests a few posts back, as an interim solution before I release v1.1 tomorrow.

Originally posted by hispanicboy@Sep 17 2003, 11:25 PM

wmp9 latest version

xp pro

athlon 2600

1.5 gig ram

lots or mp3s :)

let me know if you need anything else

Define "lots of mp3s"...

I have roughly 50Gb of mp3s running in mine, with absolutely no problems (apart from a little slowdown in places), and a further 20Gb of films...

Also, your system is much higher spec'd than mine...

Originally posted by ronin@Sep 17 2003, 10:00 PM

If i have both font... Lucida Grande and LucidaGrande on my installed on fonts folder, should i expect any problem?!

Listen very carefully

I also have 8 different versions of Lucida font installed, because of the themes I make.

The font Stevie BM has linked to, named LucidaGrande, is actually a

Lucida Grande font (Lucida Grande.pfm). It is a truetype type 1 font.

It is a newer version of the standard truetype version (Lucida Grande.ttf)

Do not confuse this font with LucidaGrande truetype

Called:

LucidaGrande.ttf

And with the LucidaGrande truetype type1

Called:

LUCIG___.PFM

However we cannot mutually install the LucidaGrande truetype type1 font, (LUCIG___.PFM) and stevie BM's font (Lucida Grande.pfm) because the font folder thinks that stevies font is a LucidaGrande, whereas the filename state it is a

Lucida Grande.

The problem is this:

Eventhough this font has nothing to do with either of the LucidaGrande fonts, (.ttf and .pfm), you must delete your existing LucidaGrande.pfm (type1) font to install Stevie's version.

Why? Because this new version, eventhough it is simply a Lucida Grande.pfm font, to the font folder it is known as a LucidaGrande, (incorrect labelling)

So a different font; LucidaGrande.pfm must be uninstalled, to install this

Lucida Grande.pfm, because of a wrong label.

A second minor problem is that to programs, word, stylebuilder, photoshop, this new font is indistinguishable from the existing truetype Lucida Grande (.ttf) font. As windows calls both of these simply "Lucida Grande". So in an .xml when I type Value=font "Lucida Grande, 8" which one will it pick, the old .ttf or this new .pfm (type1). I forgot which one takes preference.

But someone who knows how to label fonts should name this back to

Lucida Grande, as I need my old LucidaGrande type1 back.