[release] Itunes 4 For Windows Media Player 9

Originally posted by Darth Maul@Sep 18 2003, 06:05 PM

IIs possible to place new options in the bar of playlist (where we have: #, Song Name, Time, Artist, album, Genre) put Bit Rate, My Rating, Play Count, Year, etc.... ?

Yes, it's possible, but it means delving into the depths of the skin's XML. I could tell you how to do this, if you're really determined, but it's not the sort of task to take on lightly...

Alternatively, if you wait a week or two, I'm going to be writing some WMP skinning tutorials for TwistedCPU.com, and you can take a look at those, and build up to this :)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JoLeLuv@Sep 18 2003, 06:53 PM

:own: that rocks!!

the OSX alt works best on my Chiese-simplified XPpro+sp1. Amazing...

data loading is a little bit slow, though, is it only 'cos i'm using a XP in Chinese Edition ?

that's what i call PERFECT...

Unfortunately that's not because of the language of your edition of Windows - that's because the skin has to populate all of the lists manually - I not only had to code population of listboxes from the media library, I also had to code the filtering by genre and artist, and all that lovely alphabetical ordering - that's my work too...

There's something like 3000 lines of code and 1000 lines of XML in this skin :blink:

This is as fast as it gets - you should have seen some of the original builds - I remember one of my first attempts took about 2 minutes to populate the listboxes on the first load of the skin!

Originally posted by mister_L@Sep 18 2003, 11:50 PM

thanks for this great skin. it´s the best looking skin i´ve seen so far.

on my winxp-pc everything runs fine but on my win2k-notebook i have a little problem. maybe someone can help ?! i reinstalled wmp9. all my other skins run without probs ? any ideas ?

Yeah - Win2K doesn't support transparencies properly in WMP9. The only thing I can say, I'm afraid, is either not to use Win2K or not to use my skin...

Sorry :(

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 18 2003, 10:25 PM

Unfortunately that's not because of the language of your edition of Windows - that's because the skin has to populate all of the lists manually - I not only had to code population of listboxes from the media library, I also had to code the filtering by genre and artist, and all that lovely alphabetical ordering - that's my work too...

There's something like 3000 lines of code and 1000 lines of XML in this skin  :blink:

This is as fast as it gets - you should have seen some of the original builds - I remember one of my first attempts took about 2 minutes to populate the listboxes on the first load of the skin!

Wow, I knew it had to be a lot of work, but I underestimated it all. I have to say you did a great job! It works beautifully, and really the population times aren't that bad. You definitely deserve a nice break after all that! :)

This is definitely the best iTunes skin for any player out there. It really doesn't get any better than having all the functions working as they should. :D

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 18 2003, 07:21 PM

Yes, it's possible, but it means delving into the depths of the skin's XML.  I could tell you how to do this, if you're really determined, but it's not the sort of task to take on lightly...

Alternatively, if you wait a week or two, I'm going to be writing some WMP skinning tutorials for TwistedCPU.com, and you can take a look at those, and build up to this :)

Thanks for Reply!

I'm not an programer. Sorry. :cry:

If it will be not complicated, you can put this 3 options: Bit Rate, My Rating, Play Count for de next release?

Please!

Thanks again for the great skin! ;)

Originally posted by Voodoo411@Sep 19 2003, 08:42 AM

i just found out a weird problem. when i use Opus metal VS, the text in playlist line up with background. And when i use KoL's Panther VS, the text in playlist does not line up with the background  :rolleyes:

Different visual styles can have slightly different sizes for their header bars for playlists (et al.)... I would imagine this is the case with these two themes...

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 19 2003, 04:07 AM

Different visual styles can have slightly different sizes for their header bars for playlists (et al.)...  I would imagine this is the case with these two themes...

its not what i mean sry. i mean the space between two lines. KoL's Panther VS has larger space between two lines than Opus Metal. you can see it clearly by looking at Windows Start>All Programs of each VS. This effects the spaces between text lines in your skin also. I have to make 2 playlistback.bmp, one is 14pts row height for Opus metal, and one is 17pts for KoL's Panther. i think your playlistback.bmp is 16pts row height.

Stevie BM, I altered your jscript a little so that it'd show "Artist - Song Name" instead of just "Song Name" in the display panel...

just wanted to know.. if you have tried this too.

if so.. did your wmp freeze for a certain period of time everytime you change the song? (longer load time to load up both artist-songname and the album art)

Originally posted by quaff@Sep 19 2003, 11:55 AM

Stevie BM, I altered your jscript a little so that it'd show "Artist - Song Name" instead of just "Song Name" in the display panel...

just wanted to know.. if you have tried this too.

if so.. did your wmp freeze for a certain period of time everytime you change the song? (longer load time to load up both artist-songname and the album art)

I had tried this... It didn't make much difference at all to load times for me :)

//Update metadata view of the player

function UpdateMetadata()

{

//Update Artist and Song title

metadata.value = "";

metadata.value = player.currentmedia.getiteminfo("author") + " - " + player.currentmedia.name;

//Ensure that the metadata text only scrolls when needed

if (metadata.textWidth :D

as humans we are imperfect by nature but Stevie my friend, you have broke this rule. This skin is (almost :lol: (don`t mind me, i`m a very disturbed little boy :lol: ) PERFECT. I`m using the 1.1a version and there are no bugs (except those caused by WMP9 itself). Thanks for beeing patient and delivering this masterpiece of programming and skining.

Cheers

Originally posted by quaff@Sep 19 2003, 12:22 PM

//Update metadata view of the player

function UpdateMetadata()

{

//Update Artist and Song title

metadata.value = "";

metadata.value = player.currentmedia.getiteminfo("author") + " - " + player.currentmedia.name;

//Ensure that the metadata text only scrolls when needed

if (metadata.textWidth :D

Ok, that's fine, but you don't need to clear the metadata.value first... Also, did you turn off the wmpprop listener on the metadata.value in the .wms? If you didn't, it'll write the value using the wmpprop listener, then update it using the updatemetadata() method... This shouldn't slow it down much, but it might be the cause of your problems... :D

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 19 2003, 07:28 AM

Ok, that's fine, but you don't need to clear the metadata.value first...  Also, did you turn off the wmpprop listener on the metadata.value in the .wms?  If you didn't, it'll write the value using the wmpprop listener, then update it using the updatemetadata() method...  This shouldn't slow it down much, but it might be the cause of your problems...  :D

at first i took off the wmpprop listener, but then it doesn't update when i change songs :/

i just found a way to make it update without the listener, but still has that long loading period :S

lol i know what the problem is (album art and updating the artist-song display) :blink: just wanted to know if you had the same problem hehe, i'm just gonna stick with the song title on the display. :) thanks for your helping though.

There is one more weird thing though... i saw the screenshot you posted up on deviantart, and your playlist font is the same as the Listbox.. how did you get it like that? mine isn't bolded... (the playlist font) here.. i'll show you what i mean.

wmp-ss.jpg