[release] Itunes 4 For Windows Media Player 9

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stevie BM+Sep 18 2003, 10:16 PM-->
QUOTE(Stevie BM @ Sep 18 2003, 10:16 PM)
Quite often, WMP can't retrieve the coverart for an album from its sources for album art (launch.com and allmusic.com).  This can be for one of any number of reasons...  If you have the album art (or can get it somewhere), just save it in the same folder as the mp3s in question as folder.jpg, and WMP will pick it up after a while.

Originally posted by Darth Maul@Sep 19 2003, 09:10 AM

How?

You can show the lines for us?

open up iTunes.wms and search up "columns"

and the line you find should look like this:

columns = "OriginalIndex=#;name=Song Name;duration=Time;artist=Artist;album=Album;Genre=Genre"

i altered mine to look like this:

columns = "artist=Artist;name=Song Name;album=Album;duration=Time;bitrate=Bit Rate;"

Originally posted by Darth Maul@Sep 19 2003, 09:40 AM

Thanks very much!  :own:

You know value for Play Count, Year and Last Played?

i'm not sure

i didn't know what the bitrate was either, i just guessed

ahah

try

playcount

i know that my rating is "rating" but it doesn't give you the stars, it just gives you a number of what the rating is.. most likely a WMP thing.

open up iTunes.wms and search up "columns"

and the line you find should look like this:

columns = "OriginalIndex=#;name=Song Name;duration=Time;artist=Artist;album=Album;Genre=Genre"

i altered mine to look like this:

columns = "artist=Artist;name=Song Name;album=Album;duration=Time;bitrate=Bit Rate;"

:shy: i tried it. the lines works...though the other stuff suck...they all turned into nothing but flat white pieces.

'cos i'm using RAR opening the wmz->zip file and re-zip it with RAR, too. that maybe the problem.

trying winZip later ;)

Nice work all of you...

The reason I didn't include any of those columns is because they're of absolutely no use to me - all of my mp3s are 320Kbps, and I couldn't care less about any other info...

Originally posted by quaff

There is one more weird thing though... i saw the screenshot you posted up on deviantart, and your playlist font is the same as the Listbox.. how did you get it like that? mine isn't bolded... (the playlist font) here.. i'll show you what i mean.

The reason it's not emboldened is because you're using the Alt version of the skin... To get the playlist area to use the same font as the rest, you need to change your icon font to whichever font you're using (WMPiTunes, in your case)...

*gets the feeling lots of people are walking over his grave* :blink:

Originally posted by Stevie BM+Sep 19 2003, 10:42 AM-->
QUOTE(Stevie BM @ Sep 19 2003, 10:42 AM)
Nice work all of you...

The reason I didn't include any of those columns is because they're of absolutely no use to me - all of my mp3s are 320Kbps, and I couldn't care less about any other info...

Originally posted by quaff@Sep 19 2003, 07:08 PM

oh sweet, i got it :D

turns out it was a conflict between my exisiting Lucida Grande fonts... so i switched it to WMPiTunes and changed the icon to WMPiTunes too, now it works nicely :)

Thanks Stevie BM  (Y)

Of course it works...

Like Unbeliever said "there are no bugs (except those caused by WMP9 itself)" ;)

Oh, by the way guys...

I don't think I'll do any more work on this skin from now on.

I've acheived what I intended to with it, and the only things I haven't done are things which require a complete rethink of the way I'm doing a lot of things.

Also, I've got other things I'd like to play with, let alone uni work.

If I find anything I really want to do with it, I will, but I think this is (technically, at least) as far as I'm going to take this skin.

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 19 2003, 11:14 AM

Of course it works...

Like Unbeliever said "there are no bugs (except those caused by WMP9 itself)" ;)

Oh, by the way guys...

I don't think I'll do any more work on this skin from now on.

I've acheived what I intended to with it, and the only things I haven't done are things which require a complete rethink of the way I'm doing a lot of things.

Also, I've got other things I'd like to play with, let alone uni work.

If I find anything I really want to do with it, I will, but I think this is (technically, at least) as far as I'm going to take this skin.

:D

you have nothing to fix really, its perfect!

i know how you feel tho :/ being a programmer sucks.

Originally posted by quaff@Sep 19 2003, 07:20 PM

:D

you have nothing to fix really, its perfect!

i know how you feel tho :/ being a programmer sucks.

It's far from perfect...

I can think of 101 things that need fixing on it, but I can't fix them because of WMP or JScript.

Being a coder is a great thing - I love being a coder... I know ~40 different programming and scripting languages, and can learn a new one well enough to start using it properly in a couple of weeks... What I dislike is the feeling that, once you've taken something as far as it can possibly be taken, given the environmental constraints, that it's still not finished.

If anyone's curious, I'll tell you one thing about my next project (or rather, the next one related to A-S)... It's going to involve lots more code than this skin, and will be massively more complex... I can't wait to start on it :D

Originally posted by Stevie BM@Sep 19 2003, 11:27 AM

It's far from perfect...

I can think of 101 things that need fixing on it, but I can't fix them because of WMP or JScript.

Being a coder is a great thing - I love being a coder...  I know ~40 different programming and scripting languages, and can learn a new one well enough to start using it properly in a couple of weeks...  What I dislike is the feeling that, once you've taken something as far as it can possibly be taken, given the environmental constraints, that it's still not finished.

If anyone's curious, I'll tell you one thing about my next project (or rather, the next one related to A-S)...  It's going to involve lots more code than this skin, and will be massively more complex...  I can't wait to start on it  :D

I'm curious! :D