[preview]panther Finder Using Windowblinds

shinter

Ok its out! Go HERE to get it. ;)

OS 10.3 Panther Finder Windowblinds skin!

Would you belive its just a windowblinds skin and a Windowfx shadow?! :D

The wb theme is applyed to explorer through windowblinds Per Application skin settings cause it looks good only on explorer and no other app.

Oh and all the buttons on the toolbar are accually working except the search field. Back does back and forward, view pops up the "Thumbnails, Tiles, Icons.." menu, Action pops up Folder Settings, Up goes up and Info shows teh porperties of a selected item in the explorer. Nice huh? :lol:

Comin' out soon any day now. Just need to tweak some small things to make it 100% public friendly hehe. Oh and I need to get permission from Xero cause I used his windowblinds skin as a template.

Only requremens to run this is windowblinds 4.2 and if you want u can use windowfx 2.0 but its not neccesary, just makes it more nicer.

And I dare you to say its fake so I can see your jaws drop when you download it and see it in action. :bleh: :evil:

osxfinder.jpg

take care

shinter

magbi9

Yes teh search is a part of teh menu bitmap but its not doin anything. Not posible in windows.

The toolbar items are basicly a bitmap with pink transparency on top of the toolbar background bitmap. Windowblinds add a glyph bitmap feature on top of the toolbar bitmap part wich i kinda tricked into displaying the menu items :)

Then i added transparent Toolbar buttons skinning(new feature in wb 4.2) to acually have it all functional. Some parts of the skin get weird but you only notice it when search and such popup on explorer left part in the window. but that shouldnt bother ppl much and its not so in your face all teh time.

It's hard to explain with words but youll see when its released :)

Still waiting on permission from Xero.

Originally posted by Lou@Jan 24 2004, 06:22 PM

wouldn't it be awesome if you could make windowblinds only be used in explorer windows?  that would be sweet, then it would be so...PANTHER!

-Lou

well, u can select the brushed theme as the main WB theme. Then manually apply every other app u want to be skinned with a diff skin using "Per-Application" option.

Let me say something.

Windowblinds 4.1 and 4.2 is great because of the per application skinning.

But there is a feature iam missing. U cant use different color settigs as per application.

Oce it will be available...........the total panther emulation could be done.

One thing to add: move the titlebar text a little bit to left to the proper position.......

But the way, it is nice, congratulations. (Y) (Y)

Originally posted by Keith@Jan 24 2004, 06:50 PM

Why didn't some people believe aquarius when he posted one? :blink:  :cry:

Why do you say that? :blink:

I for one, believe in him. ;) There's no reason not to if he has given his word that it will be delivered. -_-

@Aquarius2003: If you do read this, I'd just want to let you know you've done a good work from what we've seen. Keep it up. Don't lose that enthusiasm. ;)

Originally posted by Keith@Jan 24 2004, 12:13 PM

because of the people who said it was "fake" and "crap" and "ripped" :D

Why? cause...

maximus?

You r very right, i have a feeling that that is maximus. look here:

This is a sample of his earlier posts:

Could someone tell me how to write a .bat file, which erases the context / .lnk files/ in a certain directory?

The directory is --My recent documents--

And the reason:

Look the pic from my leopard theme, THE CLEAR MENU IS THE TARGET!!

So please tell me the /HOW TO/.

THX

Notice the / bla/, he uses dashes. Now here is his current post:

Hi! I am almost ready with the themes. It will be ready in 10 days (I hope).

Here is a screenie for u.....five is ready from the seven..

/The resolution is 1600*1200, the quality is low due to the smaller size./

ALL IN ONE:

See the dashes, also if you fo to the site where he hosts the screenshots his username is "max" thats a dead givaway if you ask me.

I didn't write that but I do agree with whoever wrote it. It does seem too suspicious. The screenshots are excatly the same. He was asking someone to help him with xml before he got banned.

Ok.. so it might not be him. I'm not saying that he is. I'm not sure myself. But i'd be suprised when I see something actually come out from him.

Also a month ago.. he said he would post some samurize script people has been asking for... the thread died people forgot about it but still no samurize config.

Originally posted by juno@Jan 24 2004, 03:21 PM

Is it possible to still use MSSTYLES for your main theme with windowblinds at the same time? I didnt get an answer last time.

I think if you use msstyles through windowblinds you should be able to.

If not you can always convert your msstyle to WB4 through skinstudio.