[preview]panther Finder Using Windowblinds

shinter

Ok ppl please stay on topic, this has nothing to do with what aquarius2003 is doing. I've checked out teh forums on what some of you are talkin about. And no i dont see anythin fake with his screenshots. It all looks extremly doable.

Every idea on customizing the explorer is my own. This is my own project based on allot of experience and techinques i've used for the past 2-3 years to customize my desktop. They are all going into makeing explorer into finder as close as posiblle. No ideas have been taken from anyone. They all came from me and were developed and applyed by me for me for my personal usage. some of those ideas are public friendly so thats why im releasing this. If you have noticed my screenshots over the past 2 years youll see what i mean. So please keep the disscussion on the topic othervise teh thread will get close.

Anyways to answer a few questions..

The best way to get this to work is to set the skin to only skin explorer.exe wich is an option in windowblinds (Per Application skinning). So what you basicly do is tell windowblinds to only apply this skin to explorer and nothing else. no need to go the other way around like someone mentioned. All this will be explained when i release it.

No u can not use msstyles along with this skin. As soon as you install windowblinds its either them or msstyle skinning. Not bouth.

Oh yeah i got permission from Xero to release so expect it really soon.

Originally posted by aquarius2003@Jan 24 2004, 06:51 PM

One thing to add: move the titlebar text a little bit to left to the proper position.......

But the way, it is nice, congratulations. (Y)  (Y)

hmm thanks for pointing that out Aquarius i totaly didnt notice that. Fixin it now :)

Glad ya like it Sone :)

• 1 year later...

Hmm, is it doable to make the search field instead be the text field that says "C:Program Filesetc" ? If it had that, it would be even more astounding.

Although applying this skin to explorer.exe in per application settings will apply it to the whole GUI. I've tried doing it before.

Hmm, is it doable to make the search field instead be the text field that says "C:Program Filesetc" ? If it had that, it would be even more astounding.

It's not possible.

Although applying this skin to explorer.exe in per application settings will apply it to the whole GUI. I've tried doing it before.

Most likely a Windowblinds bug. Try updating to the newest available version.