[release] Panther Finder Using Windowblinds

shinter

:naughty: Ok here it is. Mac OSX Panther Finder is released

Read down for screenshots, download link, bugs and instructions!

News: Small update please redownload the zip. Extra instructions added.

*Version 1 of the theme with text:

screengrab.jpg

*Version 2 of the theme without text:

screengrab2.jpg

*A bug thats not fixable or awoidable but you'll have to accept or DONT USE IT :happy: It's not so in your face all the time so its ok.

bugs1.jpg

AND NOW THE DOWNLOAD LINK IS HERE

Extract it to your desktop and click on the "Read me first!" file.

System requirements: Windowblinds 4.2, Objectbar 1.0 or newer to hide the "File Edit View.." menu in explorer.

Optional: WindowFX to run the shadow effect and make it better looking.

Post bug repports (if any) here.

Different themes like Milk and so on coming up!

You can make your own if your good with windowblinds themeing. You got my permission ofcourse but make sure you ask Xero too. I used his panther windowblinds theme as a template and this theme has allot of his great stuff there.Thanks for letting me use your work to make and release this baby :D

Oh and do read this entire thread as it goes on to be sure you get all the instructions and your questions answered.

Hope ya like it :P

shinter

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now to answer the questions. everyone should read this.

Crni - hey dude :)

hmm its hard to explain without trying it out and seeing it in action. All the items on the toolbar do egzacly what they say, like:

- back: contains the back and forward action

- view: pops up the View as popup menu (thumbnails, icons, list and so on)

- action: launches Folder Settings window.

- up: goes up in explorer directory hierachy.

- info: shows the properties of a selected window item. like u mark a file and click on the blue icon in the toolbar.

The only thing there just for the appearence is the search bar that doesnt do anything.

Keith - the windowblinds theme you are using is acting weird on you. I've had the same problem and you should get a different version of the skin. Or the other reason for those buttons to be acting liek that (beeing almost hidden at the bottom) is probably caused by you still running a msstyle.

Since this is only a per application (explorer) theme you still need to find another theme that will be themeing teh rest of xp. check out some nice ones in these forums. oh and in case you're still looking for the "Add per application setting" button its teh first one of teh hidden ones that are sticking out from teh bottom. you can prolly click on it.

And ppl you can't run visualstyles - msstyles and windowblinds at teh same time. Only one of em. If you want this finder theme to wokr you gotta chose windowblinds.

rofl im overusing the big ass red text so much lol

Yes those of you who are wondering why you dont have teh My Toolbars item, it's cause you have an older version of windowblinds. Windowblinds 4.2 is required.

Hmm not sure im getting what you mena ans ask but ill try to answer anyways.

Per application skinning is a feature of windowblinds that separates an exe from the overall default skin that you want to use on the rest of your system. so you set a default skin..lest say xeros panther skin and make windowblinds (using per application) to skin explorer.exe with my finder skin. eveything that is a part of explorer will show the bitmaps from my finder. The rest of the exe's on your system and their parts will use the default skin. any chnage you make to my finder skin will only show up in the explorer.exe and no other exe and no other part of windows that arent a part of explorer.exe

here's another try to answer. yes you can change the theme anyways you liek using a graphics application. the bitmaps are all in the themes folder in teh windowblinds folder.

hope i got it right with two shots :)

AbaZabba- as long as explorer.exe is beeing used as windows manager you can use this theme on it.

you see a litlle cross icon on the windowblinds settings that you need to drag onto an explorer window.

No not doable with msstyes.

Kejo- ahh i think i get what you ask now. yes as long as you dont touch the transparent toolbar bitmaps you can change the other bitmaps anyway you like and it will still work. here's a list of the bitmaps that should stay transparent and untouched:

ToolbarExplorerLarge.tga

ToolbarExplorerLarge_notext.tga

ToolbarExtrasLarge.tga

ToolbarExtrasLarge_notext.tga

ToolbarInternetLarge.tga

ToolbarInternetLarge_notext.tga

the rest you can play with :)