[release] Panther Finder Using Windowblinds

shinter

hmm judgeing from abhishakes screenshot im thinking i should include objectbar as a requirement for this thing to work properly heh <_< . the project might not be so public friendly after all.

abhishake you gotta adjust that toolbar of yours. and i clearly see you're not following the instuctions. i see that cause internet exlorer is skinned by the theme.

follow instructions in the readme files and then post a screenshot on your progress so i can help you a bit more.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by davidmandle@Jan 26 2004, 01:20 AM

It looks so tempting..... But I am having trouble installing the Marlett hack. When I attempt to do so, the  switcher.cmd Reads:

Access is denied.

Copy failed!

Anyone else getting this? What might be causing the problem?  :blink:

im having the same problem.can anyone help us?

If teh fonts are looking too big you did not install the LucidaGrande and MacGrande correctlly. These are Post-script fonts wich have true antialiasing while yours is still on a TrueType font wich have this weird blue and yellow antialiasing (I took a zoom-in look in photoshop so im 100% sure). Try reinstalling the fonts using the Adobe Type Manager. make sure they are displayed in the ATM font list and they are active there. Try reloading the windowblinds theme too.

Abbazabba- yeah try what Keith said and manualy browse using "Select an app exe from disk.." in windowblinds to explorer.exe wich should be in your winxp folder.

Davidmandel- and the others that are having problems with the switcher. Are you using windows xp?

Make sure you have turned off system file protection.heres a fast tutorial on how to:

Within 2000/XP you may find a hack won't work, or just for a couple of seconds... the original file is restored almost immediately. The "System File Checker" is optimized and can be disabled by adding/editing a Dword valua at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon called "SFCDisable" and set it to "ffffff9d" (no quotes).

Other options here are:

"0" = enabled (default);

"1" = disabled, prompt at boot to re-enable;

"2" = disabled at next boot only, no prompt to re-enable;

"3" = undocumented, enabled, performing a setup test (?);

"4" = enabled, with popups disabled.

I suggest setting it to 2.

Reboot and try replacing marlett.ttf with switcher again.

Bbbear2002- i might do that if i have time.

ok. im sure i installed the fonts correctly,and i reloaded the theme several times, unfortunately they r still too large in the windowblinds theme. besides all other windowblinds theme with third-party fonts work very well on my pc.

and iv tried to edit the registry, but the switcher still doesnt work.

"The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

Copy failed!"

thats what i get from the switcher.

any help??? plz?

Juno - i dont know ima strict windowblinds user. much more flexible, more customization is available and allot faster on my system. Why would you want to convert this to msstyles? it wont have the same effect like with windowblinds, wont work at all.

alanjp168 - Start characther map by going: Startmenu>Run then type in "charmap" without the "" and hit enter. Once its starts check the list if MacGrande is listed there. If its there i have no idea why the fonts arent showing correctlly. About teh switcher problem..no idea there not my experties.

magbie9- did you do the "Click on "My Toolbars" and there mark the "If the skin has a toolbar icon set...." option from the 4 given"options" in teh windowblinds config app (wbconfig.exe)?

I dont understand why ppl are having these problems. my friend just installed it on his pc following my tutorials step by step and it worked like a charm.