[release] Panther Finder Using Windowblinds

shinter

It doesn't work for me either. When I select the explorer.exe and add it to "per application setting" I can't choose from anything. I can just choose from "use default skin" and "use specified skin" after having selected your skin. It just won't work I guess. For your info: I'm using WB 4.2.

Maybe you can solve the problems of some users including me,

I would appreciate your help,

Cyman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno guys. I've tryed my best. I really cant come up with any more solutions to your problems. I guess you'll have to help each other out. I got school and work all day long so i wont be able to help out much. maybe a lill bit during weekends.

maybe those of you with customizing skills who have gotten everything to work properly can help out the ones who didnt. study the theme files im sure you'll get it and be able to develope it further. (Y)

ofcourse ill use teh lill free time i got to make some theme variations like milk and the rest of the sweet osx themes :lol:

A question for Shinter: Would it not be easier to use WindowBlinds' ability to skin the toolbar than having to match the chosen toolbar icons with the static images on the skin itself?

That way you can have the icons you design on the application without having to deal with the problem that happens in the image just above by sniper1747. I am having teh same problem by the way.

Lstatie- windowblinds is limiting teh toolbar icons size to 24x24 pixel per icon. and it wouldnt look so close to finder as it does with this technique. besides having visible buttons there or having them transparent is the same in functionality. you still click in teh same spot. it just looks better and more true to the original like this.

i prefer eyecandy with a litlle functionality loss rather then the bs microsoft layout. i mean come on the default microsoft toolbar is pathetic, waste of screenspace and inhumanly stupid. but thats just my humble opinion and a personal preference. :D

IKO8472- yes you can. but youll be getting the same thing and an extra app runnin for nothing.

in the windowblinds properties go: "My Toolbars" and check "Always use the toolbar icons set selected below" and click on "Default icons by microsoft".

this will turn off windowblinds handleing the toolbar icons.

youll need to create a transparent yztoolbar though. make sure they are 24x24 per icon in size.

I managed to find out what causes the problems with the fonts. It actually isn't anything to do with the fonts being installed incorrectly.

I opened up the skin in SkinStudio and looked for the setting for the 00Font (the font for the buttons). The easiest way is to open up the theme, on the preview click on one of the buttons, then on the right panel, expand the tree for fonts, and double click on one of the 00Font entries - and then change the setting at the bottom of the screen.

I changed its value from 18 to 14 and now it looks fine. It effects the 'Address' label aswell as the buttons (which were originally being shown as large).

Now it's fine. :yes: And by fine, I mean that this theme is sweeeet! :w00t:

post-11379-1075161674_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by juno@Jan 26 2004, 03:19 PM

I want to convert my huge library of themes to WB so I can use this. Ill go find out for myself.

Skinstudio has had importing ms styles and converting to WB for a while. And in it's latest version (on object desktop) with the latest WB you can simply double click on a msstyle to use it with wb.

The part of your description to install the WindowBlinds skin itself, which I don't understand is where you say something about "that little cross thingie". I don't know what you mean with this. Can you explain it further? Meanwhile I'll give it another try,

so long,

Cyman

I just found a bug

When the Explorer window isnt Fully Maximied, the buttons get out of their right place (Back stays on forward, forwards stays on the next one.... and soo on)

I also noticed that Internet Explorer ALSO gets messed up with this, we can have the feel of the MAC osx Finder, but, Im paying a big price for it, and since i use mmstyles and not windowsblinds, no more Three Drives Panther for me :(

Cyman - heres a screenshot of what you should be seeing if you have windowblinds 4.2.

This is refering to the step in the tutorial where you are setting my wb skin as per app skin.

wb1.jpg

Follow the instruction that is shown on that litlle window.

Felix - to avoid internet explorer beeing weird you have to use a second windowblinds skin set as the default windowsblinds skin wich will skin other windows since my skin is ment to be used only on explorer. also make sure you have selected this option stated in teh tutorial. heres a screenshot. this is how its supposed to look:

wb2.jpg

About buttons beeing out of place make sure you have toolbar set to the locked setting. rightclick on the toolbar and chose "Lock the toolbar".

If the board hadn't been offline for some time, I would have edited my last post earlier. I have had the cross thingie once today, but now it doesn't appear anymore. Anyway, the skin is working now, but with some graphical glitches, same as posted in a screenshot somewhere before here in this thread. I'll see about it, so for now, thx for your good work, I think there's still some work to do in order to get it bug-free, but for now, I appreciate your efforts.

Cyman

To remove the windows flag without having to run yz toolbar (wich by the way gets in conflict with windowblinds toolbar buttons) use any of these registry files found HERE.

Duyvan ill do a milk one as soon as i get some free time. Pretty rare cause im workin and in school at the same time <_<