[release] Panther Finder Using Windowblinds

shinter

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i get that through object desktop? :lol: Anyway, i did manage to download and get windowblinds 4.2, and i get the toolbar menu and everything, only, i can't seem to be able to install the finder theme? It doesn't want to detect it. I tried copying and pasting the folder into

C://programfiles/stardock/objectdesktop/windowblinds

but the config app doesn't want to detect it. When i go to add skin from disc, i need either a zip or wba or something like that, but when i try adding mac shinter finder etc, it doesn't detect the theme either. But on Windowblinds 4.1 it got it?

nm i got it to work, i had to zip the mac os x windowblinds folder, and then open the zip with windowblinds.

But...I don't get the text and no text option when using the skin.

EDIT: no wait, it totally doesn't work at all, i'm gonna atry and post a screenie, the title bar has disapered.

EDIT: heres the screenie, notice the missing title bar, and i can't select the text / no text thingi:

thumb-10270.jpg

Sorry for the big ss, heres a thumb, make biger

EDIT: oh well, i give up. Might as well use a normal explorer window.

i have a problem..i have installed windowsblind and this theme...

for the windows is perfect. i have no error but i use firefox and the icon compare under the icon of the program...

the unic solution is that i per application firefox and not skin the application but in this case the result is that firefox is different to all other windows!!!!! :(

HELP!

:lol: helloo all :lol: i am french and speak very bad english. help my !!!! the marlett's font hack do not install. the switcher is error. help my. the system file shecker do not disable..... help :cry:

Si quelqu'un parle francais voila une version plus clair :D. En fait j'ai installer le finder comme prévue avec windows blinds 4.2 mais le problème c'est que je n'arrive pa a installer la police MARLETT. Le switcher ne marche et m'affiche cette erreur : acces refusé copy failed ... J'ai essayer de desactiver le system file checker en éditan dans la base de registre mais sans succés. il n'y a même pa de message au demmarage quan je le fait. aider moi svp.

Originally posted by ultimeshadow@Feb 10 2004, 02:12 PM

:lol: helloo all  :lol:  i am french and speak very bad english. help my !!!! the marlett's font hack do not install. the switcher is error. help my. the system file shecker do not disable.....  help  :cry:

Si quelqu'un parle francais voila une version plus clair  :D. En fait j'ai installer le finder comme prévue avec windows blinds 4.2 mais le problème c'est que je n'arrive pa a installer la police MARLETT. Le switcher ne marche et m'affiche cette erreur : acces refusé copy failed ...  J'ai essayer de desactiver le system file checker en éditan dans la base de registre mais sans succés. il n'y a même pa de message au demmarage quan je le fait. aider moi svp.

Marlett hack, the easy way:

1. go to windows\fonts

2. rename marlett.ttf to marlet.ttf

3. Wait for 10 seconds and refresh the window (F5). If Marlett reappears, search for marlett.ttf on your hard disks and rename all except the hacked one from Shinter's pack.

4. Repeat steps 1 & 2 - marlett.ttf shouldn't reappear after refreshing.

5. Copy Shinter's hacked marlett into windows\fonts

6. Reboot.

7. Go to windows\fonts and double-click marlett.ttf At the top of the window you'll see some information. The font should be 16kb (ko in French I think) large. If it is, it means that you succeeded (Y)

J'espere ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by hmai18@Mar 2 2004, 01:22 AM

Shinter mentioned different themes to be released (ie. Milk.)  Is this still a possibility, or is it only the stock brushed theme?

He wants to do it, but he has no time at the moment. Keep waiting ;)

Originally posted by waski@Mar 2 2004, 11:57 PM

Hi...PLZZZZ....somone help me...what do I WRONG??

:cry:

1. Turn off the address bar. Make sure that Objectbar is running and it's taking over explorer menus.

Rightclick on Obar>Properties>File>General Options>check 'Hide menus of applications...' and '...and hide movable menus from Explorer...'

Click OK, reopen some explorer window. Should work.

Okay - just to help people out here who are having problems with this theme, I'm going to bring my tutorial over here from AquaXP...

Fixing Menus

1. You need to right-click on ObjectBar and select 'properties'. You will then notice the Theme Editor pop up.

2. From the 'File' menu, select 'General Options'.

3. Make sure that the following two options are selected...

[x] Hide menus of applications when a replaceable section is present

[x] ...and hide movable menus from Explorer and IE windows.

4. Then click 'OK'. The menus should now be removed from explorer and then replaced on the ObjectBar menu.

If you find that a program doesn't like ObjectBar replacing its menus then you can always add it to the exclusions list by clicking on the 'Exclusions' button. I find it best to add Kazaa, Adobe Reader, Easy CD creator and (surprisingly) Stardock Central to the exclusion list if you have any of them.

5. Also - I recommend that you remove the seperators on your toolbar as you would normally by right-clicking on your window and selecting 'Customize'. That way you won't get the vertical lines.

Removing 'Search'

1. Another tip you might find useful is if you want to have the 'Address' section in place of the non-functional search bar (as per my screenshot), then go to your WindowBlinds folder and then to the 'Mac OS X Panther Finder' folder.

2. Next, open up 'Toolbar_icons.bmp' and Toolbar_iconstext.bmp' in paint and click the 'Pick Colour' tool (3rd one down on the left).

3. Right-click anywhere in the pink area to select that as your secondary colour.

4. Now go to the selection tool and select the area with the search bar in and hit your 'Delete' key (or do it from the edit menu, if you so wish :P)

5. Save both files and restart WindowBlinds (you can do this by going to your Display properties, clicking on the 'Appearance' tab, then the WindowBlinds button and then when the WindowBlinds settings window comes up, click on the 'Unload WindowBlinds' option. Go back to Display properties and click on the 'Windowblinds' button again).

The only problem (which you'll see in my screenshot) is that the Address bar comes with a seperator which you cannot remove, so you will get a vertical line down it, but I see it as a very small price to pay. And if you don't like it then you don't have to do it lol. :lol:

Hope that helps :)

post-11379-1078270639_thumb.jpg