[release] Xi-softcandy

Hey man, good port, but i found another little bug, large font for peach is not the same as for the other style, they 're bigger.Also I still have all other bugs on this 3d.

Another bug that i just found is with scrollbar and all mozilla applications, i think that this vs is fantastic, bu just a little buggy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bicet@Apr 26 2004, 03:18 AM

Hey man, good port, but i found another little bug, large font for peach is not the same as for the other style, they 're bigger.Also I still have all other bugs on this 3d.

Another bug that i just found is with scrollbar and all mozilla applications, i think that this vs is fantastic, bu just a little buggy

Peach font size fixed.

Also, as I stated when I posted this VS, I am well aware of the scrollbar bug in Mozilla products, it was a compromise I took to have the rounded ends to the scrollbar shaft as in the original, but the Mozilla products don't skin this correctly. It's the limitations of Windows I'm working with and trying to make the theme look as original as possible, but unfortunately compromises have to be made because of these limitations and skinning differences.

@aashish13 - This is because of the size of the original button and the large rounded corners. I would have to create smaller buttons for these areas with a smaller corner radius for it to display fully around the icon.

Originally posted by Max Power@Apr 25 2004, 03:55 PM

Here is the Xi-SoftCandy port, original theme created by XiAP Themes, ported with permission.

The theme contains the 3 original flavors - Caramel, Lime and Peach, and all have standard and compact start menus.

Please report any bugs here other than the scrollbar bug which I am well aware of. I am still working on a solution to this, but since the bug is only present in IE and Mozilla products (that I am aware of) I figured it was still sufficient for release. ;)

Thanks and enjoy!

Default font size is now 8pt. Select "Large Fonts" for normal size fonts.

scthumb.jpg

Click to download at DeviantArt

Very nice :woot:

Someone porting this for wb? :cry:

Originally posted by svn@Apr 26 2004, 10:03 AM

This is a very good theme. I like it. But i have a question.

is this small line under the marked tab right?

mistake.jpg

Looks like you're using ObjectBar there which isn't part of this theme.

@ everyone looking for a blue version -

The original only came with these 3 flavors. I am working on some other things at the moment, but if I get a chance I will try and add a blue flavor. ;)

Originally posted by svn@Apr 27 2004, 05:22 AM

i don't use ob. if you want, i can give you a screenshot of the desktop and the complete taskbar.

I assumed you were using ob because of the drop shadow but now I see it must be Y'z shadow. But to answer the question, that 1 light-colored pixel is supposed to be there, it's on the original image straight from the Mac theme, as shown here.

Originally posted by mentaleruptions@May 2 2004, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the updates but still got the same issue with the spacing on internet explorer but way of on the taskbar and the issue with hovering over the min, max and close buttons on the parent windows like i showed before.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen ??

I have no idea what could be causing the issue you have with IE, but I don't see how it could be the vs. I don't use IE or the google toolbar so I have no way of replicating or fixing the problem if indeed it IS the vs causing it.

As far as the min/max/close buttons are concerned, yes, I do notice that and while it's a very minor bug, I will look into it when I do the update of fixing the Photoshop button bug.

I've fixed the Photoshop bug and added a new flavor - BLUEBERRY!! :D

Still haven't figured out what is causing the issue mentaleruptions has brought up tho. :(

Anyone else have any clue? I don't see anything different in my settings on this theme than I see on any other theme, yet this is the only theme that seems to be having the problem. It's very weird... :rant:

• 4 years later...