[release] New Mac Os X Icons

mntnbkr1065

Originally posted by mntnbkr1065@Apr 30 2004, 08:44 PM

i made these from real icons ported over from Panther. for use with iconpackager.

feel free to mod, but ask permission to re-submit to people or sites. arnaud_cowther@hotmail.com

download here: click click click

So,... let me get this one RIGHT ! - you want people to ask YOU for permission, to redistribute icons you RIpped from an Operating System ? - I guess you dont know about intellectual property laws concerning images and icons from these operating systems ? - if you did you would understand you are not the author of such icons, and therefor have no right to either edistribute them yourself or claim ownership of such icons and images.

If this were a theme you made yourself inspired and based on such icons that would be a little different. - Maybe.

Anyway I come here because like lots of people here I like customising my PC. I share your idea's on wanting to make your PC look like a Mac, but please don't insult me by telling people here they have to ask for permission just to redistribute your ripped icons.

Give me a break

<_<

Originally posted by thecat2000@Apr 30 2004, 04:24 PM

So,... let me get this one RIGHT ! - you want people to ask YOU for permission, to redistribute icons you RIpped from an Operating System ? - I guess you dont know about intellectual property laws concerning images and icons from these operating systems ? - if you did you would understand you are not the author of such icons, and therefor have no right to either edistribute them yourself or claim ownership of such icons and images.

If this were a theme you made yourself inspired and based on such icons that would be a little different. - Maybe.

Anyway I come here because like lots of people here I like customising my PC. I share your idea's on wanting to make your PC look like a Mac, but please don't insult me by telling people here they have to ask for permission just to redistribute your ripped icons.

Give me a break

<_<

LOL yea i think your right on the permissions things :blink:

Ok, guys, chill out, he still made the IP and that is a bit of work, i agree however, you better not be too picky about permissions, seems like its the cool thing to do nowadays, ask for people to ask for permission :lol:

Anyway, to the point, dont start a flame war and iconpackagers go in the iconpackager sub-forum, thank you Max for the heads up.

----------------------

The Topic Has Been Moved

// Seph

what does it matter if you know where its going? they weren't your icons to begin with. so i could make my own set, without even downloading yours and it would be the same.....makes no sense to tell u where they are going.

-bunkka :canadian:

• 1 month later...