Copying My Work Without My Authorization

Wait a minute

That isnt my site people

I dont know whos site that is that was posted here as a mirror.

I did say in the thread that i asked permsion, but i mistated myself, and for that i apologize. I had not asked permission as of yet, but had intended to.

Secondly, I was looking for the layout of the website, not the actual images. I'm also a photographer, and would never pawn someone elses work off as my own.

For the misunderstanding I am deeply sorry.

You can all rest assured, that this has not advanced past the stage of me asking for help Stevie has not done anything for me as of yet.

And for clarification, with a website as simple and clean as that, i didnt think i would need permission to use some f the concepts in my website.

If this is not true, than again i am sorry.

Mira, I am deeply sorry for the confusion with this, I had no intention to steal anything from you whatsoever.

Your work is fabulous and i dig it hardcore. Your images are yours and I would never steal them

Originally posted by A Private Message I sent to Kenan

Hi Kenan,

I'm merely "copying" your site as a proof of concept and an example - I intended no harm by it. You'll note that I left all your copyright intact.

I actually intended, once I was complete, to offer the templates to you for use on your site, as they would greatly reduce your bandwidth usage.

That said, if you wish me to remove the files and completely stop work, I would be happy to.

Stevie BM

As I said in the PM, I was going to offer Kenan the XHTML and CSS to use for his own purposes once I was complete (completely free of charge and with no "conditions of use", as the designs were his to start with), and offer Photo768 the templates such that they may serve as an example of how to develop a standards compliant website.

As most people at A-S know, I would never copy someone's work with a view to passing it off as my own, and am very keen on supporting artists' copyright. That said, I cannot plead ignorance regarding this - ignorance is never a defence.

Kenan, once again, I am very sorry for any harm or insult I may have caused, but I intended none. As I have said, I intended to offer you the pure XHTML/CSS2 pages once I had worked out all the bugs, should you desire them. I offer you this now as a gesture of goodwill, and will, to further illustrate said goodwill, happily rebuild your entire site using XHTML and CSS2, should you desire it.

Either way, as I've said, I'm happy to remove the copyrighted work from my "scratchpad" web server, and have done so until you contact me further.