Avedesk Scripting Reference & Desklet SDK

herd

I have made a small Help file for referencing the AveDesk object model.

It provides some basic explanation for any script accessible methods or properties of the object model.

It doesn't contain an intro on how to create effectlets with scripting nor any sample scripts. If you have a sample script or questions to be in the FAQ, post them here and I'll incorporate them and their answers in the above download.

wkr,

herd

(edit)

here are some sample scripts already issued on this board:

Originally posted by herd@Aug 12 2004, 03:31 PM

I have made a small Help file for referencing the AveDesk object model.

It provides some basic explanation for any script accessible methods or properties of the object model.

It doesn't contain an intro on how to create effectlets with scripting nor any sample scripts. If you have a sample script or questions to be in the FAQ, post them here and I'll incorporate them and their answers in the above download.

wkr,

herd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

woot! that's good news ! :)

-sight- i have to make one for expire too :/

siwu

Another good news:

Alilm has volunteered to (and been assigned to) contribute some enhancements to

the docu above, provide some sample code in VB6 and vbScript for external (like

in AveShadow) and internal (like in EffectLets) automation of AveDesk. And some

'bretzeling it up' as a silly german like me would put it.

Cheers Alilm!

• 2 weeks later...

AveDesk C / C++ SDK.

http://mpj.tomaatnet.nl/AD11_SDK.zip

This SDK is includes the Desklet and the Effect SDK for AveDesk 1.1. Included is an HLP (help) file which contains information about every event and function available.

Also included are two examples: A RecycleBin desklet and a Glow Effect. The example files may freely be used.

Files:

DeskletSDK.cpp - the main source file for the Desklet SDK. Add this to your project if you are making a Desklet.

DeskletSDK.h - the header file for the DeskletSDK, include this into your project.

DrawPluginSDK.cpp - the main source file for the Effect SDK. Add this to your project if you are making an effect file.

DrawPluginSDK.h - the header file for the Effect SDK. include this into your project.

Also included is a experimental (nothing really well tested) C++ templated version of the DeskletSDK. Basically, this should allow a developer to create desklets quicker and easier. Only DeskletImpl.hpp and a copied exports.def hav to be included; this file will include all necessary other files. Take a look at the ExampleDesklet class included in the SDK. I might turn this into a VC6 wizard soon.

- AveDeskEvents.hpp, used to delegate the C style events to implementations of CDeskletImpl.

- AveDeskUtil.cpp, implements some commonly used functions as static functions.

- AveDeskUtil.hpp, idem.

- DeskletImpl.hpp, implementation of template class CDeskletImpl. This file needs to be included only.

- DeskletSDK.cpp, used by deskletimpl.hpp to access the C api.

- DeskletSDK.h, used by deskletimpl.hpp to accesss the C api.

- exports.def, defaults DEF linkage file. You will need to add this to your project and, if necessary, uncomment some lines.

- Layers.hpp, Layer helper class.

- Layers.cpp, idem.

- Layer.hpp, idem.

- Layer.cpp, idem.

- ExampleDesklet.hpp, exampledesklet using the CDeskletImpl.

- ExampleDesklet.cpp, implementation of the exampledesklet.

Although heavily checked, this SDK might contain (typing)errors. Please report errors so they can be corrected :).

A Delphi version of this SDK is coming very soon, I am writing some GDI+ wrapper functions currently. Once those are done, I will kick the delphi sdk out.

(changed the topc-file).

I've been waiting for this for quite some time, one of my goals has been to utilize an Avedesk SDK to make a scripting widget that will interact with Microsoft's Windows XP windows scripting host natively and retrieve random quotes from the A-team. After coding in BASIC and Delphi I-Am-BOREdland, I've managed to use the GDI+ drawing feature to near 1980's rerun quality. Faceman recommends this SDK to anyone who's "on the jazz' :rock: