Mac OS X Tiger

Thanks Peter, I had to take a break from skinning as I got myself into some legal trouble over the last few months. Things are clearing up now and I will try and get Ice finished, the others will have to wait.

Steve, good to know you are starting to get back on top take your time.

Know that you're one of the skinning kings and be proud of it!

Happy Hollidays!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I'm glad to get back into it and I think the new Ice will be one of my best themes if not the best. I want to make sure its perfect before I release it though, so give me time to make it. I'd rather wait longer and release something amazing then quickly finish it.

Now lets keep the replies to a minimum so we don't get people complaining about resurrecting old threads :)

I'm having a new problem with this theme.

I've OS X 3, WB 5 and the Theme Version from the OS X Package.

From time to time it happens, that for an unknown reason to me, some of the informations contained on the theme get lost, this is mostly shown in changed colors for the dialogs and in unreadable menus of the launched programs.

Does anyone else experience same prob's?

I do have then to uninstall the theme from WB5, change to another one, relaunch the System, install Steve's Theme again and then everything is again as I like to have it, for a few days or so and then I starts over again.

I upgraded to the latest available Version of WB5 (5.00.011), now the Theme remains stable, at least longer then it did until now, so I hope for good.

The only thing with this Version of WB seems to be that, the +, that you have usually in front of the folders in the explorer, are now a black dot...

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

Are you planning to release a version of your skin with Alpha Blending so you can put smooth corners?

Everybody ask the quetsion about smooth corners and shadows. I fully agree with you about builtin shadows (= useless) but you do not answer about smooth corners.

(please forgive what could be an approximative english, I'm french)

This thread never dies :) ..not a bad thing though :P

As far as smooth corners goes, I don't think I will be adding it anytime soon. The main reason behind that is I will lose the function to roll up windows as well as linking buttons to highlight together. I feel the last one is significant enough as it makes the OSX feel as close as possible. I've talked to the creator of Windowblinds and told him my concerns, but me being the only one and lack of themes produced lately they don't seem to care that much about it :( Now.. its not their fault, that wasn't a bash, just if more show a concern it would get changed. Until then I will keep the theme as is. I don't want to add specific substyles as it would just get even longer, and last I checked there were 24 already :slant:

As for the frames you made, don't worry, I made mine to perfection (in my eyes of course) and thats how it's going to stay. I have actual smooth versions of the frames on my psd's.

In any other news, I won't take advantage of the other WB5 features until I update the theme's frames. I also feel I should make a minor announcement regarding future themes. I have been battling school, work, social life :slant: and as often as I got a chance to work on themes. I am most occupied with work unfortunately which is the reason due to my constant string of delays. I'm trying to finish Ice before I move on to further themes which I have planned. I will also be ceasing to make mac replica themes. Whether I will make a Mac OS X Leopard theme or not is unsure, if I can find time I'd love to make a Mac theme for Windows Vista, but don't hold me to that. Thanks to everyone who liked my Mac themes and they will still be around as long as Apple lets me :)