[release] RK Launcher 0.3 Beta

We're certainly getting there Radu!

Pleasently surpised by it's unexepcted release and

even more pleasently surprised by the fact that now we can finally add shortcuts to your Dock.

[Request:] could you enable the option to alter the directory for costum (.png) icons?

Because, now one has to copy all the .png's I want to use for shortcuts on your Dock

from the directory I use for AveDesk etc to your RKLauncher/icon directory.

The next step would be the ability to drag AveDesklet's to the dock & Vice-versa to the desktop.

For what I understand we can now use the Y'z dock-desklets?

Your Alpha release allready made me un-ditch the dock and this beta release makes met hold on to

this Return of the Dock ( ...-ahum- Launcher ;)) to my desktop.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent work!

A few issues:

-Slow (much slower than Y'z Dock on my machine) I have an Athlon 64 3000+ and an Nvidia 6600GT and the dock seems to get less than 30 FPS in some instances where Y'z gets 100+.

-Zoomed icons look blockier than Y'z Dock

-I would like to be able to Left Click Hold and select Quit from the menu (perhaps see the context menu for that application.

-Same Instance doesn't seem to work for me with Firefox.

-Windows+D or another hotkey hide the dock until the hotkey is pressed again

-When minimizing Winamp the main player goes to minimize, but the playlist window doesn't go along with it.

Keep up the great work, this is an awesome debut.

-Bryce

very nice dock.

one suggestion though.

could a list of ignore apps be added?

when i select the option "Show New Applications" i get an icon for background apps,

that i really don't need to see running.

keep up the good work.

Just right click and tell it it ignor that app.

PS Great work RK

-Slow (much slower than Y'z Dock on my machine) I have an Athlon 64 3000+ and an Nvidia 6600GT and the dock seems to get less than 30 FPS in some instances where Y'z gets 100+.
I know Y'z did have an integrated benchmark for this, but how do you know RK's=30fps?

My AMD64 3500+ & Gf6600 setup is quite similiar to yours but I don't experiance the slowness you seem to get hindered by. How many icons do you have on the Dock?

[i wonder] Can the Trash sublabel slow the Dock (just like folder sublabels do on AveDesk?)

-I would like to be able to Left Click Hold and select Quit from the menu (perhaps see the context menu for that application.

Why would you want that? Right click on docked items allready gives context menu, doesn't it?

Your request would mean an extra action for achieving the same result.

I like this idea very much. Sometimes I experiment with autohide, but it seems to hinder me on a regular basis by popping up when I'm working around the bottom of my active window.

Cuurently I use WindowFx to make my windows not maximising to bottom of desk, to that they do not hinder my dock and vice versa. This works, but is not so efficient window-size-wise (is this a word?) so a hotkey would be much better. I've allready gotten used to this implemented feature in AveDesk 1.2 with the F9 key.

[request] May I suggest another F-key for show/hide dock on next version of RKLauncher?

-Zoomed icons look blockier than Y'z Dock

what icons? for me its 1:1 like in y'z

do u know what windows+D do? its shows ur desktop, use windows+M instead or make dock always on top, btw same thing happens to y'z

Very Very Nice Release.

Memory usage got slightly larger but not too big of a deal.

Heres a couple of things that I think needs fixed/added.

when used with kkmenu(exe haven't tried docklet) the dock still fights the list when on always on top.

(so kkmenu only flashes on the screen if mouse is left on the dock)

Hotspots on edge of where the dock is to bring dock to front if dock isn't always on top.

(similar to the showing it when its hidden. but will bring it to the top regardless)

UI for list of items set to never show in the dock.

(incase you set it to never show you don't have to go into the conf to change it.)

keep up the good work can't wait to see the improvements on the next release!

This version is a big step up from 2nd alpha!

What a fantastic dock that I have alreay used ! I really like this one. I'd really appreciate raduking's dock. And i give some suggestions below :

1, Whether the dock can include more options for us to select?

2, Just like WinOSX , if u install it in ur XP OS , it can make ur XP OS like Mac as possible as it could,esp the dock wouldnt cover the applications when u open full screen. just like dock of mac.

3, Can u make the dock use both of the background YZ & OD ?

Hope raduking improve it as better as it could !

Absolutely amazing. Even after reading all the rave reviews it still beat my expectations. You have to try it yourself to fully understand.

As for a feature request, or maybe someone can point in the right direction, is there a way to limit the size of maximized windows. I'm pretty sure desktop X has this, but i don't want to run that just for that feature. I don't have access to a mac, but it appeared that the dock can force all windows to not overlap it?

Thanks for the hard work!