RK Launcher 0.3 - BUG REPORTS

Pe8er

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Trash bin problem is that you need Trash bin on the Desktop otherwise it doesn't work and shows your error. At least it was this way for me.

Instead of deleting the recycle bin icon from the desktop, hide it instead and you will be fine.

If you are using the XP style start menu

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerHideDesktopIconsN

ewStartPanel

if working with the classic menu:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerHideDesktopIconsC

lassicStartMenu

Inside, Make new DWORD-Value with the name "{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}" & 'Modify' Value "1"

That will just hide the Recycle bin icon,

If a Dock is installed, by this procedure the 'Recycle bin' Docklet won't be anyhow affected as by some other Tweaks.

To restore the desktop icon again, just 'Modify' the same DWORD-Value to "0"

(from http://www.tweakxp.com/article36839.aspx)

• 4 weeks later...
But i think this is a firefox problem, not a RKlauncher problem

this is of course very possible :) But I think it's just a side effect of the new gecko version of Firefox 1.5. Wether this is an actual bug, who knows...

But I have noticed that with a couple of other programs but can't remember which those were, since I had to turn off the minimize to the dock because it caused other severe problems on my side (I'm gonna file a bug report, once we are allowed to for the nightlys).

this is of course very possible :) But I think it's just a side effect of the new gecko version of Firefox 1.5. Wether this is an actual bug, who knows...

But I have noticed that with a couple of other programs but can't remember which those were, since I had to turn off the minimize to the dock because it caused other severe problems on my side (I'm gonna file a bug report, once we are allowed to for the nightlys).

I think the same. :)

But i think this is a firefox problem, not a RKlauncher problem..

I think its more likely the way the minimising is implemented in RK launcher. I have been using nightly builds of firefox for about 6 months now. The browser could be released tommorrow its certainly fast and stable enough.

Maybe he could borrow some coding ideas from objectdock as that has no problems minimizing 1.5

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to have a search field in the "Custom Icon" Panel, because I usually put a lot of png files into the same folder, and the simple browse isn't quite enough. A search field located on the upper left corner of the "Choose an icon" window seems to be reasonable and more aqua-ish.

If the search function has a spotlight-like effect(just like the search in the AveIconBook) would be perfect.

I don't know if it is possible(AndreasV would give the permission and help to port his code, and raduking would have extra free hours to implement this other than the most anticipated "genie effect".)

I think your post belongs in the feature request thread.