• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i prefer panther for now.

mail is true ugly.

this is not a new os afterall.

it's just a sort of addon.

Don't want to argue but... XP is just a layer of Win 2000 ;)

What ever, I can't wait to receive mine.... That will rocks.... About mail, I like the way it looks even if I prefer the current mail app.

Great day....

Exactly ludge - The only thing i am really looking forward too (tried it already, my God!) is automator.

I will hold on to panther for a little while first until every single one of my fav programs are Tiger friendly ;) - that and the fact that I can't get it here in Dubai (yet)

tigertigertiger.... grrr..... can't freakin' wait.

what news, if any, of a speed bump over panther?

Many people I've talked to that have installed the most recent build of tiger say that there is a most definate speed bump: apps open quicker, and theres a general speediness with Tiger ;D

Great news!!

I am really happy to hear that.

Does someone know if there will be a low upgrade price for those who bought their macs recently? I mean in the last 2-3 months...

Mail is freaking uggly, I hope someone will do a skin to bring the old interface back!

what about the release date? I am not sure.

Does this mean we can order it now and receive it on april 29th or that we can order it and it will be shipped after april 29th?

Hell has froze over!!

mailnew20050412.jpg

CURSE THEM.

I would be really happy, I would, but the redo of Mail distroys it all.

Question: So, umm, there is a new version of Quicktime, right? And Apple did a port of Quicktime to Windows, and then after years later, also did it for iTunes. We all know how a wonderful job Apple did with Quicktime in contrast to iTunes. Does this mean that they will put the same amount of tender, love and care into the QT port? I hope so.

man apple is getting very disorganized :(

the new mac os x page is ugly...that white glow makes it look like a n3wb photoshop job...and wtf why do they sometimes use a glossy spotlight icon and sometimes a matte one? they've got too many styles in os x now: aqua, brushed, platinum and buttons types aqua, sunken, plastic, gel et al which makes it look worse and worse. hopefully once shapeshifter and APEs work w/ tiger, someone'll make a theme that looks like 8A294--that was my favorite GUI out of all of them for Tiger

but i still will get it b/c the new features are amazing :)