Same damn topics all the time

Is it just me or do people seem to post the same **** all the time here. Stuff like "omg like i need to install Mac OS X on my PC and have a really nice skin on my windows all that the same time and run windows on my Linux machine..." or "How do I make my Windows look like Mac OS".. People need to quit replying to this and strt doing some heavy noooobie pruning becuase it just seems like people just take advantage of our users skills and don't contribute anyhing but usless grabage.

I'm sorry, but people seem to just blatently disobey the rules and not sue the search button. I thank heavens for the will power to search before I get to over-zealous about posting.

I remember reading A-S seince I was in 9th grade, and Aqua-soft.org was Aqua-man.net. I understand people and things change, but wtf has happend to aqua-soft? A lot of the developers have left, Goku (prob the best Admin ever), nothing is here anymore... just a place for people to get off to Mac OS X skins and just join to make a post for help on how to do it and ocne they figure it out, they moan because it doens't work the way they want.

There isn't really a point to this post, but anyone whos been here over 1.5 years will probably agree with me, Aqua-soft is just a **** forum now. People just complain and take complete advanteage of the work of others.

Agreed.

It is not that much the not-searching-prior-to-post, thats going to happen like it or not as the forums grow bigger.

I do feel the attitude of the forums is not the best - people come here to get stuff and leave. When they dont get what they want and how they want it they whine until their issue is fixed and then they leave.

It is a problem, i agree.

PS: Lets not turn this into an "i've been here longer than you and i know about the aqua apps" thread, please.

i can wholeheartedly agree with you...it was never that way before in the old times seph forbidden us to discuss:p

people are simply repeating themselves and turning the forum into a request DEN and Leeching community ....but what can we do...we just can't tell off every one of them and force them to search the forums....i think we should close regesteration at the forums lol/ jok/

you can't control humanbeings except with the whip/instant bans:p

While I agree that the problem of leechers and those-who-don't-use-the-Search-function does exist, I think this is largely true of most communities online. Also, the attitude of certain people who take advantage of the nice guys is a true reflection of real life (outside cyberspace, that is).

As long as there are some of us who contribute to the growth of the Aqua-emulation community and create goodies for ourselves and share them with others, I think this board will have more than achieved it's aims.

Please do correct me if you feel I am wrong !!

I'm not sure what’s worse, someone new to this site posting a question, or someone who's been here more than a month who thinks they rule the forums.

You guys need to stop *****ing about new people asking for help, just help them or ignore it. But no you guys ***** and ***** and *****.

And don't go on about the leeching, I know I've asked for help quite a few times when making the skin for aqua-soft, just asking for basic help and ideas... and what do I receive? Nothing...

Also say if people search, and they posted in an old thread, you guys would go postal saying, "Why did you open an old ass thread" same thing if they posted a new one... you guys just need to get used to it. That is the nature of a forum.

I agree with timan. I dont see how asking a question can upset someone so much. Just dont answer it ignore the post. I know when I first came here I got alot of sh-- from some people which almost made me not even want to come back here. Then I started chating with people from here which are really cool people. So Im glad I stayed

Yep, I mean take a look at that post someone made in GD the other day, saying they were new here, guy gets attacked on the first reply. Sad sad sad community :P

remeber Timmy that the rules you made revised by Stieve and seph is the reason behind such harshness and rush for inforcing the rules:p ..........even on new comers as you say

remeber Timmy that the rules you made revised by Stieve and seph is the reason behind such harshness and rush for inforcing the rules:p ..........even on new comers as you say

Stevie did the rules, I looked over them, big diff.

HAHAHA!!!

NOW you all see what I had to deal with and why, after 3 years of being an admin here, i went batty.

And you all thought I was just an a$$hole to be an a$$hole.

THIS PLACE DID IT TO ME!

Its ok duckie, make yourself feel important, don't even see why you stick around here.

And you are just an A$$hole to be an A$$hole, you just proved that.

All this fighting makes me a sad panda.

Tiger was just released, I am sure it is a trend that New Member "Applications" spike after a new OS X release. Give it some time so that they can learn. And I am sure a polite mention of searching (via PM) could help. Otherwise, if you don't want to help the situation, let it slide. You can't expect every new member to automatically know all the rules or functions of the site from the start.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if it's possible but ... is there any way to make a "Search the forum" screen show if the user has less than five posts here? You know what I mean? If a new user has less than five total posts, when they try to post a reply or start a new thread a temp screen will show asking if they've done a search for what they are looking for then be redirected so they can post what they were trying to first. Just a suggestion. I try not to hctib about it but find a solution. :)