Dashboard Gadgets ported to Konfabulator

As I've said before regarding the core Dashboard widgets, I've completed most of them and they are already available for DesktopX. In fact, most of the features of Tiger (Spotlight, Dashboard...) are included in my theme - Weather widget included!

I know DesktopX is not very popular here but if you take a few minutes to learn the program you will see how powerful a tool it is and EASY it is as well.

Download my SophOS Version 4.6.9 here and see for yourself.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said before regarding the core Dashboard widgets, I've completed most of them and they are already available for DesktopX. In fact, most of the features of Tiger (Spotlight, Dashboard...) are included in my theme - Weather widget included!

I know DesktopX is not very popular here but if you take a few minutes to learn the program you will see how powerful a tool it is and EASY it is as well.

I tried this but it would not load due to to the non existant webcam feed. I read comments posted with the same problem, and all i saw for a fix was to try loading it offline. that did not work either. Have you found another way to fix that problem, all i did after was remove it :confused:

@ Sranshaft

thats the mess about having more than one application doing the same stuff (for me it is mainly emulating macos). some prefer the one, others another tool. and we have the responsibility to port it for all people ;-)

I like your work but deside several years ago to dislike desktopX (please don't ask me for reasons, forgot them all. I hadn't the time or willingness to get it another try). So I choose Konfabulator, and therefore I port stuff.

I mean, most people not just look for dashboard widgets but for them ported to a special tool (e.g. Konfab or AveDesk ...). If it would be DesktopX, your Stuff would be it.At least for me.

@all

Weather is finished...mostly.

Features:

- doubleclick to toggle forecast.

- shift+alt+doubleclick will get the demomode (switching all the available icons)

- sorry, no dropdown for the city-search results (using a popup-dialog) /maybe in v2.0

- still looking for the HelveticaNeue-Thin font for the temperature (right now it is "Helvetica Neue")

- about the fonts, don't know, if it will look well without the fonts, so make sure you have them ;-)

-- Heletica Neue

-- HelveticaNeue-Thin (if someone can help me out with this)

-- LucidaGrande

Are there really shadows for the text because I didn't found anything in the sourcecode and the screenshots aren't conclusive?

Thanks

SioSae

You will note that the thread has gone through a diet. I have removed all its CRAP.

If you guys want to continue the discussion in the thread i will set some rules right now and whoever doesnt follow them, well, theyll get their message deleted and if they continue not following them we will take actions, now - to the point.

1. Do not harrass developers (ie questions like "how is this going?", "can i have a monkey widget next?", et cetera) If your post does not contribute (bug report, resources, answering the quesitons of a dev) dont post it.

2. Keep your dramas and whining outside of the damn forums - I am not your mommy i will not take your uneducated crap; you flame, youre suspended.

3. Want to thank a developer? DONT POST ABOUT IT - USE THE THANK YOU BUTTON IN THE FIRST POST!!!!

Yes, you are thanking one guy, true. In this case devs will have to feel thanked as a group for the sake of clarity and order.

I hope i have made myself clear, now carry on with the discussion.

-------------------------

The Thread Has Been Cleaned

// Seph

alright guys, i just have one question to you...what is this quy using as a launcher for some of his widgets...because...I have most of those but I think the quit buttons are quite different from those I have. hoppefully someone knows where to get that louncher. please answer me. I long for such a widget!!!

Hi there,

here it is:

weather.png

Download it from

DeviantArt

please tell me if there are any bugs or the widget doesn't look and react like the original widget.

[edit] and because of the mod notices, it is my first ever build konfab widget, so if anyone will say thanks, please do so on the release thread :)

http

://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread....639#post286639

thanks,

SioSae

alright guys, i just have one question to you...what is this quy using as a launcher for some of his widgets...because...I have most of those but I think the quit buttons are quite different from those I have. hoppefully someone knows where to get that louncher. please answer me. I long for such a widget!!!

lol...that's Mac OS Tiger Beta...that launcher no longer exists...

you mean like it doesnt exist in a real mac??? i know that, but untill saladin (i read you gave your work on the new launcher up to him) will make the widget i would appreciate at least this one that the guy whose screenshot i posted as a thumbnail has. so please give me a link to it if you know where to get it...duckie...anyone???

hmm...thank you, i didn't know its possible to edit posts...alright i understand what it is, i just really need ome launcher for mz widgets so hopefullz saladin will make that one in a short time...thanks for all Seph...and sorry for my double posts but i dont really know about everything in here such as editin the posts.

Ok - May i suggest you read the rules?

I think it is clear for all of us that you want that widget launcher, if someone wants to make it they will make it, mentioning it in every post wont get you there quicker, and since that is not how it is on a mac, it will probably not happen.

Would you please stop advertising your thing here? make another thread if you want to do that. This is a KONFABULATOR thread, and we would like it to remain that way. Thank you.

On a side note, I may release some teaser pics of my new widget suite soon.... depending on when the konfabulator reference guide is up for v2 (actually, I'll go check now :))

Hmm.... interesting, thanks for that SioSae.

OK, well I have some exams coming up week after next, so after them I'll continue work on it. It's gonna be complete remakes of all the widgets released thusfar, all designed to be integrated perfectly with my own Dashboard. All widgets will be spawning and have animated flipsides (as well as animations for the fronts and hopefully the ripple effect if I'm feeling very ambitous). Think of what's been released so far as a tech demo and a motivation exercise :)

Also, there will be two versions: a Dashboard one with the Apple resources, and one with my own, so it can be released on the Widget Gallery. Also, there will possibly be an automatic updater, but that's less important, since this one will be tested thoroughly by many people. Oh, and I'll add a few new widgets (konfabulated spotlight, anyone?). Think of what we're lacking in Dashboard Emulation, and you get what my aims are ;)