New Spotlight clone

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build #12 is on the front page

Fixed the problem with opening files, I discovered an api that facilitates opening of files for me so I don't have to extract the info from the registry (which obviously doesn't work well). And I also changed the program icon to the spotlight icon (at least one I threw together with icondeveloper)

Ah, that explains why we don't need the .Net framework. I've got visual studio.net but don't have a copy of VB6 on my machine, so it would be tough to pitch in. I could help out with hosting capability if needed.

I'm getting the emails under each entry as well, and the drop-down menu cuts off on the right after the right end of the Spotlight box. The Show All capability is sweet... I like where this is headed!

also, i just noticed that the "close menu when i click off" option seems to no longer work. minor annoyance though, i guess.

if clicking on another window, that window will take focus but it just sends the spotlight box to the back. if i click out of it onto the desktop, stays there.

Want to use TomLapp420's Spotlight, but you use Steve Grenier's Mac OS X skin for WindowBlinds (there is no Spotlight icon in the system tray) ?

Well, here's a tip. Use the "Customize Format" feature of TClock and add 10 blank spaces to the end... that moves everything over so there's a perfect amout of space for TomLapp420's Spotlight.