[Release] Dashboard Weather Widget for Konfabulator

78 members have voted

1. 1.

• Address Book
    • Calendar
    • Flight Tracker
    • Phone Book
    • Widget Dock

I compared the widgets side-by-side, I think my font issue is just that I was used to looking at the Dashboard widget.

I did note that the degree symbol after the temperature is not in the Yahoo version, maybe it could be added? See the screenshot for the differences (Yahoo on the left, Dashboard on the right.)

weather.jpg

Hardly deal-breakers, nice if they could be tweaked; I think I have OCD. :P I love this new version! Thank you for providing it to us!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did note that the degree symbol after the temperature is not in the Yahoo version, maybe it could be added? See the screenshot for the differences (Yahoo on the left, Dashboard on the right.)

Download link has been updated it now has the degree symbols fro the hi and low.

I compared the widgets side-by-side, I think my font issue is just that I was used to looking at the Dashboard widget.

You will have to check but I think the real Dashboard Widget uses Helvetica Neue font, which is a pay font so when the Yahoo Widget was created SioSae created images for the main temp and used Arial for the rest. I could not distribute the font either but if you have the font on your system open the .kon file and replace all instances of "Arial" with "Helvetica Neue" and it should look much nearer to the original. It could be changed to use images as the main temp does but would required a lot more coding and graphic work and I already had to do more than I originally anticipated to get it to work right.

Edited by Ghostwalker
Download link has been updated it now has the degree symbols fro the hi and low.

You will have to check but I think the real Dashboard Widget uses Helvetica Neue font, which is a pay font so when the Yahoo Widget was created SioSae created images for the main temp and used Arial for the rest. I could not distribute the font either but if you have the font on your system open the .kon file and replace all instances of "Arial" with "Helvetica Neue" and it should look much nearer to the original. It could be changed to use images as the main temp does but would required a lot more coding and graphic work and I already had to do more than I originally anticipated to get it to work right.

Thanks for the degree symbols! They make it look better. I was playing with different fonts and then realized that Arial looks pretty close to Helvetica Neue if you simply remove font-weight: bold; from the .kon file.

Have a peek:

withoutbold.jpg

I think it's much truer to the original and looks better, but that's just me. (And yes, thunderstorms for the next 5 days here, *sigh*)

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that Hi: and Lo: above/below the city are missing the degree symbol as well. I'm having a slow day. Anyway, I'm pretty sure in the main.js if you add them in the single quotes, it'll fix it.

high.data = 'H: ' + object.hi + '';

lo.data = 'L: ' + object.lo + '';

Thanks!

I found an issue. Below are screenshots from Weather.com vs. AccuWeather. It's 3:30 in the afternoon here and AccuWeather is showing the night (moon) instead of the day (sun), but for just this one condition that I've seen so far, Mostly Cloudy.

weathercom.pngaccuweather.png

EDIT: I don't believe this is the widget any longer. Not long after I posted this I discovered Apple's Dashboard widget is doing the exact same thing. Seems more like an error in the AccuWeather feed data.

Edited by smajor
  • 7 months later...

Hello! Dashboard Weather Widget for Accuweather is not working anymore. It keeps saying connecting. I've seen that the website of www.accuweather.com has been changed as well. I guess the widget needs to be updated:)

Thanks for the heads up, I use Weather.com so I would not have noticed. I will contact them and find out why they have not contacted me about any changes to their api. Will post an updated widget here when I find out what is wrong.

Thanks for the heads up, I use Weather.com so I would not have noticed. I will contact them and find out why they have not contacted me about any changes to their api. Will post an updated widget here when I find out what is wrong.

I hope it will be fixed so soon because I love this widget a lot!:)

• 4 years later...