[Release] Dashboard Weather Widget for Konfabulator

78 members have voted

1. 1.

• Address Book
    • Calendar
    • Flight Tracker
    • Phone Book
    • Widget Dock

Small question, does the moon icon is showing actual moon phases for chosen place? Coz' I see differences between default weather widget in K:2 and Dashboard one. If not, plz make it because this is beautfiul function ( so I can check when I have to get out and bay at the moon... ;) )

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ghostwalker

I tried it in debug mode "print(myText.font);" and konfab always returned "Arial" and for the LucidaGrande it returned "undefined". can you try that please?

@Pedroz

yes, it is showing the right phases. you see a difference in both widgets? maybe at least a small one, thats because the moon phase images are a little bit different for some phases.

@view

link is working, I will mail it to you anyway.

by the way, unfortunately there is no way to get the information if the city you entered is on the northern or southern hemisphere out of the weather feed. So I cant set the moon phases for the southern hemisphere (which should be other than in the northern hemisphere as far as I know)

I live in Warsaw, Poland so I think it should work propely... maybe really this is a small differences... I don't know.. last night widget was working with some "problems" the temperature was other than in K:2 default one but maybe this are problems with my PC ;)

The Temperature Difference:

I decided to make a temperature conversion (like the dashboard widget is doing) instead of getting a new weather feed (like the k:2 widget will do) if the user is changing the temperature unit. so, if you choose celsius, the widget calculate from the fahrenheit to celsius, the k:2 widget gets a whole new feed with celsius data. and the results are different. maybe I will change it in the future.

SioSae

Hi,

about the differences with night and day switch and the icons. there is the same to me sometimes. and it is because i get the icon from the weather feed and switch the background color by checking the sunset/sunrise time from the weather feed with the time where the weather information was fetched. all three comes from inside the fetched data and I believe sometime it shows the moon even if the sunset isn't reached and otherwise. but anyway I will take a closer look tomorrow. as for the haze problem, sometimes there are more than one icon (sun with clouds and so one) and one icon will be layered over the other (in case of haze there is a moon with haze in the night also). maybe thats the reason why there are the sun and haze icons together.

@ghostwalker

I know why your widget sometimes doesn't update at all. if you load the widget by doubleclock on the widget-file and after that deleting the widget file from this position (folder or destop or ...) it wont update. the widget file have to stay where you have loaded it from. dont ask me why. the best is, you copy it to your widget folder and start it from there.

@pooky

are you sure your weather widget is updating (see what i mentioned to ghostwalker about the update)

@magnus wild

I take a look at the i. the best is to change it like the close button will apear and disappear. which little "o" do you mean? and finally, do you mean the shadow for the forecast?

SioSae

The accuweather dosen't seem to be always accurate in the citys where my friends and i live and there is time difference in the "last update in tooltips",it's earlier than the local time ,the time looks weird.

So i wonder ,is there tiny tiny possibility to make an alternative weather feed ,such as WEATHER.COM?

I know in that way the widget may not much like Tiger dashboard ,but it will be more powerful!

Or maybe we can just wait the service improvement of of Accuweather as the number of MAC Tiger user grows.

Again thanks for great work!

@ghostwalker

i had the same problem myself. i downloaded the widget to my desktop and started it. it woks fine. later i deleted the widget file from my desktop. the weather widget was still up in konfab but didn't update anymore. so if you delete the file from the location you loaded the widget from it wont be updating anymore.

SioSae

@gofor

after finishing the next release (flipping) I will consider the possibility to make you choose if you will get the data from accuweather of weather.com

Would be nice to do it like switching it from the backside by clicking on the logos or something like that.

SioSae

@gofor

after finishing the next release (flipping) I will consider the possibility to make you choose if you will get the data from accuweather of weather.com

Would be nice to do it like switching it from the backside by clicking on the logos or something like that.

SioSae

that would be amazing!

@gofor

SioSae

Wow,terrific you are!!!

!!there is a new version that fix a major bug showing the temperature.!!

by the way you can get a first look, how you can change the weather feed (weather.com or accuweather) on the back side. will be activated soon (almost finished it but discovered the bug this morning so I decided to fix the bug first before getting it done).

SioSae

SioSae instead of adding anything else to the backside consider adding it to context menu to open a new window for feed settings.Also I believe weather.com uses a different set of icon names not sure about that though. you could also give the choice of weather in the context menu.

yeah, you're right. the back side looks kind of overloaded right now. Maybe I will find another way. I just dont want to use the preferences dialog.

about the icon names, they are also using numbers and I did a translation to match to the icons i'm using right now.

post-3086-1118142928_thumb.jpg