[ann] eploriX - Finder Clone

Hey everybody,

I just want to give you a little update about the process of the development :)

Until now I developed exploriX with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 ... and it's a mess - you work with it for half an hour and suddendly it hangs and crashes :(

That really slows down the process...

I'm still working on it and I hope that I can get the final-release soon, so programing is much more comfortable again :)

I hope to present something new soon...

Greetings :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

No, it's not dead. I simply have no freetime for making bigger steps on it. :(

I hope that I'll have more time in the upcoming holidays.

Where am I:

I recoded most of exploriX - it's now written in C++, so there's no framework needed anymore. But that's also a little problem, because it's a whole different style of coding the app. I can't promise anything, but I hope to have the first real Beta done in November, if my time allows it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw X-Finder from leo_osx and he's done really good work so far - really amazing :)

Well, I can tell you that I'm a long way behind him. All the features he's already done on his version are only written on some sheets of paper here on my version.

I think X-Finder is a good alternative and I know that I still have much to do. But I hope that you're pleased to have at least one new allround-Finder now.

exploriX will be finished one day, I'm sure ... but not now and not here. I just have to much to do actually and I won't give up my last bit of freetime just for finishing this app, which isn't needed urgently anymore.

I'll give you all a sign, if I have some news to report on the development, but I don't know when.

Greetings and thanks for your patience ;)

Larsen

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It would be nice if people would stop bumping those very old threats.Well however I think that the development of this Finderclone stopped.I don't know if Larsen will come back and will be able to continue his work.In fact you have to remember that all this application development on Aqua -Soft,

Is supported by people who do this as sth like a hobby or spend their free time doin it.

crucius