[Release] Iblend V0.3

siwu

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For pretty good performance what kind of video card, RAM, processor speed would you need for iBlend? It's a really good program, but slows down my windows on my GeForce-2 64 MB (but it might be that I have shadows, docks, samurize, and other applications running). I was thinking of upgrading the card sometime this summer.

I have a P4 2.0 gig processor with 768 RAM.

chiasing: The problem is that a geforce2 can't accelerate alpha blending on a window above a certain size (I forgot which size exactly, something like 5xx X 6xx) as fast as when it's smaller. Which can cause a problem if you have a bunch of large windows transparent. In addition it can cause a strain on your AGP bus but I'm sure in your case it's more the limit on the video card.

Hi guys, sorry I disapeared for some times but my school projects get me so much time that I don't have for iBlend for the moment, but keep waiting, next release won't disapoint you, I hope :)

in the mean time, have a nice day :)

++ siwu

:rant: How dare you have a life outside of programming freeware for people online who you don't even know? I think you should be chain'd to your keyboard, siwu, and not be let free 'til you've turned iBlend into a fully-fledged OS;)

Reallydoe, no probs mate - take your time and get it right - I'm sure we'd all rather have something good that's late than something early that's rubbish (admittedly iBlend v0.2.9 was great, but y'know what I mean :6)

And, as always, if you want a hand, gimme a shout :)

Originally posted by chiashing@May 23 2003, 08:59 PM

smoke: I'm guessing an investment later in a GeForce FX might solve the problem.  Any good suggestions for a video card?

Could be, but from what I read it might actually be better to go with ATI. I also hate nvidia drivers. I myself think I might go with ATI for my next video card. I have the same kind of card (geforce2 64mb) as you do.

Hey HearshotKidDisaster, what version is that copy of comdlg32.ocx? Mine's 5.1.43.19... Shouldn't it also be in the %windir%/System32 directory?

Regardless, copying my current version to my System directory and re-booting didn't work either.

Also, if you could send me a copy of the file HearshotKidDisaster, that'd be cool... PM me and lemme know if you can?

Hmm... i don't see any comdlg32.ocx in my system32 directory.

my version is 6.0.81.69.

i downloaded the comdlg32.ocx because i had problems with jed717ph's Jbox.

and that seems to have fixed a lot of problems with a lot of other apps.

you can download it at the link i provided. :)

Originally posted by HearshotKidDisaster@May 26 2003, 04:14 AM

Hmm... i don't see any comdlg32.ocx in my system32 directory.

my version is 6.0.81.69.

i downloaded the comdlg32.ocx because i had problems with jed717ph's Jbox.

and that seems to have fixed a lot of problems with a lot of other apps.

you can download it at the link i provided. :)

Interesting...I don't have any issues when running iBlend v3.0 (although I will not use it until it is more of a final release-keep up the good work-Siwu!), but I do have an issue with jBox v1.3 not opening up...Hopefully per Jed717 :rolleyes: this should all be rectified with jBox 1.4...

However, just for a point of interest...my comdlg32.ocx is located in my %WinDir%/System32 Directory and my version is: 6.0.88.77

Are you both running WinXP SP1 too?

Hi everyone,

the issue with the comdlg32.ocx seems clear because v0.3 uses the Microsoft Common Dialog control (comdlg32.ocx)

but actually I though that VC++ would include it in the exe, or else that ocx would be included in windows :)

anyway thanks to HearshotKidDisaster for pointing this out :)

hope this will help :)