The moment you all have been waiting for...

Larsen2k4

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when the dev of a piece of software REQUESTS no posts about bugs in nightly builds, and then you open a thread to post bugs about nightly builds, what do you expect??

I am not arguing with RK's request nor with the decision to close my thread. I just pointed out a fact. when you limit the discussion you limit the discussion. I'm not an operator of this forum and they said they have their reasons - I repect their decision. after all, this IS a great site and resource.

As for the request thread, most of the problems I had with 0.3 were solved with 0.4, they specificly asked not to post any bugs or requests on 0.4 - which I have some questions about. I thought it only applied to those threads, so I started another and realized that I WAS WRONG.

the next person to mention C&D letters, @pple, or anything related to lawsuits and legal issues will be reported by me to the admins.

STFU already...it's old news and talking about it only brings undue attention

SO ENOUGH!

This is a 'HEY! Isn't that great' thread...not a 'piss on his parade and burst his bubble' thread.

Hooray for censorship.

i R E A L L Y like it (both the app. and the page ;) ) - though a few page comments :

1. "what is rklauncher?" - that italic text is harder on the eye when reading - i`d increase the font size to make more readable or perhaps use a different font?

2. typo - rktypo1mv.jpg

the first line should read "Shortcut to new applications" instead of "shotcut...".

3. don`t know if it`s on purpose - but these internal radials

rktypo24bk.jpg

seem not to match the external ones.

4. only a suggestion - though the "free download" but is pretty visible and obvious, a slightly heavier shadow or outline would make it more "noticeable" from my experience.

all in all i think this page is a terrific upgrade to the "old" one and definitely deserves a BIG thumbsup! (and i hope my remarks/suggestions have not come across the wrong way - only my humble opinion).

can`t wait for the release.

p.s

Posted by: Raduking

Friday, Month xx, 200x

is this a teaser, i mean should we be expecting something today ;P (kidding ofcourse).

Yes, I notice things like that.. hehehe, I haven't gotten around to redo the tabs again, the radials that is.

Yea, before we launch the site, I'd make sure all typos/gramatical errors will be fixed! (I didn't write those).

You are right about the italics, that doesn't look right/good, so I will leave it at its original state!

What I 've been suggested is that to get people to understand that this is a windows application, so I probably should stick a windows logo there somewhere... Hmmm.. ;)

the "aladdin lamp effect" is ready ;)

so is the version 0.4 Beta ;) tomorrow evening or the day after tomorrow I will release it :)

there are still a lot of things to implement but that will be only in version 0.5

You are a God and you will be remembered Mr.Raduking !Thanks a lot for all the efforts ;)

so is the version 0.4 Beta ;) tomorrow evening or the day after tomorrow I will release it :)

there are still a lot of things to implement but that will be only in version 0.5

Man, man, man... that's the best news I've heard all week :D Really I don't think I can wait that long tho... :P

Just wanted to know if there are gonna be "ShowSensitivity" and "DisappearDelayTime" options?

Those are easy to implement and much more essential then aladdins.

Thanks

You might want to know this:

In the real dock, when the window pops up from the dock, it goes slightly higher than where it's supposed to go then comes back down to give it an "elastic" effect. They also stretch vertically during the effect. Which does not happen in your video. Also, the windows are re-updated when they pop up. (Or, as they pop up, using the window compositing engine... wanna try dll-injection?)

Just a suggestion for you to improve the effect.

Another thing, have you thought about the Exposé implementation? Don't worry too much about that one, it can wait until future future future versions ;)