RK Launcher 0.4 Beta

raduking

i have downloaded rk launcher 0.4 beta and downlaoded thegenie effect dll files also .i have pasted thegenie effect folder in plugins folder as told but still i'm not getting the genie effect as option in the behaviour tab .i can see oonly the scale effect option in that. i have windows xpsp2 direct x9c and nividia get force 2 mx 4000 card with 512 mb ram

what else i can do to get the effect .i was getting genie effect on the same configuration with object dock .5 version b whch was released long time back

DLL IS INDSIDE THE FOLDER ONLY RKLAUNCHER>PLUGINS>GENIEEFFECT>.DLL

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have downloaded rk launcher 0.4 beta and downlaoded thegenie effect dll files also .i have pasted thegenie effect folder in plugins folder as told but still i'm not getting the genie effect as option in the behaviour tab .i can see oonly the scale effect option in that. i have windows xpsp2 direct x9c and nividia get force 2 mx 4000 card with 512 mb ram

what else i can do to get the effect .i was getting genie effect on the same configuration with object dock .5 version b whch was released long time back

did you paste the file, or the entire folder? the .dll has to be inside a folder

hehehe, the thing is I will try to test the genie on my friend's nvidia and I will try to fix it.

I dunno how much it will take...

I even think of making the aladdin effect open-source... maybe some of the DirectX geeks will solve the problem faster than me :)

Thanks for looking into it. I'm using the genie effect, but sparingly. I'll probably just revert back to the standard until the timing issues get ironed out.

I have a Pentium D 2.8, ATI Radeon x800xl, 2gb RAM, and XP MCE, the effect is slow as sin for me. I know only the minimize effect has been implimented, but when I click minimize, there is a 2-4 second lag, then an incredibly choppy but fast genie effect. I don't see how this is any better than some of the tech demos out years ago, especially since it won't run well on my machine.

I don't see why people are having problems with the Alladin effect.

It runs smooth and fast for me.

The only problem is that the title bar on the window seems to have a short trail behind it.

Consider yourself lucky that it's running fine :), most Nvidia users are currently having problems with this, whereas it's running fine for nearly all Ati users. Raduking is currently looking into this :Prays:

Even more weirdness from here.

I'm also going to put this in the bugs thread, but this has a lot more posts so I'll have it here too.

Anyways, whenever I minimized a window such as Firefox or iTunes with the Alladin effect enabled, the side to the right window turns black and stays there even after the effect is done. The only way to get rid of it is by taking a window and dragging and dropping it on the area until it's done.

Also I've read that effect is extremely slow when that there is one window on the desktop, but mine works like it showed in the video without a problem. I start having problems with it being extremly slow when I have the minimizing window overlap another window while it's in the effect.

It's because OS X renders the entire GUI in OpenGL, which is why the windows have no tearing (because of it uses buffering), the effects are possible without taxing the system, and why it has all those pretty piece of eye candy (the stay in place scrollbar texture for example.)

At least that is my understanding.