RK Launcher 0.4 - DOCKLETs BUG REPORT

raduking

Albeik's Weather 0.51 docklet does not work properly with the latest RK Launcher 0.41 beta build 111 (nightly build) and the same problem appears with the latest regular build 0.4 beta 186.

The problem is that while docklet technically works, it doesn't update weather information automatically. You have to right click on the docklet icon and choose "Update Information" every time you want to see the current weather update, otherwise you are stuck on the same display you get when you first run RK launcher.

This problem did not occur with the earlier RK Launcher 0.4 Beta 149 that I was using for a while.

Here's the URL to this docklet:

http://www.dockex.com/index.php?pageId=docklets&dkview=8

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raduking, so you are using the nightly build that you have linked here, and the weather auto-updates? Hmmm, that's really weird... I've been using that weather docklet for days now with the latest RKLauncher nightly build, and it never auto updated, but whenever I try to use it with the old RKLAuncher Beta 149, the docklet works perfectly fine :

Maybe there are some registry parameters that docklet is using that I should delete and start anew so that it properly recognizes the new RK build? Or maybe it's the ZoneAlarm? But the ZA is active while I use the old build too.

A bug with the latest trashcan fixed 4.1:

iTunes docklet will not save settings (i.e. leftclick launch, show albumart, change icon)

A bug with all versions of Rkdock:

1. Open itunes using the docklet (left click)

2. Click the same itunes docklet to hide itunes, click again to open, etc

3. Watch little black minimised itunes previews amalgamate in the dock.

I am having problems getting firefox to downsize to rklaunchers dock. This has never happened before, but as soon as I updated to the new version of firefox 1.5, this started happening. Any ideas why? I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if I had done something wrong, but it still doesnt work.

I looked through that thread and it doesn't say how to fix it. A lot of people just went back to 1.0.7, and I don't think that is an option for me, because when I tried to do that, the program got really screwed up. All pages are just plain text and no pictures and none of the tabs or buttons work. It is really wierd. If anyone could just explain the solution here, that would really help me. Also that link you put down, wasn't right. It was a link to sunsystems.

I looked through that thread and it doesn't say how to fix it. A lot of people just went back to 1.0.7, and I don't think that is an option for me, because when I tried to do that, the program got really screwed up. All pages are just plain text and no pictures and none of the tabs or buttons work. It is really wierd. If anyone could just explain the solution here, that would really help me. Also that link you put down, wasn't right. It was a link to sunsystems.

Download the latest nightly build. That doesn't have this problem. For me it had other problems though, so I went back to the 0.4 beta.I'm eagerly awaiting a new version but til then I'll have to live with firefox not minimizing to the dock.

With the latest bêta (4.11), some of the reported bugs of this Winamp Docklet have been fixed, but not those concerning the scrool wheel and the scroll button.

Expected behavior :

- When scrolling on the docklet, the next (or previous) track should be played

- When clicking with the scroll wheel on the docklet, Winamp should pause (or play) the current track.

Current behavior (v4.11 bêta) :

- Nothing

With the latest bêta (4.11), some of the reported bugs of this Winamp Docklet have been fixed, but not those concerning the scrool wheel and the scroll button.

Expected behavior :

- When scrolling on the docklet, the next (or previous) track should be played

- When clicking with the scroll wheel on the docklet, Winamp should pause (or play) the current track.

Current behavior (v4.11 bêta) :

- Nothing

This is just FYI but winamp afaik delivers subpar audio quality compared to itunes and wmp10. Not to start a flame war or anything, but I've done some research and managed to see black and white difference between itunes using sound enhance/wmp10 using srs trubass and winamp. Using quality speakers or headphones the bass response difference is obvious.

But a lot of people still use it.

Actually I'm using Winamp more for its interface (with an iTunes_mini skin) and the multiple input plugins (for N64 or SNES sounds) than for the sound quality, but thanks for the info, I'll have a better look at this problem.

And the scroll wheel system of the Winamp Docklet below is really cool, you can control everything with just on click ; it would be so cool if RKLauncher could handle this !

• 1 month later...
The system tray OD docklet doesn't work.

DL link:

http://www.wincustomize.com/download.aspx?...=29&SkinID=3916

Please help as this is the only thing that prevents me from using this magnificent software on a daily basis.

Fixed all problems for docklets posted so far except:

Task Docklet v0.2

and drag to recycle when locked

Hey, the System Tray Dock appears on the Launcher but doesn't show any (tray) icon :(

Kkmenu (for Objectdock and Y'zDock) doesn't work.

It doesn't seem to have a .dll file, I think it is a bit unconventional kind of Docklet.

link: http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...D=29&comments=1

the Weather 0.5.1 docklet is NOT working anymore if you install Internet Explorer 7. It seem it doesn't like the browser upgrade :P

I shows no internet connection

I know a guy named Haitham Al-Beik made this docklet, but it's not updated since 2004... if anyone knows him or still talk to him... that would be nice to update this very nice docket to work with future version of windows and software :)

the Weather 0.5.1 docklet is NOT working anymore if you install Internet Explorer 7. It seem it doesn't like the browser upgrade :P

I shows no internet connection

I know a guy named Haitham Al-Beik made this docklet, but it's not updated since 2004... if anyone knows him or still talk to him... that would be nice to update this very nice docket to work with future version of windows and software :)

I found a little fix for this... I edited the .ini of this docklet and changed the prefered browser to firefox. it works now :)

www.dockex.com

Haitham's site. He's a pretty cool guy.

-NC

Ohhh! I didn't know that his was his site :) thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody tried yzDropFolder (http://www.dockex.com/index.php?pageId=docklets&dkview=30) yet? I just found it and it works great...until you have to stop and restart RK Launcher. Looks like the docklet's settings are not being remembered.

In particular, the docklet has "Docklet Args1" and "Docklet Args2" which is where you specify what folder the docklet should use, but they are blank the next time I start RK Launcher.

Anyone know how to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Well i found this a while back is a kkmenu docklet(not exe) i think its the last freeware version of the docklet. it has a few bugs that i have ran into but it seems to work good. the only problem is for some reason rklauncher doesn't want to rememeber what menu was selected for the docklet.

ive have 3 menus going on my docklet when i set it up its fine. but when i restart rklauncher all the menus default to the first menu in the ini file.

edit:

kkmenu is now freeware

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=33710

but now the icon goes missing now.

Hi there raduking,

First, my hat goes off to the work you've done on RK Launcher.

Now, I've recently released a small OD iTunes docklet

(see http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=33236 )

As it turns out it's not really fully functional under RKL. It works just fine in ObjectDock.

The docklet handles some WM_* messages through the OnProcessMessage() OD

callback. I was wondering whether you're passing those through.

The other thing is that DockletSetImage() does not seem to be working. However, both DockletSetImageOverlay() and DockletSetImageFile() act as expected. I'm not sure what to make of this, but maybe you have some clues on how to go around this, or whether I'm doing something wrong or not?

Thanks.

I found a little fix for this... I edited the .ini of this docklet and changed the prefered browser to firefox. it works now :)

I still can't get that Weather 0.51 docklet to work properly with the latest RKLauncher build (both the nightly build and latest regular release) even though I don't have IE7 installed, and I have set Firefox as the default browser in the Weather docklet INI file. No matter what I do, the docklet won't auto-update weather info. I always have to update it manually. This alone has me falling back on the old RKLauncher 0.4 beta 149 (where it works fine) over and over again, and I've been testing every update released after it :( It's just that Weather 0.51 seems to be the only docklet that works with RKlauncher, that would display the weather information if you live outside of US.

I'm gonna try installing the latest nightly build of RKlauncher at work and see if it's something about my computer that is making problems here.

I think I have *finally* pin-pointed the Weather 0.51` docklet bug in latest few RK Launcher builds. I have also figured out why the author of RK Launcher couldn't replicate the bug!

Basically, the Weather 0.51 docklet WILL NOT auto-update it's weather display if you set RK Launcher to Automatically hide! That's how I keep it all the time because I don't want it to constantly overlay anything on my desktop, but I know that many people keep it visible at all times. If you keep it visible, the weather auto updates fine, but if you set it to auto-hide, you have to update weather manually every time you want to see it.

I have confirmed this to be the case on my home computer, and the ofice computer. They both run Windows XP SP2. I hope raduking can fix this, especially because it used to work fine in an older build :)