RK Launcher 0.4 - DOCKLETs BUG REPORT

raduking

I was looking for a mail checker for RK Launcher.

MailCheck 2.3.0 shows just a blank icon (even after I change the new/no new mail icons, it becomes blank after a while) and MAPI Email Notifier v2 0.9.6 simply crashes RK Launcher.

I found both docklets in www.dockex.com

Any help on these docklets, or any other mail docklet to check?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely sure why, but I'm running the latest nightly, and it seems like 75% of the docklets I'm trying aren't working. iCal isn't working, AlarmClock isn't work (these are 2 which I only found because others said they use it with RKLauncher..), not sure whats going on there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use a WinAmp docklet designed for Y'z Dock, and while it functions correctly while WinAmp is open, it will not launch WinAmp like it is supposed to, or pop up a dock properties dialogue. I changed the location of my WinAmp installation in the docklet's configuration file, and I also tried an installation of it where the original configuration pointed to (after changing it back), just in case the configuration file isn't actually useful, to no avail.

So now if you aren't totally confused, I'd just like to be able to launch WinAmp like the docklet should be able to. It's located here:

http://www.dockex.com/index.php?pageId=doc...age=1&dkview=36

• 3 weeks later...
:

kkmenu is now freeware

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=33710

but now the icon goes missing now.

When RKLauncher saves it's settings it uses forward slashes (/) when it should use backslashes ().

The problem with that is / are usually used in web addresses, and tend to be used when viewing files on the computer, therefore the computer can get confused and not show things correctly.

I hope this helps.

With today's latest Nightly Build, does it resolve the issue with the ObjectDock Tray (http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...D=3916&LibID=29)? I've been using ObjectDock for a few days and just came across RK Launcher yesterday - it seems much faster than OD and clearly uses less resources. The only thing that's really stopping me from using RK Launcher is not having System Tray support.

I'm at work right now and won't be home until later this evening, so I won't be able to test the new release until then - would somebody be able to give it a shot and see if the ObjectDock Tray is working?

Thanks!

To update on my end, the system tray docklet still does not work. So frustrating! RK Launcher is such a cool, sleek, and light program... it just needs this *one thing* to really be totally useful...

(by the way, don't take that as bitterness towards the dude who makes the program. I could never create a program like this, and I know it can't be easy - it's not frustrating that "he isn't doing it" or something, just frustrating that it seems like the only thing left to round off this great program.)

Hello

I dont know if I am supposed to post in this thread

My problem lie with not the application working just seeing it

my process is in the task manager but no visual signs that it is there

Window Xp sp2

256 ram

current disk space -4.2 gigs

Do you need more info I am completely lost it was working just fine when I installed the Tiger Tranformation Pack with the VlT stuff pack with RK launcher installed I now have two RK launchers on my disk is that a problem and it loads with Startup

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your launcher is great, works really well and I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into it. I have a little bug. When I startup my computer the launcher loads twice, one on top of the other. No big crisis as I just have to close one down but how do I stop this?

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been messing around with SysStats (sysstats.jools.net, www.dockex.com) and some of the widgets that are designed for it at the same sites in both RKLauncher and ObjectDock. Specifically, the MSN Status widget from sysstats.jools.net and the ScrollingWeather widget from the SysStats Pack at www.dockex.com.

Both apps work in ObjectDock, but there are a dozen reasons I prefer RK Launcher. The general problem seems to be handling of mouse messages, but it could just be a messed up z-order. It seems that the more overlays and controllers a widget uses, the higher the odds that the overlay that needs focus doesn't get the mouse message to its controller.

The MSN status widget is supposed to launch Messenger on leftbuttondown. The scrolling weather widget is supposed to launch the weather.com site on double click. It is also supposed to fade in scrolling arrows on mousemove, the image for the widget is a three-pane scrolling overlay.

I tried to use the Aladdin's Lamp Effect, but everytime I minimize a window I get this message: "Error Creating Direct3D Device". What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance. Is this because of my computer or the rk launcher?

And also.. I was wondering if there is a way that the bounce effect of the rk launcher could be more similar to the original mac os effect? Thanx again Radu.