RK Launcher 0.4 - FEATURE REQUESTS

raduking

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just discovered RKLauncher and i must say that I'm surprised that there is a new dock of high quality that is in development, so that ican post some feature requests. ;)

I still prefer Y'z Dock because of one feature that isn't implemented in no other dock yet. Every dock has the socalled flyout-menus when you hold down the leftclick: the submenu of a certain folder appears. But only Y'z Dock can be used as a very light explorer. So let this be my fature request!

Here is a list of the features that are realized in Y'z Dock:

1. The submenus of links are shown (already wished here). So it would be easy to create virtual folders by collecting some links inside a folder.

2. A doubleclick on a folder inside a submenu opens the folder inside Windows Explorer.

3. The most important feature of Y'z Dock in my eyes: For every folder and file inside the submenus you have access to the shellmenu!! So it is possible to delete, rename, move or copy folders and files just with Y'z Dock. Also you can send your music to Winamp or another player.

This funcionality could be completed:

1. In the dock items properties an option to set if the Windows Explorer or the submenu is opened (A leftclick is nicer for me than holding down the leftclick to open the submenu)

2. The possibilty to filter filetypes and to sort inside submenus.

3. The possibility to show thumbnails inside the submenus: Perfect for folders that contain pictures.

Have a nice day! :)

When:

AlwaysOnTop=Disabled

AutomaticallyHide=Disabled

Would be nice if the margin hotspot would bring it to the top temporarily.

The net effect is that applications are not overlayed by the launcher, but when the desktop is visible, so is the launcher.

Let me know if this needs more clarification.

i'm very well aware that it works without the lock. the latter part of my first comment was referring to when the dock is unlocked, and again, "it's really annoying (for lack of a better word) to try and "catch" the trash binto drag a file to it and delete it"

also.. what would be nice is a feature to turn off the dock's context menu for dock items. It's nice to have when you're trying to set ll the dock items up, but once they're done, the context menu for customization isn't necessary.. (dock item properties, keep in dock, never show in dock, and exit) i think "exit" would be best suited for just the seperator menu..

overall i just think it would be nice to just have options/check boxes for all of this, so we all can customize this to our own needs, as well as making it look and function as close to the apple dock as possible.

thank you

I already noticed that in the 0.5 release it will be possible to open a file through dropping it on an icon in the dock that represents a program. It would make me happy if then we also could drop a file on a icon inside a submenu that is full of programs.

Let me give an example: I drag a file and hold it over an icon for a folder and the submenu opens(an option in "dockitems properties" to be checked to allow this). Then i drop the file over an icon in the submenu and the file gets open in the choosen program.

For me that is the perfect launcher! :)

Firstly great app.

Secondly I know this has been asked before but I doesn't seems to be answered I'd love to see tabs added to the bar, I think this a VERY tall order, but if you don't ask you done get. ;)

What's the chances of this being added in the near future??

Cheers

mps69

Okay, I have a suggestion too:

Maybe there could be a folder in the RKLauncher-icons directory thats called something like "autoassociate".

Now what I want it to do is the following:

Once you for example open Microsofts Word you will notice the icon being blurry (on default doc size - 128px height) this must be for the reason that there is no 128x128px icon included. Now I was thinking it would be cool, if in that case RKLauncher could check the "autoassociate"-folder and look for an icon called winword and use this instead of the default icon. It would choose the applications new icon based on its start-files (exe) name. Okay, I admit it there would be the same icon if there were two applications called "firefox.exe", but still.

This would also add the ability to RKLauncher to have icon-sets.

Okay, I have a suggestion too:

Maybe there could be a folder in the RKLauncher-icons directory thats called something like "autoassociate".

Now what I want it to do is the following:

Once you for example open Microsofts Word you will notice the icon being blurry (on default doc size - 128px height) this must be for the reason that there is no 128x128px icon included. Now I was thinking it would be cool, if in that case RKLauncher could check the "autoassociate"-folder and look for an icon called winword and use this instead of the default icon. It would choose the applications new icon based on its start-files (exe) name. Okay, I admit it there would be the same icon if there were two applications called "firefox.exe", but still.

This would also add the ability to RKLauncher to have icon-sets.

Since RKDock is ObjectDock compatible, it should be compatible in that point as well and allow for a seamless switch!

Since RKDock is ObjectDock compatible, it should be compatible in that point as well and allow for a seamless switch!

Would you mind explaining it to me a little further, please? I am just not familiar with ObjectDock, so an explaination of how it works there would be kind.

1) add a "show desktop" button i.e. minimize all windows

2) could you have programs show up with "show new applications" that are

already in the launcher? for instance i have firefox in there, but when

i open it up it doesn't appear on the right side with the currently

running programs.

3) also, when systray icons are shown, could "running" them be disabled

from rk launcher. there's really no need for them to be clickable when

they're already running.

4) also can you have the program periodically check the systray and update

whatever icons is necessary, i.e. the gmail notifier program will change

colors when you have mail, maybe have it do the same thing in RK

launcher?