raduking

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great dock app. Almost as good as mobydock, imo. I would like to see a smarter minimize. If the dock icon I clicked is minimized, maximize it. If it's maximized and doesn't have focus, focus it. else, minimize it (if it's maximized and has focus).

I have a very little request, it's about the Show in Explorer Menu, recently added in the nighlt build.

It works very nice, but i'd like to be able to control the msec of mouse pressure on the icon, i mean the delay between the begin of the mouse click and the menu pop-up, because now it takes about 1/2 sec.

:D

I don't think this is really a feature request, I was about to put it in the bug report thread, but this seemed more appropriate. When iTunes is minimized to the dock, the song in the description doesn't change to reflect the song currently being played. What I mean is that it doesn't change. It just shows the title of whatever song was playing when the iTunes window was minimized. I'll show you a screenshot:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4281/itunesproblemig4.jpg

I hope this can be changed, thanks.

thanks for this release....

would be nice to be able to click on Icon, firefox, launches thebrowser, then later you hit the desktop icon, then from the RK-Launcher, if the browser is open, hit the firefox icon so that I wll give focus to firefox and not open another window ...

thanks

Just check the "same istance" box on the firefox link in rklauncher :P

Major props for the moment.. then..

I'd like it so the dock, when its un-magnifying (for want of a better word), RK doesn't take focus. Example: when emptying recycle bin, the dialogbox pops up and when I go to click it RK takes focus so the dialogbox goes behind another window if there's any there. Hope you understand. Keep up the good work!

thanks for this release....

would be nice to be able to click on Icon, firefox, launches thebrowser, then later you hit the desktop icon, then from the RK-Launcher, if the browser is open, hit the firefox icon so that I wll give focus to firefox and not open another window ...

thanks

It's possible to do this by right clicking your Firefox icon and goto Dock Item Properties.

Then check the box Same Instance.

Hope that helps.

-Z

1) Forgive me if someone has suggested this, or if you are tired of reading "forgive me", but i have been pimping this program to my friends saying that my pc is a mac now. However, there is one small bit of animation missing to make the doc a complete experience of the mac. When you minimize the window on a mac is shrinks in a weird way into the dock. I'm sure you know what i am talking about so I'm not going to go into any bizarre descriptions of what i mean.

2) And it would also be nice to put some more control on the "bounce effect" when a window has an action on it. In addition to how many times it bounces, it would be cool if you can set it to keep bouncing until the pc user clicks on it. Otherwise if something happens on aim while you are away from your computer you have to max up all of the minimized programs to see if something happened. Or just make it default for instant messengers and email (outlook for example) to keep bouncing if you get a new reply to one of your im's or a new email.

Great product by the way! I am very impressed with ease of use and the quality of the features for something that is still in beta. Keep up the great work guys!

1) Forgive me if someone has suggested this, or if you are tired of reading "forgive me", but i have been pimping this program to my friends saying that my pc is a mac now. However, there is one small bit of animation missing to make the doc a complete experience of the mac. When you minimize the window on a mac is shrinks in a weird way into the dock. I'm sure you know what i am talking about so I'm not going to go into any bizarre descriptions of what i mean.

It's called Genie Effect, you can get it here

Raduking! Remember me? :D

The icons are still jumpy in the Nightly... And I'd really like to see it limit maximization of windows. :)

And man, the latest Rockdetdock is fast and has really smooth animations! Quite a bit faster than RK, in fact! A faster engine would really be appreciated. :)

Okay, this time, a REAL feature request. Just like in the Mac, I'd like RK to show icons of new apps when they're opened, and remove the icon when they are closed. This should only apply to windowed apps, so it won't go berserk like the current show new apps functionality.

An addition to that concept to improve usability would be to add a "Pin to dock" option to these dynamically created apps, to permanently add the item to the dock. :)

EDIT: Also, a faster scale effect would be appreciated. =]

An addition to that concept to improve usability would be to add a "Pin to dock" option to these dynamically created apps, to permanently add the item to the dock. :)

Try right clicking and selecting "Keep in dock"

EDIT: Also, a faster scale effect would be appreciated. =]

Faster? My computer shows it perfectly fine, and it's just a bare-bones Dell Insprion 1000 Laptop.