[link] iTunes 6.0.1 out/MP 2.2 still works

Apple released i-Tunes 6.0.1 today. You need to run the Multi-Plugin 2.2 setup again to uninstall it, then run it again to re-install. All your skins will still be there. I just noticed today that i-Tunes 6.0 broke my i-pod. The i-pod wouldn't play a lot of my music- the player would just skip the songs by itself, sometimes several at a time until it found a track it was able to play. I installed 6.0.1 and re-synced, now everything is well again.

MP 2.2 (once you re-install it) seems to be working fine, as well as the new Milk skin.

I think what pisses most of us off is a big company like Apple rushing software out the door without properly testing it. Specificaly when it can have adverse affects on it's target products that cost users real money.

Steve is in such a hurry to be first with everything, the quality control at Apple is starting to take a hit.

Edit: Starting to sound like another company we all know.

I think what pisses most of us off is a big company like Apple rushing software out the door without properly testing it. Specificaly when it can have adverse affects on it's target products that cost users real money.

Steve is in such a hurry to be first with everything, the quality control at Apple is starting to take a hit.

Edit: Starting to sound like another company we all know.

Well to be honest i'm not sure what's the point of 6.01 cause i didn't hear about major bugs in 6.0 to begin with. If that was the case i'd agree with you, but since it wasn't i wouldn't start comparing Apple to MS (yet).

However it's undeniable they are rushing things a bit, althogh IMHO, without compromising (much) on quality.

OTOH if i was still on dial up, i know i'd be pissed :P

I know Apple cares about quality, but there is a distubing trend that is starting with them.

Let's hope they spot it before they become the very thing they've been trying to beat.;)

Amen to that brother. That is why i fear the all-mighty marketshare >.<

The higher it gets, the more money they get and we all knows what happens when people have too much money and too little motivation >.<

Amen to that brother. That is why i fear the all-mighty marketshare >.<

The higher it gets, the more money they get and we all knows what happens when people have too much money and too little motivation >.<

Hallelujah! :P

What pisses me off, is Apple has yet to develop an actual update system. Why can't they just ask you to update, it downloads the files it needs, and replaces the current ones. Why? WHY?! I mean it's not like they need to reregister components or update the registry, it's just the files. There is NO reason someone should need to download another 30mb file for minor updates. Unless they had to update EVERY file included, it just isn't necessary.

Come on Apple, you're resourceful. You've designed operating systems and even hardware. You're considered the most innovative company in the world. Why can't you design some type of update or patch system?

Come on Apple, you're resourceful. You've designed operating systems and even hardware. You're considered the most innovative company in the world. Why in can't you design some type of update or patch system?

Dear Apple, please read the quoted post :P

...and untill apple do said system, i'll stick to the major releases of itunes...

@flyakite--Interesting point, but I think Apple utilized the same idea for the Windows iTunes as they did on the Mac iTunes: a single package file that contains as many of the necessary elements as possible. If you look at the file size of the iTunes release, it's probably around 10 MB. This isn't the greatest comparison, as the different file systems make it kind of hard to describe, but I feel like they stuck a lot of resources/stuff in the main iTunes.exe file

Though a 10 MB update is an improvement over the 30 MB package, it's still rather large.

Nice idea, though...I wonder how Apple would implement it.

;)

-NC

P.S: If I'm not coherent or this post doesn't make sense, it's because it's late!