RK Launcher v0.4 - BUG REPORTS

raduking

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using the new version of RK Launcher since it came out, but just a few minutes ago i noticed my computer would stall for a second and then go back to normal.

It did this around every 6 seconds or so and in the task manger it showed the CPU time going up to 60% for RK Launcher whenever the stalls occoured.

Now I can't even use it.

I'll try restarting my computer again though.

Mozilla 1.7.5

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217

two problems exist with the rklauncher as it relates to mozilla.

1. Often times, when a mozilla window is minimized to the rklauncher bar, it will not be removed from the windows application bar.

this behavior is inconsistent.

2. when restoring a mozilla window from the rklauncher bar, it will disappear from the bar but not appear in the application bar (window list). it will remain off screen and will not be accessible except by retrieving it through the alt-tab function.

i can reproduce both these bugs regularly. Even the inconsistent #1 can be reproduced often if the test is excercised often.

bug 1: when I have magnification off and auto-hide on, the dock enters the screen really slowly... compared to if i turn on magnification on, it enters the screen MUCH faster

bug 2: (exists in rk 0.3 as well) with auto-hide on, oftentimes the text label does not appear when my mouse is over the dock... about 50% of the time

Thanks for such a great program!

Both fixed in v4.1!! THanks so much!

don't know if it has been posted before...

First, minimize iTunes (using mplugin by loc[a]lhost) to the rkluncher,

then active iTunes by alt+tab, you will get an iTunes window "unthemed", i mean it looks like iTunes without mplugin.

(menu appears again, maximize, minimize, and close button goes back to the upper right hand side)

________

EDITED

for no reason at all, it works well again.

I think somebody must have spotted this bug before me but if not here goes.

When you run over the .png's in magnification mode. the .png at the very end, i.e. the "least" magnified; just as it jumps to it's original unmagnified state it "jerks" about 10 pixels.

It ruins it a little.

;)

Great dock man.

PPS: Please, please focus on Mac 1:1 ness before you add rainbow colours or whatever else people request.

I don't get it, when I select for opened programs to appear on the dock, when I change the icon that appears it won't save!

I.e.

1. Select "show new applications" from the behaviour menu.

2. Open msn messenger.

3. Change the ugly icon that appears on the "right" side of the dock into a nice aqua one.

4. Quit msn messenger and watch the icon go away.

5. Now relaunch it and say hello to the ugly icon.

Is there a way to get this to work right?

So frustrating! Something so simple doesn't work!

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or not, or just the way you minimize windows to the dock, but when I allow RKLauncher to grab the minimized windows, alt-tabbing to those windows no longer works.

WinXP Pro

AMD 3200+

1.25 GB ram

edit: my 250th post!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS

the alt+tab function and the restoring the minimized applications does not work from other programs (explorer taskbar, objectbar, objectdock)

:-/

as far as I know, When you minimize to RK launcher it actually just moves it off screen. when you alt+tab to one of them you actually are focused on the window you wanted, except it's off screen.

either click it on the dock to maximize or alt+space to access the window menu and move it or restore it.

I would like to use the normal way 4 restoring the windows. ..btw, some applications do not have the alt+space menu (have it disabled)

I knew about the offscreen position of the windows. I would suggest to rename the option from "minimize" to "put aside".

:)