AveDesk 1.3

AndreasV

Thanks AVE.

I have my AveDesk running and configured. What may happens if i do this change? It will transfer my Config automaticaly from APPDATA do AveDesk root or i will have to do it manualy? I will lose my config?

(I guess that, after making this change, i can forget about having to copy the files into Aplication Data too?).

EDIT: I´ve tested... lost any config. Avedesk opened like first time (Tutorial and everything). I´ve tried to drag all files from "Application Data/Avedesk" to "Program FilesAveDesk" but to no avail.

Where should i put those files?

EDIT2: I´ve put inside "Program FilesAvedeskSettings" and loaded the theme... everything smooooooth here.

THANKS AVE!!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep getting the following warning when I try to run the AVE installer:

" The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)."

Is there another site to download from?

AdverseYaw

I keep getting the following warning when I try to run the AVE installer:

" The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)."

Is there another site to download from?

AdverseYaw

I just redownloaded it, ran the installer and installed AveDesk 1.3 on my C: Drive. The installer is working fine here and I haven't heard of anyone else having any trouble with it. Try redownloading it. :slant:

WTF did I really add that? :P.

Anyways, you need to update MS XML: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en .

I did download the update from ms. I think you are refering to .aveinst files not working. Which they didn't before I downloaded the update. But now they work fine.

My original post concerns the nsis installer for AveDesk 1.3 that kgraphic created and posted. That is what I am having trouble with.

Adverseyaw

No. You need to go download it and install manually, at least I know I did, even though I was all the way updated.

Hi ppoppe,

ok thanks as I will go ahead and D/L the files, but am sort-of-confused (pardon the ignornace), but are these files needed only if one is going to utilize the AveDesk1.3 SDK?

I initially thought that they would help assist in the 'overall workings' of general AveDesk1.3 operation...lol?

@andreas:

avefont8tg.gif

im using the area04 theme and ave desk 1.3. area04 uses a font 'arial special g1' which you can see it in the 'crap' name.

windows shows its jaggy (no clear type) and ave shows it smoothed (aa). How can i make avedesk to show it as windows? (so all the desktop looks the same).

With the line NoAntiAliasFonts=true (in the settings_overrides.ini) (tried the four arial flavours insalled).

avefont26tf.gif

thanks in advance for your time. Much respect.

aniba!.

What you experience is the difference between old-skool GDI rendering and GDI+ rendering.

GDI+ rendering is different in some aspects: it's 100% alpha-blended, resolution independant and is using a different clear-typing/smoothing algorithm.

The problem is that on small points, it looks a bit vague. My solution is always to use the fontstyle bold, to make it a bit easier for the smoother.

To answer your question: there is no way to make the label look exactly like Windows' icon label, until I get around to implement GDI rendering.