AveDesk 1.3 Bug report thread

Unbeliever

Bug description: Adding a PidlShortcut via: Control Panel's Menubar: Desklets->add.. and clicking on the top level PidlShortcut entry on the left side of the "Add Desklet" Window, then clicking the "Add Item" button, causes the Default Desklet to appear but as a "AveDesk Tutorial" Desklet. This does not seem right.

That's because the settings of the latest removed desklets are saved and re-used when re-creating the desklet (not a skin). Clear %APPDATA%/AveDesk/Defaults .

The (already opened) Control Panel remains minimized on the taskbar and for all outward appearances, nothing happens. One might think that something went wrong.

Threading bug :) nice catch.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I thought I would use the "method" described in the first post:

Bug description: Laggy window dragging, major CPU usage.

Windows Version: Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP2 and latest updates

DirectX version: 9.0c

System specs: Athlon64 3200+ | 1.25 GB DDR RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB w/ Catalyst 5.11

Desklets running: Any

Steps to reproduce: Drag window (firefox is really bad for it) over the desktop and cpu usage rises dramatically and the window dragging becomes very very laggy.

Like I mentioned, not sure it's a bug, but for me it is an annoyance. And if it helps, AveDesk 1.2 DID NOT do this, it ran VERY VERY smoothly on my pc, so I don't know what's up.

Bug description: When a label is rotated part of it becomes invisible

Items involved: PIDL shortcut to USB drive I:

Windows Version: Windows XP Home SP2

System specs:Pentium M 1.5ghz, 512mb of DDR RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: Ati Mobility Radeon 9600 Turbo with 128mb of RAM

Desklets running: PIDL, Notes

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a PIDL shortcut

2. Set the PIDL shortcut to a removable drive.

3. Setup Label settings as per the image below

Untitled.jpg

Side note: What does that Top Down Check box do? Every time I check it the label text just dissapears.

Hello, i havent double klick on the CD-Rom Button on the Desk but everytime when i open a pic from desktop or i save one to it the AveDesk stress with this answer:

avedeskfehler1jb.jpg

I have this Problem with all Versions. I have update the 1.1 with 1.2 and 1.3 .

Sorry for my Bad English

My System:

Win2k with Service Pack 4

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (T-Bred), 1.66 GHz with 512 MB Ram

This Problem have i only when i have klick the button once. When i dont use it i havent this problem.

Bug description: Network shortcut image doesn't appear if network location cannot be found.

Items involved: PIDLShortcut

Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 (fully patched)

System specs: Pentium-M 1.4GHz, 1GB RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: 32MB ATI Radeon 9200 Mobility, Catalyst 5.6 (won't run on anything higher)

Desklets running: Lots of PIDLShortcuts, FTP desklet, SysStats Vertical Calendar (modded)

Steps to reproduce: 1) Create a PIDLShortcut and point it at a network resource (computershare)

2) Disconnect from network

3) Close AveDesk

4) Restart AveDesk

Special notes: It's not that the desklet doesn't appear. It's just the image of the desklet that doesn't show. (see screenshot)

MissingDeskletPicture.png

Full screenshot when working properly

I don't think that this has anything to do with AutoMounter, since the desklet is there. I'm just guessing though.

Hello friends!

After loading Windows XP in desklet "Weather"

It is not displayed City and Weather Focast on 6 days. Somebody collided from you with such problem and how it probably to solve?

Best regards, Oleg.

P.S. Each time it is necessary to enter a new values City, Country...

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img363.imageshack.us/img363/845/avedeskweather1ip.th.jpg' alt='avedeskweather1ip.th.jpg'>

Bug description: Network shortcut image doesn't appear if network location cannot be found.

Items involved: PIDLShortcut

Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 (fully patched)

System specs: Pentium-M 1.4GHz, 1GB RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: 32MB ATI Radeon 9200 Mobility, Catalyst 5.6 (won't run on anything higher)

Desklets running: Lots of PIDLShortcuts, FTP desklet, SysStats Vertical Calendar (modded)

Steps to reproduce: 1) Create a PIDLShortcut and point it at a network resource (computershare)

2) Disconnect from network

3) Close AveDesk

4) Restart AveDesk

Special notes: It's not that the desklet doesn't appear. It's just the image of the desklet that doesn't show. (see screenshot)

MissingDeskletPicture.png

Full screenshot when working properly

I don't think that this has anything to do with AutoMounter, since the desklet is there. I'm just guessing though.

This happens to me as well, but in addition to my network drive it happends to a folder shortcut and, well, everything that uses the PIDLShortcut. The effect fix that seemed to solve the problem doesn't any longer.

Bug description: AveDesk crashes when trying to load SysStats or any desklet attached to SysStats

Items involved: SysStats

Windows Version: Windows 2K SP4 (I think.)

DirectX version: No idea, but this shouldn't cause an issue. It doesn't say anything about DX when it crashes or anything. But my DX might be 9...

System specs: Pentium 4 2GHz; 1GB of RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: nVidea GeForce 2 (I know, old). Latest drivers.

Desklets running: AveScript Calculator, D-Weather, Calendar, RSS; Translator; Notes; Searchbar (see screenshot: http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1476/ssdirty5gp.jpg) (All of these desklets are running in showcase mode)

Steps to reproduce:

1) Download and unzip SysStats for AveDesk

2) Attempt to load a desklet from SysStats or attempt to load SysStats

3) Watch the standard Windows "Debug/Cancel" window pop up...

Special Notes: It seems to be only my computer because it works for everyone else... still, I'd like to know a remedy.

Bug description: While trying to get help to review the formats and pre-set configs , I could not get the help to load

Items involved: PIDL shortcut to DVD drive C:

Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2

System specs:Intel Pentium M 1700, 1 gig of DDR RAM

Desklets running: DTP

Steps to reproduce: Tried and tried again to get it to load, to no luck.

using the lastest sysstats as well

help.gif

is there another work around for this? I went to redownload AveDesk and there was no installer just the zip, where I unzipped the puppy and did a paste in place to override the current files.

Sorry not to post my bug in the way it should be, but i read a similar post with the same bug i got.

Bug description: When making a second shortcut to a folder in my documents via the PIDL shortcut, avedesk closes.

Items involved: PIDL shortcut to C:Documents and Setting............Movies and Shows

Windows Version: Windows Xp Pro SP2

DirectX version: I beleive its Direct X 9.0c

System specs:P4 2.66GHz, 2.67GHz. 512 MB of RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: ATI Mobility Radeon 9200

Desklets running:PIDL shortcut -> my computer, shortcut 1 to my documents

Steps to reproduce: Basically run the program again...and try to re-make PIDL shortcuts....but the problem continues to happen

Special notes: N/A

Suddenly, my shortcuts (icons) are gone. I also use 4 shortcuts to folders (music, movies, wallpapers, downloads).

Has this been solved?

Bug description: when i drop a folder (not by copy/paste (just a drop (move))) pidlshortcut status doesnt update

Items involved: PIDL shortcut to a folder.

Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2

System specs:Pentium 4 3.0ghz, 1gb of DDR RAM

Graphics card & drivers version: ATI Radeon X800 128mb ddr3, Catalyst 5.11

Desklets running: PIDL

Steps to reproduce:

1 - i will copy the asasdasd folder into crap folder.

2 - as you can see..

3 - neat, pidlstatus gets updated. Now it shows one more folder |overall folder weight doesnt get updated thought|.

4 - lets undo everything and start again. Instead of copying, lets just move the folder.

5 - pidlshorcut doesnt update the folder nor the overall crap folder weight.

label format in crap folder : %d folders, %s

goof6ul.jpg