[request] Good Backup Software

• 6 months later...

I hate bumping threads like this, but this is a great tool that needs to be advertised a little... I am in the process of going raid 1 but until i build a new dedicated server, I picked up a 160 gb drive to backup primarily my music off my master partitioned drive. wanted free software that was easy to use and reliable... SyncToy offers about 7 options for synchronizing, echoing, etc; about any combination you want to backup folder a to folder b.

small, streamlined, free app... nice work microsoft!

I'm not sure yet... i tested it on a small volume populated with about 10 word documents, text files, folders, pictures... I ran a couple tests of renaming, deleting, altering, etc under the different options to see how well they worked... everything was very snappy and the options do exactly what the short explanation presents.

soon enough this will be used to sync my main music partition to folder on a non-partitioned (larger) secondary drive. The plan is to have a backup directory which is not limited by space constraints and later mirror w/ raid1 on a dedicated box for ftp/streaming from the outside...